- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 898953, 6 pages
Stereotactic Body Radiotherapy as an Alternative to Brachytherapy in Gynecologic Cancer
1Department of Radiation Oncology, Cooper University Hospital, One Cooper Plaza, Camden, NJ 08103, USA
2Department of Gynecology, Cooper University Hospital, One Cooper Plaza, Camden, NJ 08103, USA
3Department of Gynecology, Center for Cancer and Hematologic Disease, Marlton, NJ 08003, USA
Received 18 April 2013; Accepted 12 July 2013
Academic Editor: Eng-Yen Huang
Copyright © 2013 Gregory J. Kubicek et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. Morris, P. J. Eifel, J. Lu et al., “Pelvic radiation with concurrent chemotherapy compared with pelvic and para-aortic radiation for high-risk cervical cancer,” The New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 340, no. 15, pp. 1137–1143, 1999.
- P. G. Rose, B. N. Bundy, E. B. Watkins et al., “Concurrent cisplatin-based radiotherapy and chemotherapy for locally advanced cervical cancer,” The New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 340, no. 15, pp. 1144–1153, 1999.
- P. J. Eifel, K. Winter, M. Morris et al., “Pelvic irradiation with concurrent chemotherapy versus pelvic and para-aortic irradiation for high-risk cervical cancer: an update of radiation therapy oncology group trial (RTOG) 90-01,” Journal of Clinical Oncology, vol. 22, no. 5, pp. 872–880, 2004.
- T. E. Schefter, K. Winter, J. S. Kwon et al., “A phase II study of Bevacizumab in combination with definitive radiotherapy and cisplatin chemotherapy in untreated patients with locally advanced cervical carcinoma: preliminary results of RTOG 0417,” International Journal of Radiation Oncology, Biology, Physics, vol. 83, no. 4, pp. 1179–1184, 2012.
- A. N. Viswanathan, B. Thomadsen, and American Brachytherapy Society Cervical Cancer Recommendations Committee, “American brachytherapy society consensus guidelines for locally advanced carcinoma of the cervix—part I: general principles,” Brachytherapy, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 33–46, 2012.
- W. Small Jr., S. Beriwal, D. J. Demanes et al., “American brachytherapy society consensus guidelines for adjuvant vaginal cuff brachytherapy after hysterectomy,” Brachytherapy, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 58–67, 2012.
- J. A. Haas, M. R. Witten, O. Clancey, K. Episcopia, D. Accordino, and E. Chalas, “CyberKnife boost for patients with cervical cancer unable to undergo brachytherapy,” Frontiers in Oncology, vol. 2, article 25, 2012.
- M. Molla, L. Escude, P. Nouet et al., “Fractionated stereotactic radiotherapy boost for gynecologic tumors: an alternative to brachytherapy?” International Journal of Radiation Oncology, Biology, Physics, vol. 62, no. 1, pp. 118–124, 2005.
- C. H. Hsieh, M. C. Wei, Y. P. Hsu et al., “Should helical tomotherapy replace brachy therapy for cervical cancer? Case report,” BMC Cancer, vol. 10, article 637, 2010.
- E. Kemmerer, E. Hernandez, J. S. Ferriss et al., “Use of image-guided stereotactic body radiation therapy in Lieu of intracavitary brachytherapy for the treatment of inoperable endometrial neoplasia,” International Journal of Radiation Oncology, Biology, Physics, vol. 85, no. 1, pp. 129–135, 2013.
- D. S. Higginson, D. E. Morris, E. L. Jones, D. Clarke-Pearson, and M. A. Varia, “Stereotactic body radiotherapy (SBRT): technological innovation and application in gynecologic oncology,” Gynecologic Oncology, vol. 120, no. 3, pp. 404–412, 2011.
- M. Guckenberger, J. Bachmann, J. Wulf et al., “Stereotactic body radiotherapy for local boost irradiation in unfavourable locally recurrent gynaecological cancer,” Radiotherapy and Oncology, vol. 94, no. 1, pp. 53–59, 2010.
- M. Cengiz, A. Dogan, G. Ozyigit et al., “Comparison of intracavitary brachytherapy and stereotactic body radiotherapy dose distribution for cervical cancer,” Brachytherapy, vol. 11, no. 2, pp. 125–129, 2012.
- N. H. Haripotepornkul, S. K. Nath, D. Scanderbeg, C. Saenz, and C. M. Yashar, “Evaluation of intra- and inter-fraction movement of the cervix during intensity modulated radiation therapy,” Radiotherapy and Oncology, vol. 98, no. 3, pp. 347–351, 2011.
- S. Nag and N. Gupta, “A simple method of obtaining equivalent doses for use in HDR brachytherapy,” International Journal of Radiation Oncology, Biology, Physics, vol. 46, no. 2, pp. 507–513, 2000.
- M. Pinn-Bingham, A. A. Puthawala, A. M. Syed et al., “Outcomes of high-dose-rate interstitial brachytherapy in the treatment of locally advanced cervical cancer: long-term results,” International Journal of Radiation Oncology, Biology, Physics, vol. 85, no. 3, pp. 712–720, 2013.
- S. Beriwal, A. Bhatnagar, D. E. Heron et al., “High-dose-rate interstitial brachytherapy for gynecologic malignancies,” Brachytherapy, vol. 5, no. 4, pp. 218–222, 2006.
- L. H. Barraclough, R. Swindell, J. E. Livsey, R. D. Hunter, and S. E. Davidson, “External beam boost for cancer of the cervix uteri when intracavitary therapy cannot be performed,” International Journal of Radiation Oncology, Biology, Physics, vol. 71, no. 3, pp. 772–778, 2008.