- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 926230, 6 pages
Detection of Mycobacterium tuberculosis by Using Loop-Mediated Isothermal Amplification Combined with a Lateral Flow Dipstick in Clinical Samples
1Innovative Learning Center, Srinakharinwirot University, Sukhumvit 23, Bangkok 10110, Thailand
2Centex Shrimp, Faculty of Science, Mahidol University, Bangkok 10400, Thailand
3National Center for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (BIOTEC), National Science and Technology Development Agency, Pathumthani 12120, Thailand
4Department of Pathology, Faculty of Medicine, Srinakharinwirot University, Sukhumvit 23, Bangkok 10110, Thailand
5Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Medicine, Srinakharinwirot University, Sukhumvit 23, Bangkok 10110, Thailand
Received 3 November 2012; Revised 2 February 2013; Accepted 5 February 2013
Academic Editor: Mina Hur
Copyright © 2013 Thongchai Kaewphinit et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- WHO, “Global Tuberculosis Report,” 2012, http://www.who.int/tb/publications/global_report/gtbr12_main.pdf.
- A. Brisson-Noel, B. Gicquel, D. Lecossier, V. Levy-Frebault, X. Nassif, and A. J. Hance, “Rapid diagnosis of tuberculosis by amplification of mycobacterial DNA in clinical samples,” The Lancet, vol. 2, no. 8671, pp. 1069–1071, 1989.
- P. Khandekar, A. G. Amin, P. P. Reddi, J. N. Banwalikar, C. T. Shivannaure, and V. M. Katoch, “Evaluation of PCR based test for the detection of Mycobacterium tuberculosis in coded sputum specimens,” Indian Journal of Medical Research, vol. 100, pp. 167–171, 1994.
- V. Sritharan and R. H. Barker Jr., “A simple method for diagnosing M. tuberculosis infection in clinical samples using PCR,” Molecular and Cellular Probes, vol. 5, no. 5, pp. 385–395, 1991.
- T. Notomi, H. Okayama, H. Masubuchi et al., “Loop-mediated isothermal amplification of DNA,” Nucleic Acids Research, vol. 28, no. 12, article e63, 2000.
- Y. Mori, T. Hirano, and T. Notomi, “Sequence specific visual detection of LAMP reactions by addition og cationic polymers,” BMC Biotechnology, vol. 6, article 3, 2006.
- W. Kiatpathomchai, W. Jaroenram, N. Arunrut, S. Jitrapakdee, and T. W. Flegel, “Shrimp Taura syndrome virus detection by reverse transcription loop-mediated isothermal amplification combined with a lateral flow dipstick,” Journal of Virological Methods, vol. 153, no. 2, pp. 214–217, 2008.
- N. Arunrut, P. Prombun, V. Saksmerprome, T. W. Flegel, and W. Kiatpathomchai, “Rapid and sensitive detection of infectious hypodermal and hematopoietic necrosis virus by loop-mediated isothermal amplification combined with a lateral flow dipstick,” Journal of Virological Methods, vol. 171, no. 1, pp. 21–25, 2011.
- D. Rienthong, S. Rienthong, C. Boonin, S. Woraswad, and Y. Kasetjaroen, “Rapid detection for early appearance of rifampin and isoniazid resistance in Mycobacterium tuberculosis,” Siriraj Medical Journal, vol. 61, pp. 49–55, 2009.
- T. Kaewphinit, S. Santiwatanakul, C. Promptmas, and K. Chansiri, “Detection of non-amplified Mycobacterium tuberculosis genomic DNA using piezoelectric DNA-based biosensors,” Sensors, vol. 10, no. 3, pp. 1846–1858, 2010.
- T. Nimitphak, W. Meemetta, N. Arunrut, S. Senapin, and W. Kiatpathomchai, “Rapid and sensitive detection of Penaeus monodon nucleopolyhedrovirus (PemoNPV) by loop-mediated isothermal amplification combined with a lateral-flow dipstick,” Molecular and Cellular Probes, vol. 24, no. 1, pp. 1–5, 2010.
- R. Y. Zhu, K. X. Zhang, M. Q. Zhao et al., “Use of visual loop-mediated isotheral amplification of rimM sequence for rapid detection of Mycobacterium tuberculosis and Mycobacterium bovis,” Journal of Microbiological Methods, vol. 78, pp. 339–343, 2009.
- M. F. Lee, Y. H. Chen, and C. F. Peng, “Evaluation of reverse transcription loop-mediated isothermal amplification in conjunction with ELISA-hybridization assay for molecular detection of Mycobacterium tuberculosis,” Journal of Microbiological Methods, vol. 76, no. 2, pp. 174–180, 2009.
- E. Aryan, M. Makvandi, A. Farajzadeh et al., “A novel and more sensitive loop-mediated isothermal amplification assay targeting IS6110 for detection of Mycobacterium tuberculosis complex,” Microbiological Research, vol. 165, no. 3, pp. 211–220, 2010.