- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 904247, 7 pages
Targeting the Immunogenetic Diseases with the Appropriate HLA Molecular Typing: Critical Appraisal on 2666 Patients Typed in One Single Centre
1Laboratorio di Immunogenetica, Servizio di Immunoematologia e Medicina Trasfusionale, Fondazione IRCCS Policlinico San Matteo, 27100 Pavia, Italy
2Unità di Biometria, Direzione Scientifica, Fondazione IRCCS Policlinico San Matteo, 27100 Pavia, Italy
3Clinica Reumatologica, Fondazione IRCCS Policlinico San Matteo, Università degli Studi di Pavia, 27100 Pavia, Italy
4Clinica Medica I, Centro per lo Studio e la Cura delle Malattie Infiammatorie Croniche Intestinali, Fondazione IRCCS Policlinico San Matteo, Università degli Studi di Pavia, 27100 Pavia, Italy
5Clinica Pediatrica, Fondazione IRCCS Policlinico San Matteo, Università degli Studi di Pavia, 27100 Pavia, Italy
6Clinica Oculistica, Fondazione IRCCS Policlinico San Matteo, Università degli Studi di Pavia, 27100 Pavia, Italy
7Servizio di Immunoematologia e Medicina Trasfusionale, Fondazione IRCCS Policlinico San Matteo, Università degli Studi di Pavia, 27100 Pavia, Italy
Received 26 October 2012; Accepted 20 December 2012
Academic Editor: Ozgur Cogulu
Copyright © 2013 M. Guarene et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. Caillat-Zucman, “Molecular mechanisms of HLA association with autoimmune diseases,” Tissue Antigens, vol. 73, no. 1, pp. 1–8, 2009.
- D. A. Brewerton, F. D. Hart, A. Nicholls, M. Caffrey, D. C. James, and R. D. Sturrock, “Ankylosing spondylitis and HL-A 27,” Lancet, vol. 1, no. 7809, pp. 904–907, 1973.
- L. Schlosstein, P. I. Terasaki, R. Bluestone, and C. M. Pearson, “High association of an HL-A antigen, W27, with ankylosing spondylitis,” The New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 288, no. 14, pp. 704–706, 1973.
- A. El Maghraoui, “Extra-articular manifestations of ankylosing spondylitis: prevalence, characteristics and therapeutic implications,” European Journal of Internal Medicine, vol. 22, no. 6, pp. 554–560, 2011.
- J. H. M. Chang and D. Wakefield, “Uveitis: a global perspective,” Ocular Immunology and Inflammation, vol. 10, no. 4, pp. 263–279, 2002.
- E. Antoniazzi, R. Guagliano, V. Meroni, S. Pezzotta, and P. E. Bianchi, “Ocular impairment of toxoplasmosis,” Parassitologia, vol. 50, no. 1-2, pp. 35–36, 2008.
- L. Du, A. Kijlstra, and P. Yang, “Immune response genes in uveitis,” Ocular Immunology and Inflammation, vol. 17, no. 4, pp. 249–256, 2009.
- H. Yazici, I. Fresko, and S. Yurdakul, “Behçet's syndrome: disease manifestations, management, and advances in treatment,” Nature Clinical Practice Rheumatology, vol. 3, no. 3, pp. 148–155, 2007.
- T. I. Kaya, “Genetics of Behçet's disease,” Pathology Research International, vol. 2012, Article ID 912589, 6 pages, 2012.
- J. Worthington, “Investigating the genetic basis of susceptibility to rheumatoid arthritis,” Journal of Autoimmunity, vol. 25, supplement, pp. 16–20, 2005.
- R. Caporali, F. B. Pallavicini, M. Filippini et al., “Treatment of rheumatoid arthritis with anti-TNF-alpha agents: a reappraisal,” Autoimmunity Reviews, vol. 8, no. 3, pp. 274–280, 2009.
- E. G. Favalli, R. Caporali, L. Sinigaglia et al., “Recommendations for the use of biologic therapy in rheumatoid arthritis: update from the Italian Society for Rheumatology II. Safety,” Clinical and Experimental Rheumatology, vol. 29, no. 3, supplement 66, pp. 15–27, 2011.
- D. Ou, L. A. Mitchell, and A. J. Tingle, “HLA-DR restrictive supertypes dominate promiscuous T cell recognition: association of multiple HLA-DR molecules with susceptibility to autoimmune diseases,” Journal of Rheumatology, vol. 24, no. 2, pp. 253–261, 1997.
