- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 981235, 9 pages
Function of the p38MAPK-HSP27 Pathway in Rat Lung Injury Induced by Acute Ischemic Kidney Injury
Department of Emergency Medicine, The First Hospital of China Medical University, No. 155 Nanjing North Street, Heping District, Shenyang City, Liaoning Province 110001, China
Received 12 April 2012; Revised 10 November 2012; Accepted 5 December 2012
Academic Editor: Nathan A. Ellis
Copyright © 2013 Tao Ma et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. Uchino, J. A. Kellum, R. Bellomo et al., “Acute renal failure in critically ill patients: a multinational, multicenter study,” JAMA, vol. 294, no. 7, pp. 813–818, 2005.
- A. S. Awad and M. D. Okusa, “Distant organ injury following acute kidney injury,” American Journal of Physiology, vol. 293, no. 1, pp. F28–F29, 2007.
- J. D. Paladino, J. R. Hotchkiss, and H. Rabb, “Acute kidney injury and lung dysfunction: a paradigm for remote organ effects of kidney disease?” Microvascular Research, vol. 77, no. 1, pp. 8–12, 2009.
- K. Doi, T. Ishizu, T. Fujita, and E. Noiri, “Lung injury following acute kidney injury: kidney-lung crosstalk,” Clinical and Experimental Nephrology, vol. 15, no. 4, pp. 464–470, 2011.
- K. Singbartl, “Renal-pulmonary crosstalk,” Contributions to Nephrology, vol. 174, pp. 65–70, 2011.
- P. J. Scheel, M. Liu, and H. Rabb, “Uremic lung: new insights into a forgotten condition,” Kidney International, vol. 74, no. 7, pp. 849–851, 2008.
- S. Faubel, “Pulmonary complications after acute kidney injury,” Advances in Chronic Kidney Disease, vol. 15, no. 3, pp. 284–296, 2008.
- C. M. Feltes, J. Van Eyk, and H. Rabb, “Distant-organ changes after acute kidney injury,” Nephron, vol. 109, no. 4, pp. 80–84, 2008.
- H. T. Hassoun, D. N. Grigoryev, M. L. Lie et al., “Ischemic acute kidney injury induces a distant organ functional and genomic response distinguishable from bilateral nephrectomy,” American Journal of Physiology, vol. 293, no. 1, pp. F30–F40, 2007.
- C. M. Feltes, H. T. Hassoun, M. L. Lie, C. Cheadle, and H. Rabb, “Pulmonary endothelial cell activation during experimental acute kidney injury,” Shock, vol. 36, no. 2, pp. 170–176, 2011.
- D. N. Grigoryev, M. Liu, H. T. Hassoun, C. Cheadle, K. C. Barnes, and H. Rabb, “The local and systemic inflammatory transcriptome after acute kidney injury,” Journal of the American Society of Nephrology, vol. 19, no. 3, pp. 547–558, 2008.
- L. E. White and H. T. Hassoun, “Inflammatory mechanisms of organ crosstalk during ischemic acute kidney injury,” International Journal of Nephrology, vol. 2012, Article ID 505197, 8 pages, 2012.
- C. L. Klein, T. S. Hoke, W. F. Fang, C. J. Altmann, I. S. Douglas, and S. Faubel, “Interleukin-6 mediates lung injury following ischemic acute kidney injury or bilateral nephrectomy,” Kidney International, vol. 74, no. 7, pp. 901–909, 2008.
- T. S. Hoke, I. S. Douglas, C. L. Klein et al., “Acute renal failure after bilateral nephrectomy is associated with cytokine-mediated pulmonary injury,” Journal of the American Society of Nephrology, vol. 18, no. 1, pp. 155–164, 2007.
- T. Borbiev, A. Birukova, F. Liu et al., “p38 MAP kinase-dependent regulation of endothelial cell permeability,” American Journal of Physiology, vol. 287, no. 5, pp. L911–L918, 2004.
- T. Ishii, K. Doi, K. Okamoto et al., “Neutrophil elastase contributes to acute lung injury induced by bilateral nephrectomy,” American Journal of Pathology, vol. 177, no. 4, pp. 1665–1673, 2010.
- A. A. Kramer, G. Postler, K. F. Salhab, C. Mendez, L. C. Carey, and H. Rabb, “Renal ischemia/reperfusion leads to macrophage-mediated increase in pulmonary vascular permeability,” Kidney International, vol. 55, no. 6, pp. 2362–2367, 1999.
- J. Steinberg, J. Halter, H. Schiller et al., “Chemically modified tetracycline prevents the development of septic shock and acute respiratory distress syndrome in a clinically applicable porcine model,” Shock, vol. 24, no. 4, pp. 348–356, 2005.
- C. G. Dos Remedios, D. Chhabra, M. Kekic et al., “Actin binding proteins: regulation of cytoskeletal microfilaments,” Physiological Reviews, vol. 83, no. 2, pp. 433–473, 2003.
- S. Dorion and J. Landry, “Activation of the mitogen-activated protein kinase pathways by heat shock,” Cell Stress and Chaperones, vol. 7, no. 2, pp. 200–206, 2002.
- Y. Jiang, H. Gram, M. Zhao et al., “Characterization of the structure and function of the fourth member of p38 group mitogen-activated protein kinases, p38δ,” The Journal of Biological Chemistry, vol. 272, no. 48, pp. 30122–30128, 1997.
- J. N. Lavoie, E. Hickey, L. A. Weber, and J. Landry, “Modulation of actin-microfilament dynamics and fluid phase pinocytosis by phosphorylation of heat shock protein 27,” The Journal of Biological Chemistry, vol. 268, no. 32, pp. 24210–24214, 1993.
- N. Mounier and A.-P. Arrigo, “Actin cytoskeleton and small heat shock proteins: how do they interact?” Cell Stress and Chaperones, vol. 7, no. 2, pp. 167–176, 2002.
- W. T. Gerthoffer and S. J. Gunst, “Invited review: focal adhesion and small heat shock proteins in the regulation of actin remodeling and contractility in smooth muscle,” Journal of Applied Physiology, vol. 91, no. 2, pp. 963–972, 2001.