- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 854871, 6 pages
Hybrid Total Knee Arthroplasty Revisited: Midterm Followup of Hybrid versus Cemented Fixation in Total Knee Arthroplasty
1Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Utah, 590 Wakara Way, Salt Lake City, UT 84108, USA
2Department of Orthopaedics, University of Mississippi, 2500 North State Street, Jackson, MS 39216, USA
Received 13 June 2013; Accepted 27 August 2013
Academic Editor: Frankie Leung
Copyright © 2013 Christopher E. Pelt et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. Illgen, J. Tueting, T. Enright, K. Schreibman, A. McBeath, and J. Heiner, “Hybrid total knee arthroplasty: a retrospective analysis of clinical and radiographic outcomes at average 10 years follow-up,” The Journal of Arthroplasty, vol. 19, no. 7, pp. 95–100, 2004.
- D. A. Parker, C. H. Rorabeck, and R. B. Bourne, “Long-term followup of cementless versus hybrid fixation for total knee arthroplasty,” Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research, no. 388, pp. 68–76, 2001.
- A. G. Rosenberg, R. M. Barden, and J. O. Galante, “Cemented and ingrowth fixation of the Miller-Galante prosthesis: clinical and roentgenographic comparison after three- to six-year follow-up studies,” Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research, no. 260, pp. 71–79, 1990.
- H. Shimagaki, J. E. Bechtold, R. E. Sherman, and R. B. Gustilo, “Stability of initial fixation of the tibial component in cementless total knee arthroplasty,” Journal of Orthopaedic Research, vol. 8, no. 1, pp. 64–71, 1990.
- A. G. Rosenberg, T. P. Andriacchi, R. Barden, and J. O. Galante, “Patellar component failure in cementless total knee arthroplasty,” Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research, no. 236, pp. 106–114, 1988.
- S. D. Stulberg, B. N. Stulberg, Y. Hamati, and A. Tsao, “Failure mechanisms of metal-backed patellar components,” Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research, no. 236, pp. 88–105, 1988.
- F. Gao, A. Henricson, and K. G. Nilsson, “Cemented versus uncemented fixation of the femoral component of the NexGen CR total knee replacement in patients younger than 60 years. A prospective randomised controlled RSA study,” Knee, vol. 16, no. 3, pp. 200–206, 2009.
- J. K. Kobs and P. F. Lachiewicz, “Hybrid total knee arthroplasty: two- to five-year results using the Miller-Galante prosthesis,” Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research, no. 286, pp. 78–87, 1993.
- M. J. Kraay, S. A. Meyers, V. M. Goldberg, H. E. Figgie III, and P. A. Conroy, “‘Hybrid’ total knee arthroplasty with the Miller-Galante prosthesis: a prospective clinical and roentgenographic evaluation,” Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research, no. 273, pp. 32–41, 1991.
- R. J. Wright, J. Lima, R. D. Scott, and T. S. Thornhill, “Two- to four-year results of posterior cruciate-sparing condylar total knee arthroplasty with an uncemented femoral component,” Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research, no. 260, pp. 80–86, 1990.
- A. König, S. Kirschner, M. Walther, M. Eisert, and J. Eulert, “Hybrid total knee arthroplasty,” Archives of Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery, vol. 118, no. 1-2, pp. 66–69, 1998.
- P. A. Schai, T. S. Thornhill, and R. D. Scott, “Total knee arthroplasty with the PFC system,” Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery B, vol. 80, no. 5, pp. 850–858, 1998.
- G. Demey, E. Servien, S. Lustig, T. A. Si Selmi, and P. Neyret, “Cemented versus uncemented femoral components in total knee arthroplasty,” Knee Surgery, Sports Traumatology, Arthroscopy, vol. 19, no. 7, pp. 1053–1059, 2011.
- P. M. Faris, E. M. Keating, A. Farris, J. B. Meding, and M. A. Ritter, “Hybrid total knee arthroplasty: 13-Year survivorship of AGC total knee systems with average 7 years followup,” Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research, vol. 466, no. 5, pp. 1204–1209, 2008.
- J. I. Huddleston, J. W. Wiley, and R. D. Scott, “Zone 4 femoral radiolucent lines in hybrid versus cemented total knee arthroplasties: are they clinically significant?” Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research, no. 441, pp. 334–339, 2005.
- M. D. Campbell, G. P. Duffy, and R. T. Trousdale, “Femoral component failure in hybrid total knee arthroplasty,” Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research, no. 356, pp. 58–65, 1998.
- G. P. Duffy, B. E. Murray, and R. R. Trousdale, “Hybrid total knee arthroplasty. Analysis of component failures at an average of 15 years,” The Journal of Arthroplasty, vol. 22, no. 8, pp. 1112–1115, 2007.
- A. V. Lombardi Jr., K. R. Berend, J. R. Leith, G. P. Mangino, and J. B. Adams, “Posterior-stabilized constrained total knee arthroplasty for complex primary cases,” Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery A, vol. 89, supplement 3, pp. 90–102, 2007.
- J. N. Insall, L. D. Dorr, R. D. Scott, and W. N. Scott, “Rationale of The Knee Society clinical rating system,” Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research, no. 248, pp. 13–14, 1989.
- F. C. Ewald, “The Knee Society total knee arthroplasty roentgenographic evaluation and scoring system,” Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research, no. 248, pp. 9–12, 1989.
- D. Casey, J. Cottrell, E. DiCarlo, R. Windsor, and T. Wright, “PFC knee replacement: osteolytic failures from extreme polyethylene degradation,” Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research, no. 464, pp. 157–163, 2007.