- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 971203, 6 pages
Factors Associated with HIV/AIDS in Sudan
1Department of Community Health Sciences, College of Applied Medical Sciences, King Saud University, P.O. Box 10219, Riyadh 11433, Saudi Arabia
2Department of Family and Community Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Jazan University, P.O. Box 2531, Jazan 45142, Saudi Arabia
Received 9 April 2013; Revised 6 June 2013; Accepted 1 July 2013
Academic Editor: Leon Spicer
Copyright © 2013 Badreldin Abdelrhman Mohamed and Mohamed Salih Mahfouz. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Sudan National AIDS program (SNAP), Situation Analysis, Behavioural and Epidemiological Surveys and Response Analysis, Sudan, FMOH SNAP, 2002.
- M. S. Mahfouz, Modeling the impact of HIV/AIDS epidemic on mortality in sub-saharan Africa: with reference to Zimbabwe, Tanzania and Sudan (1985–2003) [Ph.D. thesis], Sudan University of Sciences and Technology, 2007.
- WHO/UNAIDS, Global AIDS Epidemic Update, Middle East and North Africa-Sub Sahara, 2006.
- Sudan National AIDS program (SNAP), “Sudan federal ministry of health, Global AIDS Response Progress Reporting 2010–2011,” http://www.unaids.org/en/dataanalysis/knowyourresponse/countryprogressreports/2012countries/ce_SD_Narrative_Report.pdf.
- UNAIDS report on the global AIDS epidemic, 2011, http://www.unaids.org/en/dataanalysis/datatools/aidsinfo/.
- Sudan, “Assessing Risks to Stability, Richard Downie, Brian Kennedy, Center for Strategic and International Studies 1800 K Street, NW,” http://csis.org/publication/sudan.
- UNHCR Sudan country Report 2013, http://www.unhcr.org/pages/49e483b76.html.
- WHO/UNAIDS, Guidance on Provider-Initiated HIV Testing and Counseling in Health Facilities, WHO/UNAIDS, Geneva, Switzerland, 2007.
- X. Cao, S. G. Sullivan, J. Xu et al., “Understanding HIV-related stigma and discrimination in a “blameless” population,” AIDS Education and Prevention, vol. 18, no. 6, pp. 518–528, 2006.
- E. Y. Tenkorang and E. Maticka-Tyndale, “Factors influencing the timing of first sexual intercourse among young people in Nyanza, Kenya,” International Family Planning Perspectives, vol. 34, no. 4, pp. 177–188, 2008.
- R. Stephenson, “Community influences on young people's sexual behavior in 3 African countries,” American Journal of Public Health, vol. 99, no. 1, pp. 102–109, 2009.
- M. S. Mahfouz, “Fertility in Northern Sudan (1979–1999): levels, trends and determinants,” in Proceedings of the 26th International Population Conference of the IUSSP, P. U. Office of Population Research, 2009.
- “Government of National Unity/ Government of Southern Sudan. Sudan Household Health Survey (SHHS),” 2006.
- S. Elmusharaf, I. Elkhidir, S. Hoffmann, and L. Almroth, “A case-control study on the association between female genital mutilation and sexually transmitted infections in Sudan,” BJOG, vol. 113, no. 4, pp. 469–474, 2006.
- D. D. Brewer, J. J. Potterat, J. M. Roberts Jr., and S. Brody, “Male and female circumcision associated with prevalent HIV infection in virgins and adolescents in Kenya, Lesotho, and Tanzania,” Annals of Epidemiology, vol. 17, no. 3, pp. 217–226, 2007.
- M. D. Lukobo and R. C. Bailey, “Acceptability of male circumcision for prevention of HIV infection in Zambia,” AIDS Care, vol. 19, no. 4, pp. 471–477, 2007.
- D. J. Smith, “Modern marriage, men's extramarital sex, and HIV risk in Southeastern Nigeria,” American Journal of Public Health, vol. 97, no. 6, pp. 997–1005, 2007.
- H. Brtnicka, P. Weiss, and J. Zverina, “Human sexuality during pregnancy and the postpartum period,” Bratislava Medical Journal, vol. 110, no. 7, pp. 427–431, 2009.