- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 963525, 10 pages
Waterlogging Tolerance of Crops: Breeding, Mechanism of Tolerance, Molecular Approaches, and Future Prospects
1Department of Crop Science, Faculty of Agriculture, Universiti Putra Malaysia, 43400 Serdang, Selangor, Malaysia
2Institute of Tropical Agriculture, Universiti Putra Malaysia, 43400 Serdang, Selangor, Malaysia
3Bioscience and Agrotechnology Division, Malaysian Nuclear Agency, Bangi, 43000 Kajang, Selangor, Malaysia
4Rice and Industrial Crop Research Centre, Malaysian Agriculture Research and Development Institute (MARDI), Locked Bag No 203, Kepala Batas Post Office, 13200 Seberang Perai, Pulau Pinang, Malaysia
5Plant Pathology Division, Bangladesh Rice Research Institute (BRRI), Gazipur, Dhaka, Bangladesh
Received 20 October 2012; Accepted 14 November 2012
Academic Editor: Andrei Surguchov
Copyright © 2013 F. Ahmed et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [19 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Nils-Ove Bertholdsson, “Screening for Barley Waterlogging Tolerance in Nordic Barley Cultivars (Hordeum vulgare L.) Using Chlorophyll Fluorescence on Hydroponically-Grown Plants,” Agronomy, vol. 3, no. 2, pp. 376–390, 2013.
- Bala Anı Akpınar, Stuart J. Lucas, and Hikmet Budak, “Genomics Approaches for Crop Improvement against Abiotic Stress,” The Scientific World Journal, vol. 2013, pp. 1–9, 2013.
- Inge Verstraeten, SÃ©bastien Schotte, and Danny Geelen, “Hypocotyl adventitious root organogenesis differs from lateral root development,” Frontiers in Plant Science, vol. 5, 2014.
- Claudia-Nicole Meisrimler, Friedrich Buck, and Sabine Lüthje, “Alterations in Soluble Class III Peroxidases of Maize Shoots by Flooding Stress,” Proteomes, vol. 2, no. 3, pp. 303–322, 2014.
- Guoyong Ding, Lu Gao, Xuewen Li, Maigeng Zhou, Qiyong Liu, Hongyan Ren, and Baofa Jiang, “A Mixed Method to Evaluate Burden of Malaria Due to Flooding and Waterlogging in Mengcheng County, China: A Case Study,” Plos One, vol. 9, no. 5, 2014.
- M. Y. Liu, J. Sun, K. Y. Wang, D. Liu, Z. Y. Li, and J. Zhang, “ Spermidine Enhances Waterlogging Tolerance via Regulation of Antioxidant Defence, Heat Shock Protein Expression and Plasma Membrane H + -ATPase Activity in Zea mays ,” Journal of Agronomy and Crop Science, 2014.
- Xiling Zou, Chengwei Hu, Liu Zeng, Yong Cheng, Mingyue Xu, and Xuekun Zhang, “A Comparison of Screening Methods to Identify Waterlogging Tolerance in the Field in Brassica napus L. during Plant Ontogeny,” Plos One, vol. 9, no. 3, 2014.
- Yoon-Ha Kim, Sun-Joo Hwang, Muhammad Waqas, Abdul L. Khan, Joon-Hee Lee, Jeong-Dong Lee, Henry T. Nguyen, and In-Jung Lee, “Comparative analysis of endogenous hormones level in two soybean (Glycine max L.) lines differing in waterlogging tolerance,” Frontiers in Plant Science, vol. 6, 2015.
- Fahim Ahmed, Mohd Y. Rafii, Mohd Razi Ismail, Abdul Shukor Juraimi, Harun Abdul Rahim, Fatah Abro Tanweer, and Mohammad Abdul Latif, “Recurrent parent genome recovery in different populations with the introgression of Sub1 gene from a cross between MR219 and Swarna-Sub1,” Euphytica, 2015.
- Yanjun Zhang, Xuezhen Song, Guozheng Yang, Zhenhuai Li, Hequan Lu, Xiangqiang Kong, A. Egrinya Eneji, and Hezhong Dong, “Physiological and molecular adjustment of cotton to waterlogging at peak-flowering in relation to growth and yield,” Field Crops Research, vol. 179, pp. 164–172, 2015.
- Cigdem Aydogan, and Ece Turhan, “Changes in morphological and physiological traits and stress-related enzyme activities of green bean (Phaseolus vulgaris L.) genotypes in response to ,” Horticulture Environment And Biotechnology, vol. 56, no. 3, pp. 391–401, 2015.
- N-O Bertholdsson, A. Holefors, M. Macaulay, and L. A. Crespo-Herrera, “QTL for chlorophyll fluorescence of barley plants grown at low oxygen concentration in hydroponics to simulate waterlogging,” Euphytica, vol. 201, no. 3, pp. 357–365, 2015.
- Latika Brijwal, Aseesh Pandey, and Sushma Tamta, “In vitro propagation of the endangered species Berberis aristata DC. via leaf-derived callus,” In Vitro Cellular & Developmental Biology-Plant, vol. 51, no. 6, pp. 637–647, 2015.
- Claudine Valerie Passo Tsamo, Marie-France Herent, Kodjo Tomekpe, Thomas Happi Emaga, Joelle Quetin-Leclercq, Herve Rogez, Yvan Larondelle, and Christelle M. Andre, “Effect of boiling on phenolic profiles determined using HPLC/ESI-LTQ-Orbitrap-MS, physico-chemical parameters of six plantain banana cultivars (Musa s,” Journal Of Food Composition And Analysis, vol. 44, pp. 158–169, 2015.
- Saiema Rasool, Parvaiz Ahmad, Muneeb U Rehman, Ahmad Arif, and Naser A. Anjum, “Achieving Crop Stress Tolerance and Improvement—an Overview of Genomic Techniques,” Applied Biochemistry and Biotechnology, 2015.
- Annelie Holzkaemper, Dario Fossati, Juerg Hiltbrunner, and Juerg Fuhrer, “Spatial and temporal trends in agro-climatic limitations to production potentials for grain maize and winter wheat in Switzerland,” Regional Environmental Change, vol. 15, no. 1, pp. 109–122, 2015.
- Meiling Song, Xiuzhang Li, Kari Saikkonen, Chunjie Li, and Zhibiao Nan, “An asexual Epichloë endophyte enhances waterlogging tolerance of Hordeum brevisubulatum,” Fungal Ecology, vol. 13, pp. 44–52, 2015.
- Guangcheng Shao, Xi Cheng, Na Liu, and Zhenhua Zhang, “Effect of drought pretreatment before anthesis and post-anthesis waterlogging on water relation, photosynthesis, and growth of tomatoes,” Archives Of Agronomy And Soil Science, vol. 62, no. 7, pp. 935–946, 2016.
- Wei Chen, Qiuming Yao, Gunvant B. Patil, Gaurav Agarwal, Rupesh K. Deshmukh, Li Lin, Biao Wang, Yongqin Wang, Silvas J. Prince, Li Song, Dong Xu, Yongqiang C. An, Babu Valliyodan, Rajeev K. Varshney, and Henry T. Nguyen, “Identification and Comparative Analysis of Differential Gene Expression in Soybean Leaf Tissue under Drought and Flooding Stress Revealed by RNA-Seq,” Frontiers in Plant Science, vol. 7, 2016.