- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 902467, 10 pages
miR-1279, miR-548j, miR-548m, and miR-548d-5p Binding Sites in CDSs of Paralogous and Orthologous PTPN12, MSH6, and ZEB1 Genes
National Nanotechnology Laboratory, Al-Farabi Kazakh National University, Almaty 050038, Kazakhstan
Received 27 February 2013; Revised 14 May 2013; Accepted 28 May 2013
Academic Editor: Vassily Lyubetsky
Copyright © 2013 Anatoliy T. Ivashchenko et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. C. Lee, R. L. Feinbaum, and V. Ambros, “The C. elegans heterochronic gene lin-4 encodes small RNAs with antisense complementarity to lin-4,” Cell, vol. 75, no. 5, pp. 843–854, 1993.
- P. Xu, S. Y. Vernooy, M. Guo, and B. A. Hay, “The Drosophila microRNA mir-14 suppresses cell death and is required for normal fat metabolism,” Current Biology, vol. 13, no. 9, pp. 790–795, 2003.
- J. Brennecke, D. R. Hipfner, A. Stark, R. B. Russell, and S. M. Cohen, “bantam encodes a developmentally regulated microRNA that controls cell proliferation and regulates the proapoptotic gene hid in Drosophila,” Cell, vol. 113, no. 1, pp. 25–36, 2003.
- M. Liu and H. Chen, “The role of microRNAs in colorectal cancer,” Journal of Genetics and Genomics, vol. 37, no. 6, pp. 347–358, 2010.
- J. Krol, I. Loedige, and W. Filipowicz, “The widespread regulation of microRNA biogenesis, function and decay,” Nature Reviews Genetics, vol. 11, no. 9, pp. 597–610, 2010.
- T. M. Witkos, E. Koscianska, and W. J. Krzyzosiak, “Practical aspects of microRNA target prediction,” Current Molecular Medicine, vol. 11, no. 2, pp. 93–109, 2011.
- N. Rajewsky, “microRNA target predictions in animals,” Nature Genetics, vol. 38, supplement 1, pp. S8–S13, 2006.
- C. Zhao, C. Huang, T. Weng, X. Xiao, H. Ma, and L. Liu, “Computational prediction of MicroRNAs targeting GABA receptors and experimental verification of miR-181, miR-216 and miR-203 targets in GABA-A receptor,” BMC Research Notes, vol. 5, no. 91, pp. 1–8, 2012.
- P. Lekprasert, M. Mayhew, and U. Ohler, “Assessing the utility of thermodynamic features for microRNA target prediction under relaxed seed and no conservation requirements,” PLoS ONE, vol. 6, no. 6, Article ID e20622, 2011.
- A. J. Enright, B. John, U. Gaul, T. Tuschl, C. Sander, and D. S. Marks, “MicroRNA targets in Drosophila,” Genome Biology, vol. 5, no. 1, p. R1, 2003.
- B. P. Lewis, C. B. Burge, and D. P. Bartel, “Conserved seed pairing, often flanked by adenosines, indicates that thousands of human genes are microRNA targets,” Cell, vol. 120, no. 1, pp. 15–20, 2005.
- D. Grün, Y. Wang, D. Langenberger, K. C. Gunsalus, and N. Rajewsky, “MicroRNA target predictions across seven drosophilo species and comparison to mammalian targets,” PLoS Computational Biology, vol. 1, no. 1, Article ID e13, 2005.
- M. Kiriakidou, P. T. Nelson, A. Kouranov et al., “A combined computational-experimental approach predicts human microRNA targets,” Genes and Development, vol. 18, no. 10, pp. 1165–1178, 2004.
- A. Stark, J. Brennecke, R. B. Russell, and S. M. Cohen, “Identification of Drosophila microRNA targets,” PLoS Biology, vol. 1, no. 3, Article ID E60, 2003.
- M. Rehmsmeier, P. Steffen, M. Höchsmann, and R. Giegerich, “Fast and effective prediction of microRNA/target duplexes,” RNA, vol. 10, no. 10, pp. 1507–1517, 2004.
