- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 983805, 9 pages
NCBI2RDF: Enabling Full RDF-Based Access to NCBI Databases
Biomedical Informatics Group, Artificial Intelligence Laboratory, School of Computer Science, Universidad Politécnica de Madrid, Campus de Montegancedo S/N, Boadilla del Monte, 28660 Madrid, Spain
Received 3 May 2013; Accepted 30 June 2013
Academic Editor: Wanwipa Vongsangnak
Copyright © 2013 Alberto Anguita et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- F. L. Kiechle, X. Zhang, and C. A. Holland-Staley, “The -omics era and its impact,” Archives of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, vol. 128, no. 12, pp. 1337–1345, 2004.
- A. R. Joyce and B. Ø. Palsson, “The model organism as a system: integrating “omics” data sets,” Nature Reviews Molecular Cell Biology, vol. 7, no. 3, pp. 198–210, 2006.
- V. B. Bajic, V. Brusic, J. Li, S. K. Ng, and L. Wong, “From informatics to bioinformatics,” in Proceedings of the 1st Asia-Pacific Bioinformatics Conference on Bioinformatics, vol. 19, pp. 3–12, 2003.
- “Making data dreams come true,” Nature, vol. 428, no. 6980, article 239, 2004.
- J. A. Sagotsky, L. Zhang, Z. Wang, S. Martin, and T. S. Deisboeck, “Life sciences and the web: a new era for collaboration,” Molecular Systems Biology, vol. 4, article 201, 2008.
- L. Martin, A. Anguita, V. Maojo, and J. Crespo, “Integration of omics data for cancer research,” in An Omics Perspective on Cancer Research, W. C. S. Cho, Ed., pp. 249–266, Springer, Dordrecht, Netherlands, 2010.
- K. P. H. Pritzker and L. B. Pritzker, “Bioinformatics advances for clinical biomarker development,” Expert Opinion on Medical Diagnostics, vol. 6, no. 1, pp. 39–48, 2012.
- V. Maojo and M. Tsiknakis, “Biomedical informatics and HealthGRIDs: a European perspective—past and current efforts and projects in the synergy of bionformatics and medical informatics,” IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Magazine, vol. 26, no. 3, pp. 34–41, 2007.
- V. Petrik, A. Loosemore, F. A. Howe, B. A. Bell, and M. C. Papadopoulos, “OMICS and brain tumour biomarkers,” British Journal of Neurosurgery, vol. 20, no. 5, pp. 275–280, 2006.
- B. Zirn, O. Hartmann, B. Samans et al., “Expression profiling of Wilms tumors reveals new candidate genes for different clinical parameters,” International Journal of Cancer, vol. 118, no. 8, pp. 1954–1962, 2006.
- C. T. Ferrara, P. Wang, E. C. Neto et al., “Genetic networks of liver metabolism revealed by integration of metabolic and transcriptional profiling,” PLoS Genetics, vol. 4, no. 3, Article ID e1000034, 2008.
- S. C. Connor, M. K. Hansen, A. Corner, R. F. Smith, and T. E. Ryan, “Integration of metabolomics and transcriptomics data to aid biomarker discovery in type 2 diabetes,” Molecular BioSystems, vol. 6, no. 5, pp. 909–921, 2010.
- T. Elkan-Miller, I. Ulitsky, R. Hertzano et al., “Integration of transcriptomics, proteomics, and microRNA analyses reveals novel microrna regulation of targets in the mammalian inner ear,” PLoS ONE, vol. 6, no. 4, Article ID e18195, 2011.
- J. M. Yi, M. Dhir, L. van Neste et al., “Genomic and epigenomic integration identifies a prognostic signature in colon cancer,” Clinical Cancer Research, vol. 17, no. 6, pp. 1535–1545, 2011.
- A. Anguita, L. Martín, D. Pérez-Rey, and V. Maojo, “A review of methods and tools for database integration in biomedicine,” Current Bioinformatics, vol. 5, no. 4, pp. 253–269, 2010.
- T. R. Gruber, “Toward principles for the design of ontologies used for knowledge sharing?” International Journal of Human, vol. 43, no. 5-6, pp. 907–928, 1995.
- G. O. Consortium, “The Gene Ontology (GO) project in 2006,” Nucleic Acids Research, vol. 34, supplement 1, pp. D322–D326, 2006.
- C. Rosse and J. L. V. Mejino Jr., “A reference ontology for biomedical informatics: the Foundational Model of Anatomy,” Journal of Biomedical Informatics, vol. 36, no. 6, pp. 478–500, 2003.
- M. Brochhausen, A. D. Spear, C. Cocos et al., “The ACGT Master Ontology and its applications—towards an ontology-driven cancer research and management system,” Journal of Biomedical Informatics, vol. 44, no. 1, pp. 8–25, 2011.
- D. A. Natale, C. N. Arighi, W. C. Barker et al., “The Protein Ontology: a structured representation of protein forms and complexes,” Nucleic Acids Research, vol. 39, no. 1, pp. D539–D545, 2011.
- B. Smith, M. Ashburner, C. Rosse et al., “The OBO Foundry: coordinated evolution of ontologies to support biomedical data integration,” Nature Biotechnology, vol. 25, no. 11, pp. 1251–1255, 2007.
- N. F. Noy, N. H. Shah, P. L. Whetzel et al., “BioPortal: ontologies and integrated data resources at the click of a mouse,” Nucleic Acids Research, vol. 37, no. 2, pp. W170–W173, 2009.
- F. Belleau, M. A. Nolin, N. Tourigny, P. Rigault, and J. Morissette, “Bio2RDF: towards a mashup to build bioinformatics knowledge systems,” Journal of Biomedical Informatics, vol. 41, no. 5, pp. 706–716, 2008.
- B. Mons and J. Velterop, “Nano-Publication in the e-science era,” SURF Fundation, 2009.
- G. D. Schuler, J. A. Epstein, H. Ohkawa, and J. A. Kans, “Entrez: molecular biology database and retrieval system,” Methods in Enzymology, vol. 266, pp. 141–161, 1996.
- S. Rossi, M. L. Christ-Neumann, S. Rüping et al., “p-Medicine: from data sharing and integration via VPH models to personalized medicine,” Ecancermedicalscience, vol. 5, no. 1, article 218, 2011.
- A. Anguita, L. Martin, M. Garcia-Remesal, and V. Maojo, “RDFBuilder: a tool to automatically build RDF-based interfaces for MAGE-OM microarray data sources,” Computer Methods and Programs in Biomedicine, vol. 111, no. 1, pp. 220–227, 2013.