- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 903142, 12 pages
Restoring Fertility in Sterile Childhood Cancer Survivors by Autotransplanting Spermatogonial Stem Cells: Are We There Yet?
Centre for Reproductive Medicine, Women’s and Children’s Hospital, Academic Medical Centre, University of Amsterdam,
1105 AZ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Received 19 October 2012; Accepted 11 December 2012
Academic Editor: Irma Virant-Klun
Copyright © 2013 Robert B. Struijk et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [14 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Daniel H. Williams IV, “Fertility preservation in the male with cancer,” Current Urology Reports, vol. 14, no. 4, pp. 315–326, 2013.
- Bita Nickkholgh, S. Canan Mizrak, Saskia K.M. van Daalen, Cindy M. Korver, Hooman Sadri-Ardekani, Sjoerd Repping, and Ans M.M. van Pelt, “Genetic and epigenetic stability of human spermatogonial stem cells during long-term culture,” Fertility and Sterility, 2014.
- Jingmei Hou, Shi Yang, Hao Yang, Yang Liu, Yun Liu, Yanan Hai, Zheng Chen, Ying Guo, Yuehua Gong, Wei-Qiang Gao, Zheng Li, and Zuping He, “Generation of male differentiated germ cells from various types of stem cells,” Reproduction, vol. 147, no. 6, pp. R179–R188, 2014.
- Bita Nickkholgh, Sefika Canan Mizrak, Cindy M. Korver, Saskia K.M. van Daalen, Andreas Meissner, Sjoerd Repping, and Ans M.M. van Pelt, “Enrichment of spermatogonial stem cells from long-term cultured human testicular cells,” Fertility and Sterility, 2014.
- Grace M. Centola, “Semen Assessment,” Urologic Clinics of North America, vol. 41, no. 1, pp. 163–+, 2014.
- Deepa Bhartiya, Indira Hinduja, Hiren Patel, and Rashmi Bhilawadikar, “Making gametes from pluripotent stem cells - a promising role for very small embryonic-like stem cells,” Reproductive Biology And Endocrinology, vol. 12, 2014.
- Florian Flenkenthaler, Stefanie Windschüttl, Thomas Fröhlich, J. Ullrich Schwarzer, Artur Mayerhofer, and Georg J. Arnold, “Secretome Analysis of Testicular Peritubular Cells: A Window into the Human Testicular Microenvironment and the Spermatogonial Stem Cell Niche in Man,” Journal of Proteome Research, pp. 140130101140001, 2014.
- Helen M. Picton, Christine Wyns, Richard A. Anderson, Ellen Goossens, Kirsi Jahnukainen, Sabine Kliesch, Rod T. Mitchell, G. Pennings, Natalie Rives, Herman Tournaye, Ans M.M. van Pelt, Ursula Eichenlaub-Ritter, and Stefan Schlatt, “A European perspective on testicular tissue cryopreservation for fertility preservation in prepubertal and adolescent boys,” Human Reproduction, pp. dev190, 2015.
- R. Vassena, C. Eguizabal, B. Heindryckx, K. Sermon, C. Simon, A.M.M. van Pelt, A. Veiga, and F. Zambelli, “Stem cells in reproductive medicine: ready for the patient?: Figure 1,” Human Reproduction, pp. dev181, 2015.
- Kevin A. Ostrowski, and Thomas J. Walsh, “Infertility with Testicular Cancer,” Urologic Clinics of North America, 2015.
- B. Nickkholgh, C.M. Korver, S.K.M. van Daalen, A.M.M. van Pelt, and S. Repping, “ AZFc deletions do not affect the function of human spermatogonia in vitro ,” Molecular Human Reproduction, vol. 21, no. 7, pp. 553–562, 2015.
- Guénolée de Lambert, Catherine Poirot, Florent Guérin, Laurence Brugières, and Héléne Martelli, “La préservation de la fertilité dans les cancers de l’enfant,” Bulletin du Cancer, 2015.
- Margaret Zacharin, “Pubertal induction in hypogonadism: Current approaches including use of gonadotrophins,” Best Practice & Research Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism, 2015.
- Deepa Bhartiya, Sandhya Anand, and Seema Parte, “VSELs may obviate cryobanking of gonadal tissue in cancer patients for fertility preservation,” Journal of Ovarian Research, vol. 8, no. 1, 2015.