- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 957027, 7 pages
Pregnancy after Acute Coronary Syndrome: A Proposal for Patients’ Management and a Literature Review
1Intensive Cardiac Care Unit, Świętokrzyskie Cardiology Center, 25-736 Kielce, Poland
2Cardiac Catheterisation Laboratory, Świętokrzyskie Cardiology Center, 25-736 Kielce, Poland
32nd Departament of Cardiology, Świętokrzyskie Cardiology Center, 25-736 Kielce, Poland
4Faculty of Health Science, The Jan Kochanowski University, 25-369 Kielce, Poland
Received 16 April 2013; Accepted 26 May 2013
Academic Editor: Theodoros D. Karamitsos
Copyright © 2013 Agnieszka Janion-Sadowska et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Y. Frenkel, G. Barkai, L. Reisin, S. Rath, S. Mashiach, and A. Battler, “Pregnancy after myocardial infarction: are we playing safe?” Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol. 77, no. 6, pp. 822–825, 1991.
- V. Regitz-Zagrosek, C. Blomstrom Lundqvist, C. Borghi et al., “ESC Guidelines on the management of cardiovascular diseases during pregnancy: the Task Force on the Management of Cardiovascular Diseases during Pregnancy of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC),” European Heart Journal, vol. 32, pp. 3147–3197, 2011.
- A. Polewczyk, J. Sielski, A. Janion-Sadowska, E. Pietrzyk, and M. Janion, “Acute myocardial infarction—multivessel coronary artery disease in a 37-year-old postpartum women,” Kardiologia Polska, vol. 67, no. 12, pp. 1381–1384, 2009.
- M. Janion, “Long-term follow-up of a 35-year-old woman after myocardial infarction during pregnancy complicated by a pulmonary oedema—case report,” Kardiologia Polska, vol. 65, no. 4, pp. 430–432, 2007.
- M. Janion, J. Sielski, and A. Janion-Sadowska, “Myocardial infarction in pregnant women—case reports,” International Journal of Cardiology, vol. 121, no. 2, pp. 207–209, 2007.
- M. Janion and A. Janion-Sadowska, “Zawał serca u kobiet w ciąży,” Przewodnik Lekarza, vol. 13, pp. 105–111, 2010.
- A. Roth and U. Elkayam, “Acute myocardial infarction associated with pregnancy,” Journal of the American College of Cardiology, vol. 52, no. 3, pp. 171–180, 2008.
- A. H. James, M. G. Jamison, M. S. Biswas, L. R. Brancazio, G. K. Swamy, and E. R. Myers, “Acute myocardial infarction in pregnancy: a United States population-based study,” Circulation, vol. 113, no. 12, pp. 1564–1571, 2006.
- H. E. Ladner, B. Danielsen, and W. M. Gilbert, “Acute myocardial infarction in pregnancy and the puerperium: a population-based study,” Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol. 105, no. 3, pp. 480–484, 2005.
- A. Iadanza, A. Del Pasqua, R. Barbati et al., “Acute ST elevation myocardial infarction in pregnancy due to coronary vasospasm: a case report and review of literature,” International Journal of Cardiology, vol. 115, no. 1, pp. 81–85, 2007.
- M. Eom, J.-H. Lee, J.-H. Chung, and H. Lee, “An autopsy case of postpartum acute myocardial infarction associated with postpartum ergot alkaloids administration in old-aged pregnant women,” Yonsei Medical Journal, vol. 46, no. 6, pp. 866–869, 2005.
- P. I. Wang, S. T. Chong, A. Z. Kielar et al., “Imaging of pregnant and lactating patients: part 2, evidence-based review and recommendations,” American Journal of Roentgenology, vol. 198, no. 4, pp. 785–792, 2012.
- J. F. Bithell and A. M. Stewart, “Pre natal irradiation and childhood malignancy: a review of British data from the Oxford Survey,” British Journal of Cancer, vol. 31, no. 3, pp. 271–287, 1975.
- M. A. Mendelson, “Cardiac disease and cardiac surgery in pregnancy,” in Women and Heart Disease, N. K. Wenger and P. Collins, Eds., pp. 303–319, Tailor and Francis, London, UK, 2005.
- M. de Santis, C. de Luca, I. Mappa et al., “Clopidogrel treatment during pregnancy: a case report and a review of literature,” Internal Medicine, vol. 50, no. 16, pp. 1769–1773, 2011.