- J. S. Fraser and P. J. Ciclitira, “Pathogenesis of coeliac disease: implications for treatment,” World Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 7, no. 6, pp. 772–776, 2001.
- R. Ciccocioppo, A. Di Sabatino, and G. R. Corazza, “The immune recognition of gluten in coeliac disease,” Clinical and Experimental Immunology, vol. 140, no. 3, pp. 408–416, 2005.
- A. Di Sabatino and G. R. Corazza, “Coeliac disease,” The Lancet, vol. 373, no. 9673, pp. 1480–1493, 2009.
- A. S. Louka and L. M. Sollid, “HLA in coeliac disease: unravelling the complex genetics of a complex disorder,” Tissue Antigens, vol. 61, no. 2, pp. 105–117, 2003.
- M. M. Jahromi and G. S. Eisenbarth, “Cellular and molecular pathogenesis of type 1A diabetes,” Cellular and Molecular Life Sciences, vol. 64, no. 7-8, pp. 865–872, 2007.
- D. Larizza, V. Calcaterra, C. Klersy et al., “Common immunogenetic profile in children with multiple autoimmune diseases: the signature of HLA-DQ pleiotropic genes,” Autoimmunity, vol. 45, no. 6, pp. 470–475, 2012.
- F. Pociot and M. F. McDermott, “Genetics of type 1 diabetes mellitus,” Genes and Immunity, vol. 3, no. 5, pp. 235–249, 2002.
- E. Thorsby and B. A. Lie, “HLA associated genetic predisposition to autoimmune diseases: genes involved and possible mechanisms,” Transplant Immunology, vol. 14, no. 3-4, pp. 175–182, 2005.
- J. Sieper and M. Rudwaleit, “Early referral recommendations for ankylosing spondylitis (including pre-radiographic and radiographic forms) in primary care,” Annals of the Rheumatic Diseases, vol. 64, no. 5, pp. 659–663, 2005.
- J. Deschenes, P. I. Murray, N. A. Rao, and R. B. Nussenblatt, “International Uveitis Study Group (IUSG): clinical classification of uveitis,” Ocular Immunology and Inflammation, vol. 16, no. 1-2, pp. 1–2, 2008.
- International Team for the Revision of the International Criteria for Behcet’s Disease, “Evaluation of the International Criteria for Behcet’s disease (ICBD),” Clinical and Experimental Rheumatology, vol. 24, supplement 42, p. 13, 2006.
- L. Silva-Fernández, I. Castrejón, C. Bombardier, and L. Carmona, “Diagnostic and prognostic value of genetics in undifferentiated peripheral inflammatory arthritis: a systematic review,” Journal of Rheumatology, vol. 38, supplement 87, pp. 38–44, 2011.
- A. Rostom, J. A. Murray, and M. F. Kagnoff, “American Gastroenterological Association (AGA) Institute technical review on the diagnosis and management of celiac disease,” Gastroenterology, vol. 131, no. 6, pp. 1981–2002, 2006.
- American Diabetes Association, “Standards of medical care in diabetes—2010,” Diabetes Care, vol. 33, supplement 1, pp. S11–S61, 2010.
- C. Capittini, C. Tinelli, M. Guarene, et al., “Possible KIR-driven genetic pressure on the genesis and maintenance of specific HLA-A,B haplotypes as functional genetic blocks,” Genes and Immunity, vol. 13, no. 6, pp. 452–457, 2012.
- D. Groth, S. Hartmann, S. Klie, and J. Selbig, “Principal components analysis,” Methods in Molecular Biology, vol. 930, pp. 527–547, 2013.
- M. T. Fiorillo, C. Rückert, M. Hülsmeyer et al., “Allele-dependent similarity between viral and self-peptide presentation by HLA-B27 subtypes,” Journal of Biological Chemistry, vol. 280, no. 4, pp. 2962–2971, 2005.
- F. Mackensen, F. David, V. Schwenger et al., “HLA-DRB1*0102 is associated with TINU syndrome and bilateral, sudden-onset anterior uveitis but not with interstitial nephritis alone,” British Journal of Ophthalmology, vol. 95, no. 7, pp. 971–975, 2011.
- C. Capittini, A. Pasi, P. Bergamaschi et al., “HLA haplotypes and birth weight variation: is your future going to be light or heavy?” Tissue Antigens, vol. 74, no. 2, pp. 156–163, 2009.