- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 943687, 11 pages
Evaluation of Adverse Effects of Mutein Forms of Recombinant Human Interferon Alpha-2b in Female Swiss Webster Mice
1Research group of Pharmaceutics, School of Pharmacy, Bandung Institute of Technology, Ganesha 10, Bandung 40132, Indonesia
2Research group of Pharmacology and Clinical Pharmacy, School of Pharmacy, Bandung Institute of Technology, Bandung 40132, Indonesia
Received 3 December 2012; Accepted 30 March 2013
Academic Editor: Ayman El-Kadi
Copyright © 2013 H. Rachmawati et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- C. W. Shepard, L. Finelli, and M. J. Alter, “Global epidemiology of hepatitis C virus infection,” Lancet Infectious Diseases, vol. 5, no. 9, pp. 558–567, 2005.
- T. Utsumi, Y. Yano, M. I. Lusida et al., “Serologic and molecular characteristics of hepatitis B virus among school children in East Java, Indonesia,” American Journal of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene, vol. 83, no. 1, pp. 189–193, 2010.
- H. B. El-Serag, “Epidemiology of hepatocellular carcinoma,” Clinics in Liver Disease, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 87–107, 2001.
- V. Fensterl and G. C. Sen, “Interferons and viral infections,” BioFactors, vol. 35, no. 1, pp. 14–20, 2009.
- B. Gao, F. Hong, and S. Radaeva, “Host factors and failure of interferon-α treatment in Hepatitis C virus,” Hepatology, vol. 39, no. 4, pp. 880–890, 2004.
- P. J. Gow and D. Mutimer, “Treatment of chronic hepatitis,” British Medical Journal, vol. 323, pp. 1164–1167, 2001.
- E. Jonasch and F. G. Haluska, “Interferon in oncological practice: review of interferon biology, clinical applications, and toxicities,” Oncologist, vol. 6, no. 1, pp. 34–55, 2001.
- N. Ceaglio, M. Etcheverrigaray, R. Kratje, and M. Oggero, “Novel long-lasting interferon alpha derivatives designed by glycoengineering,” Biochimie, vol. 90, no. 3, pp. 437–449, 2008.
- R. Radhakrishnan, L. J. Walter, A. Hruza et al., “Zinc mediated dimer of human interferon-α(2b) revealed by X-ray crystallography,” Structure, vol. 4, no. 12, pp. 1453–1463, 1996.
- C. Weissmann and H. Weber, “The interferon genes,” Progress in Nucleic Acid Research & Molecular Biology, vol. 33, pp. 251–300, 1986.
- F. O. Neves, P. L. Ho, I. Raw, C. A. Pereira, C. Moreira, and A. L. T. O. Nascimento, “Overexpression of a synthetic gene encoding human alpha interferon in Escherichia coli,” Protein Expression and Purification, vol. 35, no. 2, pp. 353–359, 2004.
- D. S. Retnoningrum, R. A. Ningrum, Y. N. Kurniawan, A. Indrayati, and H. Rachmawati, “Construction of synthetic open reading frame encoding human interferon alpha 2b for high expression in Escherichia coli and characterization of its gene product,” Journal of Biotechnology, vol. 145, no. 2, pp. 193–198, 2010.
- R. A. Ningrum, D. S. Retnoningrum, Y. Cahyati, and H. Rachmawati, “Optimization of human interferon α2b soluble protein overproduction and primary recovery of its inclusion bodies,” Microbiology Indonesia, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 27–32, 2011.
- R. A. Ningrum, D. E. Rahmatika, D. S. Retnoningrum, A. H. Wangsaatmadja, Y. C. Sumitrapura, and H. Rachmawati, “Development of novel interferon alpha 2b muteins and study the pharmacokinetic and biodistribution profiles in animal model,” Journal of Biomedical Science and Engineering, vol. 5, pp. 104–112, 2012.
- J. Meng, Z. Yan, Y. Wu et al., “Preclinical safety evaluation of IFNα2a-NGR,” Regulatory Toxicology and Pharmacology, vol. 50, no. 3, pp. 294–302, 2008.
- X. Hu, K. Olivier, E. Polack et al., “In vivo pharmacology and toxicology evaluation of polyethylene glycol-conjugated interferon beta-1a,” Journal of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, vol. 338, no. 3, pp. 984–996, 2011.
- J. Fioravanti, I. González, J. Medina-Echeverz et al., “Anchoring interferon alpha to apolipoprotein A-I reduces hematological toxicity while enhancing immunostimulatory properties,” Hepatology, vol. 53, no. 6, pp. 1864–1873, 2011.