- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 956878, 9 pages
Plasma Levels of Soluble HLA-E and HLA-F at Diagnosis May Predict Overall Survival of Neuroblastoma Patients
1Laboratorio di Oncologia, Istituto Giannina Gaslini, Via G. Gaslini 5, 16148 Genova, Italy
2Laboratorio di Analisi, Istituto Giannina Gaslini, Via G. Gaslini 5, 16148 Genova, Italy
3Oncologia Clinica, Istituto Giannina Gaslini, Via G. Gaslini 5, 16148 Genova, Italy
4Oncoematologia, Ospedale Pausillipon, Via Mario Fiore 6, 80123 Napoli, Italy
5Epidemiologia, Biostatistica e Comitati, Istituto Giannina Gaslini, Via G. Gaslini 5, 16148 Genova, Italy
Received 29 July 2013; Accepted 24 September 2013
Academic Editor: Maria Lina Tornesello
Copyright © 2013 Fabio Morandi et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. M. Maris, “Recent advances in neuroblastoma,” The New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 362, no. 23, pp. 2154–2211, 2010.
- S. L. Cohn, A. D. J. Pearson, W. B. London et al., “The International Neuroblastoma Risk Group (INRG) classification system: an INRG task force report,” Journal of Clinical Oncology, vol. 27, no. 2, pp. 289–297, 2009.
- T. Monclair, G. M. Brodeur, P. F. Ambros et al., “The International Neuroblastoma Risk Group (INRG) staging system: an INRG Task Force report,” Journal of Clinical Oncology, vol. 27, no. 2, pp. 298–303, 2009.
- F. Morandi, I. Levreri, P. Bocca et al., “Human neuroblastoma cells trigger an immunosuppressive program in monocytes by stimulating soluble HLA-G release,” Cancer Research, vol. 67, no. 13, pp. 6433–6441, 2007.
- F. Morandi, M. V. Corrias, I. Levreri et al., “Serum levels of cytoplasmic melanoma-associated antigen at diagnosis may predict clinical relapse in neuroblastoma patients,” Cancer Immunology, Immunotherapy, vol. 60, no. 10, pp. 1485–1495, 2011.
- D. Granchi, M. V. Corrias, A. Garaventa et al., “Neuroblastoma and bone metastases: clinical significance and prognostic value of Dickkopf 1 plasma levels,” Bone, vol. 48, no. 1, pp. 152–159, 2011.
- G. Cangemi, G. Reggiardo, S. Barco, et al., “Prognostic value of ferritin, neuron-specific enolase, lactate dehydrogenase, and urinary and plasmatic catecholamine metabolites in children with neuroblastoma,” OncoTargets and Therapy, vol. 5, pp. 417–423, 2012.
- A. Gregorio, M. V. Corrias, R. Castriconi et al., “Small round blue cell tumours: diagnostic and prognostic usefulness of the expression of B7-H3 surface molecule,” Histopathology, vol. 53, no. 1, pp. 73–80, 2008.
- F. Morandi, P. Scaruffi, F. Gallo et al., “Bone marrow-infiltrating human neuroblastoma cells express high levels of calprotectin and HLA-g proteins,” PLoS ONE, vol. 7, no. 1, Article ID e29922, 2012.
- S. Singh and C. Law, “Chromogranin A: a sensitive biomarker for the detection and post-treatment monitoring of gastroenteropancreatic neuroendocrine tumors,” Expert Review of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, vol. 6, no. 3, pp. 313–334, 2012.
- R. J. Hsiao, R. C. Seeger, A. L. Yu, and D. T. O'Connor, “Chromogranin A in children with neuroblastoma. Serum concentration parallels disease stage and predicts survival,” Journal of Clinical Investigation, vol. 85, no. 5, pp. 1555–1559, 1990.
- G. M. Brodeur, J. Pritchard, F. Berthold et al., “Revisions of the international criteria for neuroblastoma diagnosis, staging, and response to treatment,” Journal of Clinical Oncology, vol. 11, no. 8, pp. 1466–1477, 1993.
