- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 960101, 6 pages
The Predictive Value of Adrenomedullin for Development of Severe Sepsis and Septic Shock in Emergency Department
Emergency Department of Beijing Chao-Yang Hospital, Affiliated to Capital Medical University, Chaoyang District, Beijing 100020, China
Received 7 April 2013; Accepted 9 July 2013
Academic Editor: Fausto Catena
Copyright © 2013 Yun-Xia Chen and Chun-Sheng Li. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J.-L. Vincent, Y. Sakr, C. L. Sprung et al., “Sepsis in European intensive care units: results of the SOAP study,” Critical Care Medicine, vol. 34, no. 2, pp. 344–353, 2006.
- K. Kitamura, K. Kangawa, M. Kawamoto et al., “Adrenomedullin: a novel hypotensive peptide isolated from human pheochromocytoma,” Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications, vol. 192, no. 2, pp. 553–560, 1993.
- D. C. Bunton, M. C. Petrie, C. Hillier, F. Johnston, and J. J. V. McMurray, “The clinical relevance of adrenomedullin: a promising profile?” Pharmacology and Therapeutics, vol. 103, no. 3, pp. 179–201, 2004.
- S. Ueda, K. Nishio, N. Minamino et al., “Increased plasma levels of adrenomedullin in patients with systemic inflammatory response syndrome,” American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine, vol. 160, no. 1, pp. 132–136, 1999.
- Y. Hirata, C. Mitaka, K. Sato et al., “Increased circulating adrenomedullin, a novel vasodilatory peptide, in sepsis,” Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism, vol. 81, no. 4, pp. 1449–1453, 1996.
- K. Nishio, Y. Akai, Y. Murao et al., “Increased plasma concentrations of adrenomedullin correlate with relaxation of vascular tone in patients with septic shock,” Critical Care Medicine, vol. 25, no. 6, pp. 953–957, 1997.
- N. Nagata, J. Kato, K. Kitamura et al., “Increased adrenomedullin concentration in cerebrospinal fluid in patients with septic shock,” Journal of Medicine, vol. 34, no. 1–6, pp. 59–66, 2003.
- M. M. Levy, M. P. Fink, J. C. Marshall et al., “2001 SCCM/ESICM/ACCP/ATS/SIS International Sepsis Definitions Conference,” Intensive Care Medicine, vol. 29, no. 4, pp. 530–538, 2003.
- M. Christ-Crain, N. G. Morgenthaler, J. Struck, S. Harbarth, A. Bergmann, and B. Müller, “Mid-regional pro-adrenomedullin as a prognostic marker in sepsis: an observational study,” Critical Care, vol. 9, no. 6, pp. R816–824, 2005.
- P. Schuetz, M. Christ-Crain, N. G. Morgenthaler, J. Struck, A. Bergmann, and B. Müller, “Circulating precursor levels of endothelin-1 and adrenomedullin, two endothelium-derived, counteracting substances, in sepsis,” Endothelium, vol. 14, no. 6, pp. 345–351, 2007.
- B. Suberviola, Á. Castellanos-Ortega, J. Llorca, F. Ortiz, D. Iglesias, and B. Prieto, “Prognostic value of proadrenomedullin in severe sepsis and septic shock patients with community-acquired pneumonia,” Swiss Medical Weekly, vol. 142, Article ID w13542, 2012.
- R.-L. Wang and F.-X. Kang, “Prediction about severity and outcome of sepsis by proatrial natriuretic peptide and pro-adrenomedullin,” Chinese Journal of Traumatology, vol. 13, no. 3, pp. 152–157, 2010.
- R. Pezzilli, A. Barassi, A. Pigna et al., “Time course of proadrenomedullin in the early phase of septic shock. A comparative study with other proinflammatory proteins,” Panminerva Medica, vol. 54, no. 3, pp. 211–217, 2012.
- P. Wang, M. Zhou, Z. F. Ba, W. G. Cioffi, and I. H. Chaudry, “Up-regulation of a novel potent vasodilatory peptide adrenomedullin during polymicrobial sepsis,” Shock, vol. 10, no. 2, pp. 118–122, 1998.
- E. Matsui, K. Kitamura, M. Yoshida et al., “Biosynthesis and secretion of adrenomedullin and proadrenomedullin N-terminal 20 peptide in a rat model of endotoxin shock,” Hypertension Research, vol. 24, no. 5, pp. 543–549, 2001.
- J. Bełtowski and A. Jamroz, “Adrenomedullin—what do we know 10 years since its discovery?” Polish Journal of Pharmacology, vol. 56, no. 1, pp. 5–27, 2004.