- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 908907, 10 pages
Metabolism, Physiological Role, and Clinical Implications of Sphingolipids in Gastrointestinal Tract
1Department of Physiology, Medical University of Bialystok, Mickiewicza Street 2C, 15-222 Białystok, Poland
2Department of Public Health, Medical University of Bialystok, Szpitalna Street 37, 15-295 Białystok, Poland
3Regional Blood Center, M. Skłodowskiej–Curie Street 23, 15-950 Białystok, Poland
Received 9 April 2013; Revised 30 June 2013; Accepted 2 August 2013
Academic Editor: Atsushi Sakuraba
Copyright © 2013 Krzysztof Kurek et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [5 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Krzysztof Kurek, Patrycja Wiesiołek-Kurek, Dominika M. Piotrowska, Bartłomiej Łukaszuk, Adrian Chabowski, and Małgorzata Żendzian-Piotrowska, “Inhibition of Ceramide De Novo Synthesis with Myriocin Affects Lipid Metabolism in the Liver of Rats with Streptozotocin-Induced Type 1 Diabetes,” BioMed Research International, vol. 2014, pp. 1–10, 2014.
- Núria Canela, Pol Herrero, Sílvia Mariné, Pedro Nadal, Maria Rosa Ras, Pedro Nadal, Miguel Ángel Rodríguez, and Lluís Arola, “Analytical methods in sphingolipidomics: Quantitative and profiling approaches in food analysis,” Journal of Chromatography A, 2015.
- David Rojo, María J Gosalbes, Rafaela Ferrari, Ana E Pérez-Cobas, Ester Hernández, Rosa Oltra, Javier Buesa, Amparo Latorre, Coral Barbas, Manuel Ferrer, and Andrés Moya, “Clostridium difficile heterogeneously impacts intestinal community architecture but drives stable metabolome responses,” The ISME Journal, 2015.
- Krzysztof Kurek, Bartłomiej Łukaszuk, Agnieszka Świdnicka-Siergiejko, Paweł Rogalski, Eugeniusz Wróblewski, Adrian Chabowski, Andrzej Dąbrowski, and Małgorzata Żendzian-Piotrowska, “Sphingolipid metabolism in colorectal adenomas varies depending on histological architecture of polyps and grade of nuclear dysplasia,” Lipids, 2015.
- Nabanita Chatterjee, Subhadip Das, Dipayan Bose, Somenath Banerjee, Tarun Jha, and Krishna Das Saha, “Leishmanial lipid affords protection against oxidative stress induced hepatic injury by regulating inflammatory mediators and confining apoptosis progress,” Toxicology Letters, vol. 232, no. 2, pp. 499–512, 2015.