- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 856754, 6 pages
Coagulation Proteins Influencing Global Coagulation Assays in Cirrhosis: Hypercoagulability in Cirrhosis Assessed by Thrombomodulin-Induced Thrombin Generation Assay
1Department of Laboratory Medicine, Seoul National University College of Medicine, 101 Daehak-ro, Jongno-gu,
Seoul 110-744, Republic of Korea
2Cancer Research Institute, Seoul National University College of Medicine, 101 Daehak-ro, Jongno-gu, Seoul 110-744, Republic of Korea
Received 22 October 2012; Revised 3 January 2013; Accepted 24 January 2013
Academic Editor: Mina Hur
Copyright © 2013 Nam Youngwon et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- C. S. Kitchens, “To bleed or not to bleed? Is that the question for the PTT?” Journal of Thrombosis and Haemostasis, vol. 3, no. 12, pp. 2607–2611, 2005.
- S. J. Lewis, E. Stephens, G. Florou et al., “Measurement of global haemostasis in severe haemophilia a following factor VIII infusion,” British Journal of Haematology, vol. 138, no. 6, pp. 775–782, 2007.
- V. Regnault, S. Béguin, D. Wahl, E. de Maistre, H. Coenraad Hemker, and T. Lecompte, “Thrombinography shows acquired resistance to activated protein C in patients with lupus anticoagulants,” Thrombosis and Haemostasis, vol. 89, no. 2, pp. 208–212, 2003.
- A. Tripodi, F. Salerno, V. Chantarangkul et al., “Evidence of normal thrombin generation in cirrhosis despite abnormal conventional coagulation tests,” Hepatology, vol. 41, no. 3, pp. 553–558, 2005.
- A. Gatt, A. Riddell, V. Calvaruso, E. G. Tuddenham, M. Makris, and A. K. Burroughs, “Enhanced thrombin generation in patients with cirrhosis-induced coagulopathy,” Journal of Thrombosis and Haemostasis, vol. 8, no. 9, pp. 1994–2000, 2010.
- A. Tripodi, “How to implement the modified international normalized ratio for cirrhosis (INRliver) for model for end-stage liver disease calculation,” Hepatology, vol. 47, no. 4, pp. 1423–1424, 2008.
- A. Tripodi, M. Primignani, V. Chantarangkul et al., “An imbalance of pro- versus anti-coagulation factors in plasma from patients with cirrhosis,” Gastroenterology, vol. 137, no. 6, pp. 2105–2111, 2009.
- H. C. Hemker, P. Giesen, R. Al Dieri et al., “Calibrated automated thrombin generation measurement in clotting plasma,” Pathophysiology of Haemostasis and Thrombosis, vol. 33, no. 1, pp. 4–15, 2003.
- P. S. Kamath, R. H. Wiesner, M. Malinchoc et al., “A model to predict survival in patients with end-stage liver disease,” Hepatology, vol. 33, no. 2, pp. 464–470, 2001.
- H. K. Kim, D. S. Lee, S. H. Kang, J. Q. Kim, S. Park, and H. I. Cho, “Utility of the fibrinogen/C-reactive protein ratio for the diagnosis of disseminated intravascular coagulation,” Acta Haematologica, vol. 117, no. 1, pp. 34–39, 2007.
- A. W. J. H. Dielis, E. Castoldi, H. M. H. Spronk et al., “Coagulation factors and the protein C system as determinants of thrombin generation in a normal population,” Journal of Thrombosis and Haemostasis, vol. 6, no. 1, pp. 125–131, 2008.
- K. E. Brummel-Ziedins, R. L. Pouliot, and K. G. Mann, “Thrombin generation: phenotypic quantitation,” Journal of Thrombosis and Haemostasis, vol. 2, no. 2, pp. 281–288, 2004.
- A. Tripodi, M. Primignani, L. Lemma et al., “Detection of the imbalance of procoagulant versus anticoagulant factors in cirrhosis by a simple laboratory method,” Hepatology, vol. 52, no. 1, pp. 249–255, 2010.
- R. Luddington and T. Baglin, “Clinical measurement of thrombin generation by calibrated automated thrombography requires contact factor inhibition,” Journal of Thrombosis and Haemostasis, vol. 2, no. 11, pp. 1954–1959, 2004.