- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 963457, 8 pages
Revealing the Mechanism of In Vitro Wound Healing Properties of Citrus tamurana Extract
1Department of Applied Physiology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Miyazaki, Miyazaki 889-1692, Japan
2Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Miyazaki, Miyazaki 889-1692, Japan
Received 9 October 2012; Revised 26 February 2013; Accepted 28 March 2013
Academic Editor: Jorge Berlanga Acosta
Copyright © 2013 Madhyastha Harishkumar et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. J. Ridley, M. A. Schwartz, K. Burridge et al., “Cell migration: integrating signals from front to back,” Science, vol. 302, no. 5651, pp. 1704–1709, 2003.
- C. D. Nobes and A. Hall, “Rho GTPases control polarity, protrusion, and adhesion during cell movement,” Journal of Cell Biology, vol. 144, no. 6, pp. 1235–1244, 1999.
- B. Novk, P. K. Vinod, P. Freire, and O. Kapuy, “Systems-level feedback in cell-cycle control,” Biochemical Society Transactions, vol. 38, no. 5, pp. 1242–1246, 2010.
- K. M. D'Souza, R. Malhotra, J. L. Philip et al., “G protein-coupled receptor kinase-2 is a novel regulator of collagen synthesis in adult human cardiac fibroblasts,” Journal of Biological Chemistry, vol. 286, no. 17, pp. 15507–15516, 2011.
- K. I. Fujita, M. Hidaka, N. Takamura et al., “Inhibitory effects of citrus fruits on cytochrome P450 3A (CYP3A) activity in humans,” Biological and Pharmaceutical Bulletin, vol. 26, no. 9, pp. 1371–1373, 2003.
- S. Hosoi, E. Shimizu, N. Usami et al., “Isolation of cytochrome P450 3A (CYP3A) inhibitors from Hyuganatsu, Citrus tamurana Hort,” Journal of Natural Medicines, vol. 60, no. 3, pp. 240–242, 2006.
- Y. Maeda, M. Yamamoto, T. Masui et al., “Hyaluronidase inhibitor in the fruit of Citrus reticulata Blanco,” Eisei Kagaku, vol. 37, no. 3, pp. 205–210, 1991 (Japanese).
- M. Yamaguchi, H. Sameshima, T. Ikenoue, M. Tsuboi, M. Hidaka, and K. Arimori, “Hyuganatsu orange (Citrus tamurana Hort. Ex Tanaka) contains a water soluble substance that suppresses bone loss in ovariectomized rats,” Bioscience, Biotechnology, and Biochemistry, vol. 76, no. 2, pp. 364–367, 2012.
- T. Mosmann, “Rapid colorimetric assay for cellular growth and survival: application to proliferation and cytotoxicity assays,” Journal of Immunological Methods, vol. 65, no. 1-2, pp. 55–63, 1983.
- C. C. Liang, A. Y. Park, and J. L. Guan, “In vitro scratch assay: a convenient and inexpensive method for analysis of cell migration in vitro,” Nature Protocols, vol. 2, no. 2, pp. 329–333, 2007.
- S. M. San Miguel, L. A. Opperman, E. P. Allen, J. Zielinski, and K. K. H. Svoboda, “Bioactive antioxidant mixtures promote proliferation and migration on human oral fibroblasts,” Archives of Oral Biology, vol. 56, no. 8, pp. 812–822, 2011.
- C. Fiorito, M. Rienzo, E. Crimi et al., “Antioxidants increase number of progenitor endothelial cells through multiple gene expression pathways,” Free Radical Research, vol. 42, no. 8, pp. 754–762, 2008.
- N. Foyouzi, M. Berkkanoglu, A. Arici, J. Kwintkiewicz, D. Izquierdo, and A. J. Duleba, “Effects of oxidants and antioxidants on proliferation of endometrial stromal cells,” Fertility and Sterility, vol. 82, supplement 3, pp. 1019–1022, 2004.
- M. Almonacid and A. Paoletti, “Mechanisms controlling division-plane positioning,” Seminars in Cell and Developmental Biology, vol. 21, no. 9, pp. 874–880, 2010.
- M. Savio, T. Coppa, L. Bianchi et al., “The resveratrol analogue 4,4′-dihydroxy-trans-stilbene inhibits cell proliferation with higher efficiency but different mechanism from resveratrol,” International Journal of Biochemistry and Cell Biology, vol. 41, no. 12, pp. 2493–2502, 2009.
- H. Madhyastha, R. Madhyastha, Y. Nakajima, S. Omura, and M. Maruyama, “Regulation of growth factors-associated cell migration by C-phycocyanin scaffold in dermal wound healing,” Clinical and Experimental Pharmacology and Physiology, vol. 39, no. 1, pp. 13–19, 2012.
- H. Yoshizaki, Y. Ohba, M. C. Parrini et al., “Cell type-specific regulation of RhoA activity during cytokinesis,” Journal of Biological Chemistry, vol. 279, no. 43, pp. 44756–44762, 2004.
- A. Peng, T. M. Yamamoto, M. L. Goldberg, and J. L. Maller, “A novel role for greatwall kinase in recovery from DNA damage,” Cell Cycle, vol. 9, no. 21, pp. 4364–4369, 2010.
- K. Ikezawa, M. Ohtsubo, T. H. Norwood, and A. S. Narayanan, “Role of cyclin E and cyclin E-dependent kinase in mitogenic stimulation by cementum-derived growth factor in human fibroblasts,” The FASEB Journal, vol. 12, no. 12, pp. 1233–1239, 1998.