- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 973716, 9 pages
The Mode of Inheritance of Scheuermann’s Disease
1Institute of Traumatology and Orthopaedics, Frunze Street 17, Novosibirsk 630091, Russia
2Rambam Health Care Campus, 6 Ha’Aliya Street POB 9602, 31096 Haifa, Israel
Received 29 April 2013; Accepted 25 July 2013
Academic Editor: Panagiotis Korovessis
Copyright © 2013 A. M. Zaidman et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. D. Jones and B. L. Wise, “Contribution of obstruction to experimentally induced Scheurmann's disease,” Radiologia Clinica et Biologica, vol. 36, pp. 91–100, 1967.
- K. Parsch G, “Aseptic bone necrosis in childhood and adolescence,” Medizinische Klinik, vol. 72, no. 37, pp. 1473–1479, 1977.
- H. L. Jaffe, Metabolic, Degenerative and Inflammatory Disease of Bones and Joint, Lea and Febiger, Philadelphia, Pa, USA, 1975.
- G. Schmorl, “Die Pathogenese der juvenilen kyphose,” Fortschritte Auf dem Gebieteder Rontgenstrahlen und der Nuklearmedizin, vol. 41, pp. 359–383, 1930.
- G. Schmorl and K. Junghans, “Die gesund und kranke wirbelsaule in rontgenbild und klinik. Pathologishch-anatomische untersuchungen,” in Fur Rontgenkunde und Klinik Bearbietet, pp. 217–233, Thieme, Stuttgart, Germany, 1953.
- D. S. Bradford and J. H. Moe, “Scheuermann's juvenile kyphosis. A histological study,” Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research, vol. 110, pp. 45–53, 1975.
- D. S. Bradford, D. M. Brown, J. H. Moe, R. B. Winter, and J. Jowsey, “Scheuermann's kyphosis: a form of osteoporosis?” Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research, vol. 118, pp. 10–15, 1976.
- D. S. Bradford, “Vertebral osteochondrosis (Scheuermann's kyphosis),” Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research, vol. 158, pp. 83–90, 1981.
- M. Aufdermayr, “Zur pathogeneses der Scheuermannschen Krankheit,” Deutsche Medizinische Wochenschrift, vol. 89, pp. 73–76, 1964.
- M. Aufdermaur, “Juvenile kyphosis (Scheuermann's disease): radiography, histology, and pathogenesis,” Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research, vol. 154, pp. 166–174, 1981.
- G. F. Dommisse, “The vulnerable, rapidly growing thoracic spine of the adolescent,” South African Medical Journal, vol. 78, no. 4, pp. 211–213, 1990.
- D. Linthoudt and M. Revel, “Similar radiologic lesions of localized Scheuermann's disease of the lumbar spine in twin sisters,” Spine, vol. 19, no. 8, pp. 987–989, 1994.
- E. Ippolito and I. Ponseti, “Juvenile kyphosis. Histological and histochemical studies,” Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery A, vol. 63, no. 2, pp. 175–182, 1981.
- E. Ascani, E. Ippolito, and A. Montanaro, “Juvenile kyphosis: histological, histochemical and ultrastructural studies,” Orthopaedic Transactions, vol. 7, p. 28, 1982.
- E. A. Abalmasova, “Diagnosis and treatment of spine diseases and injuries in children,” Act Speech, Central Institute of Traumatology and Orthopaedics, Moscow, Russia, 1986, (Russian).
- A. M. Zaidman, N. G. Fomichev, E. V. Kalashnikova, et al., “Scheuermann Disease. Clinical appearances, morphology, biochemistry, genetics, treatment,” Novosibirsk, Russia, 2002 (Russian).
- B. Fiirgaard and A. Agertoft, “Scheuermann's disease,” Ugeskrift for Læger, vol. 152, no. 39, pp. 2843–2846, 1990 (Danish).
- A. Findlay, A. N. Conner, and J. M. Connor, “Dominant inheritance of Scheuermann's juvenile kyphosis,” Journal of Medical Genetics, vol. 26, no. 6, pp. 400–403, 1989.
- F. Halal, R. B. Gledhill, and F. C. Fraser, “Dominant inheritance of Scheuermann's juvenile kyphosis,” American Journal of Diseases of Children, vol. 132, no. 11, pp. 1105–1107, 1978.
- O. G. Nielsen and P. Pilgaard, “Two hereditary spinal diseases producing kyphosis during adolescence,” Acta Paediatrica Scandinavica, vol. 76, no. 1, pp. 133–136, 1987.
- T. I. Aksenovich and E. K. Ginzburg, “The system for Mendelian analysis of alternative traits (MAN-A1),” Genetika Russian, vol. 23, pp. 268–273, 1987.
- L. McKenzie and D. Sillence, “Familial Scheuermann disease: a genetic and linkage study,” Journal of Medical Genetics, vol. 29, no. 1, pp. 41–45, 1992.
- V. A. McKusick, Mendelian Inheritance in Man. Catalogs of Autosomal Dominant, Autosomal Recessive, and X-Linked Phenotypes, The John Hopkins University Press, Baltimore, Md, USA, 1966.
- R. C. Elston and J. A. Stewart, “A general model for the genetic analysis of pedigree data,” Human Heredity, vol. 21, no. 6, pp. 523–542, 1971.
- J. Neyman and E. S. Pearson, “On the use and interpretation of certain test criteria for purposes of statistical inference,” Biometrika A, vol. 20, pp. 175–263, 1928.
- A. D. Theocharis, M. E. Tsara, N. Papageorgakopoulou, D. H. Vynios, and D. A. Theocharis, “Characterization of glycosaminoglycans from human normal and scoliotic nasal cartilage with particular reference to dermatan sulfate,” Biochimica et Biophysica Acta, vol. 1528, no. 2-3, pp. 81–88, 2001.
- T. Bitter and H. M. Muir, “A modified uronic acid carbazole reaction,” Analytical Biochemistry, vol. 4, no. 4, pp. 330–334, 1962.
- R. W. Farndale, D. J. Buttle, and A. J. Barrett, “Improved quantitation and discrimination of sulphate glycosaminoglycans by use of dimethylmethylene blue,” Biochimica et Biophysica Acta, vol. 883, no. 2, pp. 173–177, 1986.
- C. H. A. Van de Lest, E. M. M. Versteeg, J. H. Veerkamp, and T. H. Van Kuppevelt, “Quantification and characterization of glycosaminoglycans at the nanogram level by a combined azure a-silver staining in agarose gels,” Analytical Biochemistry, vol. 221, no. 2, pp. 356–361, 1994.
- L. Ya. Tsivian, “Spine Surgery,” Novosibirsk, Russia, 1993 (Russian).
- A. M. Zaidman, M. N. Zaidman, A. V. Korel, M. A. Mikhailovsky, T. Y. Eshchenko, and E. V. Grigorjeva, “Genetic mechanisms of growth disorders in patients with idiopathic scoliosis,” in Proceedings of the 11 thInternational Phillip Zorab Symposium, p. 34, Oxford, UK, 2006.
- A. M. Zaidman, “Idiopatic Scoliosis,” Novosibirsk, Russia, 1994 (Russian).