- T. D. Fraker Jr., S. D. Fihn, R. J. Gibbons et al., “2007 chronic angina focused update of the ACC/AHA, 2002 Guidelines for the management of patients with chronic stable angina: a report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Task Force on Practice Guidelines Writing Group to develop the focused update of the 2002 Guidelines for the management of patients with chronic stable angina,” Circulation, vol. 50, no. 23, pp. 2762–2772, 2007.
- E. Oken, A. L. Choi, M. R. Karagas et al., “Which fish should I eat? Perspectives influencing fish consumption choices,” Environ Health Perspect, vol. 120, pp. 790–798, 2012.
- “Proposed rules,” Federal Register, vol. 73, 30831–30868, 2008, http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/FR-2008-05-29/pdf/E8-11806.pdf.
- P. Shah, V. Dzavik, R. J. Cusimano, M. Sermer, N. Okun, and J. Ross, “Spontaneous dissection of the left main coronary artery,” Canadian Journal of Cardiology, vol. 20, no. 8, pp. 815–818, 2004.
- P. Santiago-Díaz, A. L. Arrebola-Moreno, J. A. Ramírez-Hernández, and R. Melgares-Moreno, “Platelet antiaggregants in pregnancy,” Revista Española de Cardiología, vol. 62, pp. 1197–1198, 2009.
- M. K. Ito, M. P. McGowan, and P. M. Moriarty, “Management of familial hypercholesterolemias in adult patients: recommendations from the National Lipid Association Expert Panel on Familial Hypercholesterolemia,” Journal of Clinical Lipidology, vol. 5, no. 3, supplement, pp. S38–S45, 2011.
- B. Ofori, E. Rey, and A. Bérard, “Risk of congenital anomalies in pregnant users of statin drugs,” British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology, vol. 64, no. 4, pp. 496–509, 2007.
- E. Lecarpentier, O. Morel, T. Fournier, E. Elefant, P. Chavatte-Palmer, and V. Tsatsaris, “Statins and pregnancy: between supposed risks and theoretical benefits,” Drugs, vol. 72, no. 6, pp. 773–788, 2012.
- D. M. Kusters, S. J. M. Homsma, B. A. Hutten et al., “Dilemmas in treatment of women with familial hypercholesterolaemia during pregnancy,” Netherlands Journal of Medicine, vol. 68, no. 7-8, pp. 299–303, 2010.
- D. M. Kusters, H. H. Lahsinoui, J. A. M. Van de Post et al., “Statin use during pregnancy: a systematic review and meta-analysis,” Expert Review of Cardiovascular Therapy, vol. 10, no. 3, pp. 363–378, 2012.
- A. D. Kane, E. A. Herrera, J. A. Hansell, and D. A. Giussani, “Statin treatment depresses the fetal defence to acute hypoxia via increasing nitric oxide bioavailability,” Journal of Physiology, vol. 590, no. 2, pp. 323–334, 2012.
- D.-K. Li, C. Yang, S. Andrade, V. Tavares, and J. R. Ferber, “Maternal exposure to angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitors in the first trimester and risk of malformations in offspring: a retrospective cohort study,” British Medical Journal, vol. 343, article d5931, 2011.
- W. O. Cooper, S. Hernandez-Diaz, P. G. Arbogast et al., “Major congenital malformations after first-trimester exposure to ACE inhibitors,” The New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 354, no. 23, pp. 2443–2451, 2006.
- M. E. Moretti, D. Caprara, I. Drehuta et al., “The fetal safety of angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitors and angiotensin II receptor blockers,” Obstetrics and Gynecology International, vol. 2012, Article ID 658310, 6 pages, 2012.
- S. M. Bates, I. A. Greer, I. Pabinger, S. Sofaer, and J. Hirsh, “Venous thromboembolism, thrombophilia, antithrombotic therapy, and pregnancy: American College of Chest Physicians evidence-based clinical practice guidelines (8th edition),” Chest, vol. 133, no. 6, pp. S844–S886, 2008.
- J. M. Roberts and J. M. Catov, “Pregnancy is a screening test for later life cardiovascular disease: now what? research recommendations,” Women's Health Issues, vol. 22, no. 2, pp. e123–e128, 2012.
- L. Mosca, E. J. Benjamin, K. Berra et al., “Effectiveness-based guidelines for the prevention of cardiovascular disease in women: 2011 update: a guideline from the American Heart Association,” Journal of the American College of Cardiology, vol. 57, no. 12, pp. 1404–1423, 2011.