- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 971096, 6 pages
Efficacy and Safety of Docetaxel Plus Oxaliplatin and Capecitabine in the First Line Treatment of Advanced Gastric Adenocarcinoma
1Department of Surgery, Ruijin Hospital, Shanghai Jiaotong University School of Medicine, No. 197 Ruijin er Road, Shanghai 200025, China
2Shanghai Institute of Digestive Surgery, Ruijin Hospital, Shanghai Jiaotong University School of Medicine, No. 197 Ruijin er Road, Shanghai 200025, China
Received 29 April 2013; Revised 20 July 2013; Accepted 16 August 2013
Academic Editor: Izumi Takeyoshi
Copyright © 2013 Ying Liu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. Garcia, A. Jernal, E. M. Ward, et al., Global Cancer Facts and Figures, American Society, Atlanta, Ga, USA, 2007.
- A. M. Murad, F. F. Santiago, A. Petroianu, P. R. S. Rocha, M. A. G. Rodrigues, and M. Rausch, “Modified therapy with 5-fluorouracil, doxorubicin, and methotrexate in advanced gastric cancer,” Cancer, vol. 72, no. 1, pp. 37–41, 1993.
- S. Pyrhonen, T. Kuitunen, P. Nyandoto, and M. Kouri, “Randomised comparison of fluorouracil, epidoxorubicin and methotrexate (FEMTX) plus supportive care with supportive care alone in patients with non-resectable gastric cancer,” British Journal of Cancer, vol. 71, no. 3, pp. 587–591, 1995.
- B. Glimelius, K. Ekström, K. Hoffman et al., “Randomized comparison between chemotherapy plus best supportive care with best supportive care in advanced gastric cancer,” Annals of Oncology, vol. 8, no. 2, pp. 163–168, 1997.
- A. D. Wagner, W. Grothe, J. Haerting, G. Kleber, A. Grothey, and W. E. Fleig, “Chemotherapy in advanced gastric cancer: a systematic review and meta-analysis based on aggregate data,” Journal of Clinical Oncology, vol. 24, no. 18, pp. 2903–2909, 2006.
- I. Ringel and S. B. Horwitiz, “Studies with RP 56976 (taxotere): a semisynthetic analogue of taxol,” Journal of the National Cancer Institute, vol. 83, no. 4, pp. 288–291, 1991.
- M. V. Blagosklonny, T. Schulte, P. Nguyen, J. Trepel, and L. M. Neckers, “Taxol-induced apoptosis and phosphorylation of Bcl-2 protein involves c- Raf-1 and represents a novel c-Raf-1 signal transduction pathway,” Cancer Research, vol. 56, no. 8, pp. 1851–1854, 1996.
- D. S. Grant, T. L. Williams, M. Zahaczewsky, and A. P. Dicker, “Comparison of antiangiogenic activities using paclitaxel (taxol) and docetaxel (taxotere),” International Journal of Cancer, vol. 104, no. 1, pp. 121–129, 2003.
- K. A. Hotchkiss, A. W. Ashton, R. Mahmood, R. G. Russell, J. A. Sparano, and E. L. Schwartz, “Inhibition of endothelial cell function in vitro and angiogenesis in vivo by docetaxel (Taxotere): association with impaired repositioning of the microtubule organizing center,” Molecular Cancer Therapeutics, vol. 1, no. 13, pp. 1191–1200, 2002.
- A. Vacca, D. Ribatti, M. Iurlaro et al., “Docetaxel versus paclitaxel for antiangiogenesis,” Journal of Hematotherapy and Stem Cell Research, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 103–118, 2002.
- J. A. Ajani, V. M. Moiseyenko, S. Tjulandin et al., “Clinical benefit with docetaxel plus fluorouracil and cisplatin compared with cisplatin and fluorouracil in a phase III trial of advanced gastric or gastroesophageal cancer adenocarcinoma: the V-325 study group,” Journal of Clinical Oncology, vol. 25, no. 22, pp. 3205–3209, 2007.
- D. Cunningham, A. F. C. Okines, and S. Ashley, “Capecitabine and oxaliplatin for advanced esophagogastric cancer,” The New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 362, no. 9, pp. 858–859, 2010.
- Y.-K. Kang, W.-K. Kang, D.-B. Shin et al., “Capecitabine/cisplatin versus 5-fluorouracil/cisplatin as first-line therapy in patients with advanced gastric cancer: a randomised phase III noninferiority trial,” Annals of Oncology, vol. 20, no. 4, pp. 666–673, 2009.
- A. F. C. Okines, A. R. Norman, P. McCloud, Y.-K. Kang, and D. Cunningham, “Meta-analysis of the REAL-2 and ML17032 trials: evaluating capecitabine-based combination chemotherapy and infused 5-fluorouracil-based combination chemotherapy for the treatment of advanced oesophago-gastric cancer,” Annals of Oncology, vol. 20, no. 9, pp. 1529–1534, 2009.
- W. Koizumi, H. Narahara, T. Hara et al., “S-1 plus cisplatin versus S-1 alone for first-line treatment of advanced gastric cancer (SPIRITS trial): a phase III trial,” The Lancet Oncology, vol. 9, no. 3, pp. 215–221, 2008.
- K. Yoshida, M. Ninomiya, N. Takakura, et al., “Phase II study of docetaxel and S-1 combination therapy for advanced or recurrent gastric cancer,” Clinical Cancer Research, vol. 12, no. 11, pp. 3402–3407, 2006.
- E. Van Cutsem, S. de Haas, Y. K. Kang, et al., “Bevacizumab in combination with chemotherapy as first-line therapy in advanced gastriccancer: a biomarker evaluation from the AVAGAST randomized phase III trial,” Journal of Clinical Oncology, vol. 30, no. 17, pp. 2119–2127, 2012.
- A. F. C. Okines, S. E. Ashley, D. Cunningham et al., “Epirubicin, oxaliplatin, and capecitabine with or without panitumumab for advanced esophagogastric cancer: dose-finding study for the prospective multicenter, randomized, phase II/III REAL-3 trial,” Journal of Clinical Oncology, vol. 28, no. 25, pp. 3945–3950, 2010.