- R. Haupt, A. Garaventa, C. Gambini et al., “Improved survival of children with neuroblastoma between 1979 and 2005: a report of the Italian neuroblastoma registry,” Journal of Clinical Oncology, vol. 28, no. 14, pp. 2331–2338, 2010.
- A. Canete, M. Gerrard, H. Rubie et al., “Poor survival for infants with MYCN-amprified metastatic neuroblastoma despite intensified treatment: the international society of paediatric oncology european neuroblastoma experience,” Journal of Clinical Oncology, vol. 27, no. 7, pp. 1014–1019, 2009.
- B. De Bernardi, M. Gerrard, L. Boni et al., “Excellent outcome with reduced treatment for infants with disseminated neuroblastoma without MYCN gene amplification,” Journal of Clinical Oncology, vol. 27, no. 7, pp. 1034–1040, 2009.
- B. De Bernardi, V. Mosseri, H. Rubie et al., “Treatment of localised resectable neuroblastoma. Results of the LNESG1 study by the SIOP Europe Neuroblastoma Group,” British Journal of Cancer, vol. 99, no. 7, pp. 1027–1033, 2008.
- R. Ladenstein, D. Valteau-Couanet, P. Brock et al., “Randomized trial of prophylactic granulocyte colony-stimulating factor during rapid COJEC induction in pediatric patients with high-risk neuroblastoma: the European HR-NBL1/SIOPEN study,” Journal of Clinical Oncology, vol. 28, no. 21, pp. 3516–3524, 2010.
- F. Morandi, C. Venturi, R. Rizzo, et al., “Intrathecal soluble HLA-E correlates with disease activity in patients with multiple sclerosis and may cooperate with soluble HLA-G in the resolution of neuroinflammation,” Journal of NeuroImmune Pharmacology, vol. 8, no. 4, pp. 944–955, 2013.
- S. Coupel, A. Moreau, M. Hamidou, V. Horejsi, J.-P. Soulillou, and B. Charreau, “Expression and release of soluble HLA-E is an immunoregulatory feature of endothelial cell activation,” Blood, vol. 109, no. 7, pp. 2806–2814, 2007.
- I. Prigione, F. Penco, A. Martini, M. Gattorno, V. Pistoia, and F. Morandi, “HLA-G and HLA-E in patients with juvenile idiopathic arthritis,” Rheumatology, vol. 50, no. 5, pp. 966–972, 2011.
- M. Allard, R. Oger, V. Vignard et al., “Serum soluble HLA-E in Melanoma: a new potential immune-related marker in cancer,” PLoS ONE, vol. 6, no. 6, Article ID e21118, 2011.
- M. Gowda, K. Godder, M. Kmieciak et al., “Distinct signatures of the immune responses in low risk versus high risk neuroblastoma,” Journal of Translational Medicine, vol. 9, no. 1, article 170, 2011.
- N. Lee, A. Ishitani, and D. E. Geraghty, “HLA-F is a surface marker on activated lymphocytes,” European Journal of Immunology, vol. 40, no. 8, pp. 2308–2318, 2010.
- Y. Dong, J. Lieskovska, D. Kedrin, S. Porcelli, O. Mandelboim, and Y. Bushkin, “Soluble nonclassical HLA generated by the metalloproteinase pathway,” Human Immunology, vol. 64, no. 8, pp. 802–810, 2003.
- S. Elias, C. Delestre, M. Courel, Y. Anouar, and M. Montero-Hadjadje, “Chromogranin A as a crucial factor in the sorting of peptide hormones to secretory granules,” Cellular and Molecular Neurobiology, vol. 30, no. 8, pp. 1189–1195, 2010.
- J. Roth, T. Vogl, C. Sorg, and C. Sunderkötter, “Phagocyte-specific S100 proteins: a novel group of proinflammatory molecules,” Trends in Immunology, vol. 24, no. 4, pp. 155–158, 2003.
- R. Castriconi, A. Dondero, R. Augugliaro et al., “Identification of 4Ig-B7-H3 as a neuroblastoma-associated molecule that exerts a protective role from an NK cell-mediated lysis,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, vol. 101, no. 34, pp. 12640–12645, 2004.