- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 926094, 8 pages
Transforaminal Lumbar Interbody Fusion Using a Modified Distractor Handle: A Midterm Clinicoradiological Follow-Up Study
Department of Orthopedics, Zhongshan Hospital, Fudan University, 180 Fenglin Road, Shanghai 20032, China
Received 17 April 2013; Revised 30 June 2013; Accepted 1 August 2013
Academic Editor: Vijay K. Goel
Copyright © 2013 Abuduaini Rewuti et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- P. M. Arnold, S. Robbins, W. Paullus, S. Faust, R. Holt, and R. McGuire, “Clinical outcomes of lumbar degenerative disc disease treated with posterior lumbar interbody fusion allograft spacer: a prospective, multicenter trial with 2-year follow-up,” American Journal of Orthopedics, vol. 38, no. 7, pp. E115–E122, 2009.
- H. N. Herkowitz and K. S. Sidhu, “Lumbar spine fusion in the treatment of degenerative conditions: current indications and recommendations,” Journal of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, vol. 3, no. 3, pp. 123–135, 1995.
- S. D. Kuslich, G. Danielson, J. D. Dowdle et al., “Four-year follow-up results of lumbar spine arthrodesis using the Bagby and Kuslich lumbar fusion cage,” Spine, vol. 25, no. 20, pp. 2656–2662, 2000.
- A. Tsantrizos, H. G. Baramki, S. Zeidman, and T. Steffen, “Segmental stability and compressive strength of posterior lumbar interbody fusion implants,” Spine, vol. 25, no. 15, pp. 1899–1907, 2000.
- H. G. Blume, “Unilateral posterior lumbar interbody fusion: simplified dowel technique,” Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research, vol. 193, pp. 75–84, 1985.
- J. Harms and H. Rolinger, “A one-stage procedure in operative treatment of spondylolisthesis: dorsal traction-reposition and anterior fusion,” Zeitschrift fur Orthopadie und Ihre Grenzgebiete, vol. 120, no. 3, pp. 343–347, 1982.
- S. D. Jiang, J. W. Chen, and L. S. Jiang, “Which procedure is better for lumbar interbody fusion: anterior lumbar interbody fusion or transforaminal lumbar interbody fusion?” Archives of Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery, vol. 132, no. 9, pp. 1259–1266, 2012.
- C. D. Cole, T. D. McCall, M. H. Schmidt, and A. T. Dailey, “Comparison of low back fusion techniques: transforaminal lumbar interbody fusion (TLIF) or posterior lumbar interbody fusion (PLIF) approaches,” Current Reviews in Musculoskeletal Medicine, vol. 2, no. 2, pp. 118–126, 2009.
- H. B. Sim, J. A. Murovic, B. Y. Cho, T. J. Lim, and J. Park, “Biomechanical comparison of single-level posterior versus transforaminal lumbar interbody fusions with bilateral pedicle screw fixation: segmental stability and the effects on adjacent motion segments: laboratory investigation,” Journal of Neurosurgery, vol. 12, no. 6, pp. 700–708, 2010.
- Y. Aoki, M. Yamagata, Y. Ikeda et al., “A prospective randomized controlled study comparing transforaminal lumbar interbody fusion techniques for degenerative spondylolisthesis: unilateral pedicle screw and 1 cage versus bilateral pedicle screws and 2 cages,” Journal of Neurosurgery, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 153–159, 2012.
- D. G. Crandall and J. Revella, “Transforaminal lumbar interbody fusion versus anterior lumbar interbody fusion as an adjunct to posterior instrumented correction of degenerative lumbar scoliosis: three year clinical and radiographic outcomes,” Spine, vol. 34, no. 20, pp. 2126–2133, 2009.
- S. Fujibayashi, M. Neo, M. Takemoto, M. Ota, and T. Nakamura, “Paraspinal-approach transforaminal lumbar interbody fusion for the treatment of lumbar foraminal stenosis,” Journal of Neurosurgery, vol. 13, no. 4, pp. 500–508, 2010.
- Z. Chen, J. Zhao, A. Liu, J. Yuan, and Z. Li, “Surgical treatment of recurrent lumbar disc herniation by transforaminal lumbar interbody fusion,” International Orthopaedics, vol. 33, no. 1, pp. 197–201, 2009.
- J. Zhou, B. Wang, J. Dong et al., “Instrumented transforaminal lumbar interbody fusion with single cage for the treatment of degenerative lumbar disease,” Archives of Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery, vol. 131, no. 9, pp. 1239–1245, 2011.