- M. Schnall-Levin, O. S. Rissland, W. K. Johnston, N. Perrimon, D. P. Bartel, and B. Berger, “Unusually effective microRNA targeting within repeat-rich coding regions of mammalian mRNAs,” Genome Research, vol. 21, no. 9, pp. 1395–1403, 2011.
- L. D. Hurst, “Preliminary assessment of the impact of microrna-mediated regulation on coding sequence evolution in mammals,” Journal of Molecular Evolution, vol. 63, no. 2, pp. 174–182, 2006.
- X. Zhou, X. Duan, J. Qian, and F. Li, “Abundant conserved microRNA target sites in the 5′-untranslated region and coding sequence,” Genetica, vol. 137, no. 2, pp. 159–164, 2009.
- A. S. Issabekova, O. A. Berillo, M. Regnier, and A. T. Ivashchenko, “Interactions of intergenic microRNAs with mRNAs of genes involved in carcinogenesis,” Bioinformation, vol. 8, no. 11, pp. 513–518, 2012.
- S. Volinia, M. Galasso, M. E. Sana et al., “Breast cancer signatures for invasiveness and prognosis defined by deep sequencing of microRNA,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, vol. 109, no. 8, pp. 3024–3029, 2012.
- G. Kaur, A. Masoud, N. Raihan, M. Radzi, W. Khamizar, and L. S. Kam, “Mismatch repair genes expression defects and association with clinicopathological characteristics in colorectal carcinoma,” Indian Journal of Medical Research, vol. 134, no. 2, pp. 186–192, 2011.
- T. Ripperger, C. Beger, N. Rahner et al., “Constitutional mismatch repair deficiency and childhood leukemia/lymphoma-report on a novel biallelic ?MSH6 mutation,” Haematologica, vol. 95, no. 5, pp. 841–844, 2010.
- A. Feber, L. Xi, J. D. Luketich et al., “MicroRNA expression profiles of esophageal cancer,” Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, vol. 135, no. 2, pp. 255–260, 2008.
- T. Sun, N. Aceto, K. L. Meerbrey et al., “Activation of multiple proto-oncogenic tyrosine kinases in breast cancer via loss of the PTPN12 phosphatase,” Cell, vol. 144, no. 5, pp. 703–718, 2011.
- A. K. Win, J. P. Young, N. M. Lindor et al., “Colorectal and other cancer risks for carriers and noncarriers from families with a DNA mismatch repair gene mutation: a prospective cohort study,” Journal of Clinical Oncology, vol. 30, no. 9, pp. 958–964, 2012.
- M. Ollikainen, W. M. Abdel-Rahman, A. Moisio et al., “Molecular analysis of familial endometrial carcinoma: a manifestation of hereditary nonpolyposis colorectal cancer or a separate syndrome?” Journal of Clinical Oncology, vol. 23, no. 21, pp. 4609–4616, 2005.
- Y. Arima, H. Hayashi, M. Sasaki et al., “Induction of ZEB proteins by inactivation of RB protein is key determinant of mesenchymal phenotype of breast cancer,” Journal of Biological Chemistry, vol. 287, no. 11, pp. 7896–7906, 2012.
- I. Lee, S. S. Ajay, I. Y. Jong et al., “New class of microRNA targets containing simultaneous 5′-UTR and 3′-UTR interaction sites,” Genome Research, vol. 19, no. 7, pp. 1175–1183, 2009.
- A. S. Issabekova, O. A. Berillo, V. A. Khailenko, S. A. Atambayeva, M. Regnier, and A. T. Ivachshenko, “Characteristics of intronic and intergenic human miRNAs and features of their interaction with mRNA,” World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology, no. 59, pp. 63–66, 2011.
- S. Miura, M. Nozawa, and M. Nei, “Evolutionary changes of the target sites of two MicroRNAs encoded in the Hox gene cluster of Drosophila and other insect species,” Genome Biology and Evolution, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 129–139, 2011.
- M. Nozawa, S. Miura, and M. Nei, “Origins and evolution of microRNA genes in Drosophila species,” Genome Biology and Evolution, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 180–189, 2010.