- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 892491, 7 pages
Identification and Characterization of Cyclic AMP Response Element-Binding Protein H Response Element in the Human Apolipoprotein A5 Gene Promoter
1KM-Based Herbal Drug Development Group, Herbal Medicine Research Division, Korea Institute of Oriental Medicine (KIOM),
483 Expo-ro, Yuseong-gu, Daejeon 305-811, Republic of Korea
2KM Health Technology Research Group, Medical Research Division, Korea Institute of Oriental Medicine (KIOM), 483 Expo-ro, Yuseong-gu, Daejeon 305-811, Republic of Korea
Received 15 February 2013; Revised 3 June 2013; Accepted 27 June 2013
Academic Editor: David W. Litchfield
Copyright © 2013 Kwang Hoon Song et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- N. Sarwar, J. Danesh, G. Eiriksdottir et al., “Triglycerides and the risk of coronary heart disease: 10 158 Incident cases among 262 525 participants in 29 Western prospective studies,” Circulation, vol. 115, no. 4, pp. 450–458, 2007.
- N. Sarwar, M. S. Sandhu, S. L. Ricketts et al., “Triglyceride-mediated pathways and coronary disease: collaborative analysis of 101 studies,” The Lancet, vol. 375, no. 9726, pp. 1634–1639, 2010.
- L. A. Pennacchio, M. Olivier, J. A. Hubacek et al., “An apolipoprotein influencing triglycerides in humans and mice revealed by comparative sequencing,” Science, vol. 294, no. 5540, pp. 169–173, 2001.
- H. N. Van der Vliet, M. G. Sammels, A. C. J. Leegwater et al., “Apolipoprotein A-V: a novel apolipoprotein associated with an early phase of liver regeneration,” Journal of Biological Chemistry, vol. 276, no. 48, pp. 44512–44520, 2001.
- N. Vu-Dac, P. Gervois, H. Jakel et al., “Apolipoprotein A5, a crucial determinant of plasma triglyceride levels, is highly responsive to peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor α activators,” Journal of Biological Chemistry, vol. 278, no. 20, pp. 17982–17985, 2003.
- X. Prieur, H. Coste, and J. C. Rodríguez, “The human apolipoprotein AV gene is regulated by peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-α and contains a novel farnesoid X-activated receptor response element,” Journal of Biological Chemistry, vol. 278, no. 28, pp. 25468–25480, 2003.
- A. Genoux, H. Dehondt, A. Helleboid-Chapman, et al., “Transcriptional regulation of apolipoprotein A5 gene expression by the nuclear receptor RORalpha,” Arteriosclerosis, Thrombosis, and Vascular Biology, vol. 25, no. 6, pp. 1186–1192, 2005.
- X. Prieur, F. G. Schaap, H. Coste, and J. C. Rodríguez, “Hepatocyte nuclear factor-4α regulates the human apolipoprotein AV gene: identification of a novel response element and involvement in the control by peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-γ coactivator-1α, AMP-activated protein kinase, and mitogen-activated protein kinase pathway,” Molecular Endocrinology, vol. 19, no. 12, pp. 3107–3125, 2005.
- K.-H. Song, “Orphan nuclear receptor Nur77 participates in human apolipoprotein A5 gene expression,” Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications, vol. 392, no. 1, pp. 63–66, 2010.
- Y. Omori, J.-I. Imai, M. Watanabe et al., “CREB-H: a novel mammalian transcription factor belonging to the CREB/ATF family and functioning via the box-B element with a liver-specific expression,” Nucleic Acids Research, vol. 29, no. 10, pp. 2154–2162, 2001.
- J. Luebke-Wheeler, K. Zhang, M. Battle et al., “Hepatocyte nuclear factor 4α is implicated in endoplasmic reticulum stress-induced acute phase response by regulating expression of cyclic adenosine monophosphate responsive element binding protein H,” Hepatology, vol. 48, no. 4, pp. 1242–1250, 2008.
- M.-W. Lee, D. Chanda, J. Yang et al., “Regulation of hepatic gluconeogenesis by an ER-bound transcription factor, CREBH,” Cell Metabolism, vol. 11, no. 4, pp. 331–339, 2010.
- C. Zhang, G. Wang, Z. Zheng et al., “Endoplasmic reticulum-tethered transcription factor cAMP responsive element-binding protein, hepatocyte specific, regulates hepatic lipogenesis, fatty acid oxidation, and lipolysis upon metabolic stress in mice,” Hepatology, vol. 55, no. 4, pp. 1070–1082, 2012.
- J. H. Lee, P. Giannikopoulos, S. A. Duncan et al., “The transcription factor cyclic AMP-responsive element-binding protein H regulates triglyceride metabolism,” Nature Medicine, vol. 17, no. 7, pp. 812–815, 2011.
- J. Misra, D. Chanda, D.-K. Kim et al., “Curcumin differentially regulates endoplasmic reticulum stress through transcriptional corepressor SMILE (small heterodimer partner-interacting leucine zipper protein)-mediated inhibition of CREBH (cAMP responsive element-binding protein H),” Journal of Biological Chemistry, vol. 286, no. 49, pp. 41972–41984, 2011.
- D. Chanda, D.-K. Kim, T. Li et al., “Cannabinoid Receptor Type 1 (CB1R) signaling regulates hepatic gluconeogenesis via induction of endoplasmic reticulum-bound transcription factor cAMP-responsive element-binding protein H (CREBH) in primary hepatocytes,” Journal of Biological Chemistry, vol. 286, no. 32, pp. 27971–27979, 2011.
- K.-H. Song, T. Li, and J. Y. L. Chiang, “A prospero-related homeodomain protein is a novel co-regulator of hepatocyte nuclear factor 4α that regulates the cholesterol 7α-hydroxylase gene,” Journal of Biological Chemistry, vol. 281, no. 15, pp. 10081–10088, 2006.
- H. N. Van der Vliet, F. G. Schaap, J. H. M. Levels et al., “Adenoviral overexpression of apolipoprotein A-V reduces serum levels of triglycerides and cholesterol in mice,” Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications, vol. 295, no. 5, pp. 1156–1159, 2002.
- M. Nowak, A. Helleboid-Chapman, H. Jakel et al., “Insulin-mediated down-regulation of apolipoprotein A5 gene expression through the phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase pathway: role of upstream stimulatory factor,” Molecular and Cellular Biology, vol. 25, no. 4, pp. 1537–1548, 2005.
- H. Jakel, M. Nowak, E. Moitrot et al., “The liver X receptor ligand T0901317 down-regulates APOA5 gene expression through activation of SREBP-1c,” Journal of Biological Chemistry, vol. 279, no. 44, pp. 45462–45469, 2004.