- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 903460, 7 pages
Persistent Primitive Olfactory Artery in Serbian Population
1Department of Anatomy, Faculty of Medicine, University of Niš, Boulevard Dr. Zoran Đinđić 81, 18000 Niš, Serbia
2Center for Biomedical Researches, Faculty of Medicine, University of Niš, Boulevard Dr. Zoran Đinđić 81, 18000 Niš, Serbia
Received 11 April 2013; Accepted 17 June 2013
Academic Editor: Hongjuan Liu
Copyright © 2013 Ljiljana Vasović et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- D. B. Moffat, “The embryology of the arteries of the brain. Arris and Gale lecture delivered at the Royal College of surgeons of England,” pp. 368–382, 1962, http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2414182/pdf/annrcse00385-0020.pdf.
- T. Minakawa, M. Kawamata, M. Hayano, and K. Kawakami, “Aneurysms associated with fenestrated anterior cerebral arteries. Report of four cases and review of the literature,” Surgical Neurology, vol. 24, no. 3, pp. 284–288, 1985.
- J. S. Koh, S. H. Lee, J. S. Bang, and G. K. Kim, “Three-dimensional angiographic demonstration of plexiform fenestrations of the proximal anterior cerebral artery associated with a ruptured aneurysm,” Journal of Korean Neurosurgical Society, vol. 44, no. 5, pp. 338–340, 2008.
- S. J. Dimmick and K. C. Faulder, “Normal variants of the cerebral circulation at multidetector CT angiography,” Radiographics, vol. 29, no. 4, pp. 1027–1043, 2009.
- A. Uchino, A. Sawada, Y. Takase, and S. Kudo, “MR angiography of anomalous branches of the internal carotid artery,” American Journal of Roentgenology, vol. 181, no. 5, pp. 1409–1414, 2003.
- M. Okahara, H. Kiyosue, H. Mori, S. Tanoue, M. Sainou, and H. Nagatomi, “Anatomic variations of the cerebral arteries and their embryology: a pictorial review,” European Radiology, vol. 12, no. 10, pp. 2548–2561, 2002.
- K. Nozaki, W. Taki, O. Kawakami, and N. Hashimoto, “Cerebral aneurysm associated with persistent primitive olfactory artery aneurysm,” Acta Neurochirurgica, vol. 140, no. 4, pp. 397–402, 1998.
- S. Tsutsumi, Y. Shimizu, Y. Nonaka et al., “Arteriovenous fistula arising from the persistent primitive olfactory artery with dual supply from the bilateral anterior ethmoidal arteries—case report,” Neurologia Medico-Chirurgica, vol. 49, no. 9, pp. 407–409, 2009.
- T. Yamamoto, K. Suzuki, T. Yamazaki, W. Tsuruta, T. Tsurubuchi, and A. Matsumura, “Persistent primitive olfactory artery aneurysm—case report,” Neurologia Medico-Chirurgica, vol. 49, no. 7, pp. 303–305, 2009.
- A. Uchino, N. Saito, E. Kozawa, W. Mizukoshi, and K. Inoue, “Persistent primitive olfactory artery: MR angiographic diagnosis,” Surgical and Radiologic Anatomy, vol. 33, no. 3, pp. 197–201, 2011.
- B. R. Kwon, S. H. Yeo, H. W. Chang, et al., “Magnetic resonance angiography and CT angiography of persistent primitive olfactory artery: incidence and association rate with aneurysm in Korea,” Journal of the Korean Society of Radiology, vol. 66, no. 6, pp. 493–499, 2012.
- T. Kaneko, K. Suetake, T. Shinya, and M. Takeda, “Persistent primitive olfactory artery: report of 5 cases,” Neurological Surgery, vol. 27, no. 10, pp. 933–939, 1999.
- N. Horie, M. Morikawa, S. Fukuda, K. Hayashi, K. Suyama, and I. Nagata, “New variant of persistent primitive olfactory artery associated with a ruptured aneurysm,” Journal of Neurosurgery, vol. 117, no. 1, pp. 26–28, 2012.
- M. Katayama, Y. Shimamoto, and S. Suga, “Primitive olfactory artery—characteristics and cerebral aneurysms associated with primitive olfactory artery,” Niche Neuro-Angiology Conference, (Jpn/Eng), 2012, http://nnac.umin.jp/nnac/Download_2012_files/Katayama.pdf.
- H. Enomoto, H. Goto, and M. Murase, “A ruptured cerebral aneurysm of the frontoorbital artery and the coexisting anastomosis with the anterior ethmoidal artery. A case report,” Neurological Surgery, vol. 14, no. 2, pp. 203–206, 1986.
- T. Tsuji, M. Abe, and K. Tabuchi, “Aneurysm of a persistent primitive olfactory artery: case report,” Journal of Neurosurgery, vol. 83, no. 1, pp. 138–140, 1995.
- A. Yamaura, M. Takase, and H. Makino, “An aneurysm of the proximal anterior cerebral artery at the olfactory bulb,” Surgical Neurology, vol. 12, no. 5, pp. 425–427, 1979.
- M. S. Kim and G. J. Lee, “Diagnosis of persistent primitive olfactory artery using computed tomography angiography,” Journal of Korean Neurosurgical Society, vol. 49, no. 5, pp. 290–291, 2011.
- S. H. Yeo, B. H. Rho, E. Kim, C. H. Sohn, and H. W. Chang, “Diagnosis of persistent primitive olfactory artery using CT angiography: a case report,” Journal of the Korean Society of Radiology, vol. 61, no. 3, pp. 139–141, 2009.
- D. B. Moffat, “A case of peristence of the primitive olfactory artery,” Anatomischer Anzeiger, vol. 121, no. 5, pp. 477–479, 1967.
- W.-C. Lin, S.-W. Hsu, Y.-L. Kuo, J. A. Feekes, and H.-C. Wang, “Combination of olfactory course anterior cerebral artery and accessory middle cerebral artery (MCA) with occluded in situ MCA and related moyamoya phenomenon,” Brain and Development, vol. 31, no. 4, pp. 318–321, 2009.
- L. Vasović, I. Jovanović, S. Ugrenović, and M. Trandafilović, “Remnants of embryonic arteries on the brain base: a case report,” World Journal of Neuroscience, vol. 2, no. 2, pp. 133–137, 2012.
- L. Vasović, S. Ugrenović, and I. Jovanović, “Human fetal medial striate artery or artery of Heubner,” Journal of Neurosurgery Pediatrics, vol. 3, no. 4, pp. 296–301, 2009.
- L. Vasović, Morphological characteristics of the cerebral arterial circle with different origin of the vertebral arteries [M.S. thesis], Faculty of Medicine, Niš, Serbia, 1990.
- M. Komiyama, “Persistent primitive olfactory artery,” Surgical and Radiologic Anatomy, vol. 34, no. 1, pp. 97–98, 2012.
- T. Krishnamoorthy, A. K. Gupta, R. N. Bhattacharya, B. J. Rajesh, and S. Purkayastha, “Anomalous origin of the callosomarginal artery from the A1 segment with an associated saccular aneurysm,” American Journal of Neuroradiology, vol. 27, no. 10, pp. 2075–2077, 2006.
- T. H. Kim, H. K. Lee, J. J. Rhee, S. J. Lee, C. H. Lee, and M. S. Kim, “The incidence and clinical significance of fenestrations in the horizontal segment of the anterior cerebral artery detected by conventional angiography and magnetic resonance angiography,” Journal of Korean Neurosurgery Society, vol. 40, no. 1, pp. 74–78, 2006.