- S. Lauber, T. L. Schulte, U. Liljenqvist, H. Halm, and L. Hackenberg, “Clinical and radiologic 2–4-year results of transforaminal lumbar interbody fusion in degenerative and isthmic spondylolisthesis grades 1 and 2,” Spine, vol. 31, no. 15, pp. 1693–1698, 2006.
- Y. Aoki, M. Yamagata, F. Nakajima et al., “Examining risk factors for posterior migration of fusion cages following transforaminal lumbar interbody fusion: a possible limitation of unilateral pedicle screw fixation,” Journal of Neurosurgery, vol. 13, no. 3, pp. 381–387, 2010.
- H. Xu, H. Tang, and Z. Li, “Surgical treatment of adult degenerative spondylolisthesis by instrumented transforaminal lumbar interbody fusion in the Han nationality,” Journal of Neurosurgery, vol. 10, no. 5, pp. 496–499, 2009.
- H. Xue, Y. Tu, and M. Cai, “Comparison of unilateral versus bilateral instrumented transforaminal lumbar interbody fusion in degenerative lumbar diseases,” Spine Journal, vol. 12, no. 3, pp. 209–215, 2012.
- K. H. Lee, W. M. Yue, W. Yeo, H. Soeharno, and S. B. Tan, “Clinical and radiological outcomes of open versus minimally invasive transforaminal lumbar interbody fusion,” European Spine Journal, vol. 21, no. 11, pp. 2265–2270, 2012.
- O. Adogwa, S. L. Parker, A. Bydon, J. Cheng, and M. J. McGirt, “Comparative effectiveness of minimally invasive versus open transforaminal lumbar interbody fusion: 2-year assessment of narcotic use, return to work, disability, and quality of life,” Journal of Spinal Disorders and Techniques, vol. 24, no. 8, pp. 479–484, 2011.
- M. J. Tormenti, M. B. Maserati, C. M. Bonfield et al., “Perioperative surgical complications of transforaminal lumbar interbody fusion: a single-center experience—clinical article,” Journal of Neurosurgery, vol. 16, no. 1, pp. 44–50, 2012.
- G. F. Gu, H. L. Zhang, S. S. He et al., “The clinical results of minimally invasive transforaminal lumbar interbody fusion for lumbar spinal stenosis with lumbar instability,” Zhonghua Wai Ke Za Zhi, vol. 49, no. 12, pp. 1081–1085, 2011.
- H. Xu, H. Tang, X. Guan et al., “Biomechanical Comparison of Posterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion and Transforaminal Lumbar Interbody Fusion by Finite Element Analysis,” Neurosurgery, vol. 72, no. 1, pp. 21–26, 2013.
- F. D. Zhao, W. Yang, Z. Shan et al., “Cage migration after transforaminal lumbar interbody fusion and factors related to it,” Orthopaedic Surgery, vol. 4, no. 4, pp. 227–232, 2012.
- P. V. Mummaneni, R. W. Haid, and G. E. Rodts, “Lumbar interbody fusion: state-of-the-art technical advances. Invited submission from the joint section meeting on disorders of the spine and peripheral nerves, March 2004,” Journal of Neurosurgery, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 24–30, 2004.
- C.-C. Niu, J.-C. Liao, W.-J. Chen, and L.-H. Chen, “Outcomes of interbody fusion cages used in 1 and 2-levels anterior cervical discectomy and fusion: titanium cages versus polyetheretherketone (PEEK) cages,” Journal of Spinal Disorders and Techniques, vol. 23, no. 5, pp. 310–316, 2010.
- T. U. Jiya, T. Smit, B. J. Van Royen, and M. Mullender, “Posterior lumbar interbody fusion using non resorbable poly-ether-ether- ketone versus resorbable poly-L-lactide-co-D, L-lactide fusion devices. Clinical outcome at a minimum of 2-year follow-up,” European Spine Journal, vol. 20, no. 4, pp. 618–622, 2011.
- J. W. Duncan and R. A. Bailey, “An analysis of fusion cage migration in unilateral and bilateral fixation with transforaminal lumbar interbody fusion,” European Spine Journal, vol. 22, no. 2, pp. 439–445, 2013.
- A. J. Smith, M. Arginteanu, F. Moore, A. Steinberger, and M. Camins, “Increased incidence of cage migration and nonunion in instrumented transforaminal lumbar interbody fusion with bioabsorbable cages,” Journal of Neurosurgery, vol. 13, no. 3, pp. 388–393, 2010.