- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 873434, 6 pages
The Variable Origin of the Recurrent Artery of Heubner: An Anatomical and Morphometric Study
Institute of Anatomy, Faculty of Medicine, Comenius University, Spitalska 24, 813 72 Bratislava, Slovakia
Received 30 April 2013; Accepted 19 June 2013
Academic Editor: Mohammadali M. Shoja
Copyright © 2013 Hisham El Falougy et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. I. Haroun, D. Rigamonti, and R. J. Tamargo, “Recurrent artery of Heubner: Otto Heubner's description of the artery and his influence on pediatrics in Germany,” Journal of Neurosurgery, vol. 93, no. 6, pp. 1084–1088, 2000.
- M. Loukas, R. G. Louis Jr., and R. S. Childs, “Anatomical examination of the recurrent artery of Heubner,” Clinical Anatomy, vol. 19, no. 1, pp. 25–31, 2006.
- Y. Zunon-Kipré, J. Peltier, A. Haïdara, et al., “Microsurgical anatomy of distal medial striate artery (recurrent artery of Heubner),” Surgical and Radiologic Anatomy, vol. 34, pp. 15–20, 2012.
- Terminologia Anatomica: International Anatomical Terminology, Federative Committee on Anatomical Terminology (FCAT), Thieme Medical Publishers, New York, NY, USA, 1998.
- S. Standring, Ed., Gray's Anatomy: The Anatomical basis of Clinical Practice, Elsevier, Churchill Livingstone, New York, NY, USA, 39th edition, 2005.
- Y. Izci, H. Seçkin, J. Medow, C. Turnquist, and M. K. Başkaya, “Sulcal and gyral anatomy of the orbitofrontal cortex in relation to the recurrent artery of Heubner: an anatomical study,” Surgical and Radiologic Anatomy, vol. 31, no. 6, pp. 439–445, 2009.
- S. B. Pai, R. N. Kulkarni, and R. G. Varma, “Microsurgical anatomy of the anterior cerebral artery-anterior communicating artery complex: an Indian study,” Neurology Asia, vol. 10, pp. 21–28, 2005.
- I. Mavridis and S. Anagnostopoulou, “Comment on the brain areas whose blood supply is provided by the recurrent artery of Heubner,” Surgical and Radiologic Anatomy, vol. 32, no. 1, p. 91, 2010.
- X. Tao, X. J. Yu, B. Bhattarai et al., “Microsurgical anatomy of the anterior communicating artery complex in adult Chinese heads,” Surgical Neurology, vol. 65, no. 2, pp. 155–161, 2006.
- J. Hernesniemi, R. Dashti, M. Lehecka et al., “Microneurosurgical management of anterior communicating artery aneurysms,” Surgical Neurology, vol. 70, no. 1, pp. 8–28, 2008.
- J. A. Feekes and M. D. Cassell, “The vascular supply of the functional compartments of the human striatum,” Brain, vol. 129, no. 8, pp. 2189–2201, 2006.
- S. P. Miller, A. M. O'Gorman, and M. I. Shevell, “Recurrent artery of Heubner-infarction in infancy,” Developmental Medicine and Child Neurology, vol. 42, no. 5, pp. 344–346, 2000.
- E. Avci, D. Fossett, M. Aslan, A. Attar, and N. Egemen, “Branches of the anterior cerebral artery near the anterior communicating artery complex: an anatomic study and surgical perspective,” Neurologia Medico-Chirurgica, vol. 43, no. 7, pp. 329–333, 2003.
- D. Perlmutter and A. L. Rhoton Jr., “Microsurgical anatomy of the anterior cerebral anterior communicating recurrent artery complex,” Journal of Neurosurgery, vol. 45, no. 3, pp. 259–272, 1976.
- F. Gomes, M. Dujovny, and F. Umansky, “Microsurgical anatomy of the recurrent artery of Heubner,” Journal of Neurosurgery, vol. 60, no. 1, pp. 130–139, 1984.
- I. Uzün, E. Gürdal, Y. O. Cakmak, et al., “A reminder of the anatomy of the recurrent artery of heubner,” Central European Neurosurgery, vol. 70, no. 1, pp. 36–38, 2009.
- W. Gorczyca and G. Mohr, “Microvascular anatomy of Heubner's recurrent artery,” Neurological Research, vol. 9, no. 4, pp. 259–264, 1987.
- S. T. Quintero-Oliveros, L. E. Ballesteros-Acuñ, J. O. Ayala-Pimentel, and P. L. Forero-Porras, “Morphological characteristics of cerebral aneurysm of Willis' circle: a direct anatomical study,” Neurocirugia, vol. 20, no. 2, pp. 110–116, 2009.
- S. Marinkovic, M. Milisavljevic, and M. Kovacevic, “Anatomical bases for surgical approach to the initial segment of the anterior cerebral artery. Microanatomy of Heubner's artery and perforating branches of the anterior cerebral artery,” Surgical and Radiologic Anatomy, vol. 8, no. 1, pp. 7–18, 1986.