- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 985404, 5 pages
Growth Factors Serum Levels in Coronary Artery Disease Patients Scheduled for Bypass Surgery: Perioperative Dynamics and Comparisons with Healthy Volunteers
1North Estonia Medical Centre, Clinic of Anaesthesiology, Sütiste 19, 13419 Tallinn, Estonia
2Department of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care, University of Tartu, Puusepa 1a, 50406 Tartu, Estonia
3Institute of Biochemistry, Centre of Excellence for Translational Medicine, University of Tartu, Ravila 19, 50411 Tartu, Estonia
Received 21 April 2013; Accepted 9 July 2013
Academic Editor: Kan Kajimoto
Copyright © 2013 Inga Karu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- T. Vuorio, S. Jauhiainen, and S. Ylä-Herttuala, “Pro- and anti-angiogenic therapy and atherosclerosis with special emphasis on vascular endothelial growth factors,” Expert Opinion on Biological Therapy, vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 79–92, 2012.
- P. B. J. Burton, V. J. Owen, S. Hafizi et al., “Vascular endothelial growth factor release following coronary artery bypass surgery: extracorporeal circulation versus “beating heart” surgery,” European Heart Journal, vol. 21, no. 20, pp. 1708–1713, 2000.
- J. Lorita, G. Camprecíos, M. Soley, and I. Ramírez, “ErbB receptors protect the perfused heart against injury induced by epinephrine combined with low-flow ischemia,” Growth Factors, vol. 27, no. 4, pp. 203–213, 2009.
- N. A. Neiken, S. R. Coughlin, D. Gordon, and J. N. Wilcox, “Monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 in human atheromatous plaques,” Journal of Clinical Investigation, vol. 88, no. 4, pp. 1121–1127, 1991.
- R. Deo, A. Khera, D. K. McGuire et al., “Association among plasma levels of monocyte chemoattractant protein-1, traditional cardiovascular risk factors, and subclinical atherosclerosis,” Journal of the American College of Cardiology, vol. 44, no. 9, pp. 1812–1818, 2004.
- R. C. Hoogeveen, A. Morrison, E. Boerwinkle et al., “Plasma MCP-1 level and risk for peripheral arterial disease and incident coronary heart disease: atherosclerosis Risk in Communities study,” Atherosclerosis, vol. 183, no. 2, pp. 301–307, 2005.
- C. Herder, J. Baumert, B. Thorand et al., “Chemokines and incident coronary heart disease: results from the MONICA/KORA Augsburg case-cohort study, 1984–2002,” Arteriosclerosis, Thrombosis, and Vascular Biology, vol. 26, no. 9, pp. 2147–2152, 2006.
- R. Tamura, J.-I. Miyagawa, M. Nishida et al., “Immunohistochemical localization of Betacellulin, a member of epidermal growth factor family, in atherosclerotic plaques of human aorta,” Atherosclerosis, vol. 155, no. 2, pp. 413–423, 2001.
- J. Gosling, S. Slaymaker, L. Gu et al., “MCP-1 deficiency reduces susceptibility to atherosclerosis in mice that overexpress human apolipoprotein B,” Journal of Clinical Investigation, vol. 103, no. 6, pp. 773–778, 1999.
- B. Amasyalia, S. Kosea, H. Kursaklioglua, C. Barcina, and A. Kilicb, “Monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 in acute coronary syndromes: complex vicious interaction,” International Journal of Cardiology, vol. 136, pp. 356–357, 2009.
- C. Morgan, M. Zappitelli, and P. Gill, “Statin prophylaxis and inflammatory mediators following cardiopulmonary bypass: a systematic review,” Critical Care, vol. 13, no. 5, article R165, 2009.
- K. Nakamura, H. Masuda, H. Kariyazono et al., “Effects of atorvastatin and aspirin combined therapy on inflammatory responses in patients undergoing coronary artery bypass grafting,” Cytokine, vol. 36, no. 5-6, pp. 201–210, 2006.
- P. Libby, “Current concepts of the pathogenesis of the acute coronary syndromes,” Circulation, vol. 104, no. 3, pp. 365–372, 2001.
- A. Yadav, V. Saini, and S. Arora, “MCP-1: chemoattractant with a role beyond immunity: a review,” Clinica Chimica Acta, vol. 411, no. 21-22, pp. 1570–1579, 2010.
- A. Castellheim, T. N. Hoel, V. Videm et al., “Biomarker profile in off-pump and on-pump coronary artery bypass grafting surgery in low-risk patients,” Annals of Thoracic Surgery, vol. 85, no. 6, pp. 1994–2002, 2008.
- F. Onorati, A. S. Rubino, S. Nucera et al., “Off-pump coronary artery bypass surgery versus standard linear or pulsatile cardiopulmonary bypass: endothelial activation and inflammatory response,” European Journal of Cardio-Thoracic Surgery, vol. 37, no. 4, pp. 897–904, 2010.
- Y. Kusumanto, R. Tio, B. Loef, W. Sluiter, N. Mulder, and G. Hospers, “Systemic VEGF levels after coronary artery bypass graft surgery reflects the extent of inflammatory response,” Acute Cardiac Care, vol. 8, no. 1, pp. 41–45, 2006.
- E. Melgarejo, M. Á. Medina, F. Sánchez-Jiménez, and J. L. Urdiales, “Monocyte chemoattractant protein-1: a key mediator in inflammatory processes,” International Journal of Biochemistry and Cell Biology, vol. 41, no. 5, pp. 998–1001, 2009.
- N. Sarwar and A. S. Butterworth, “Interleukin-6 receptor pathways in coronary heart disease: a collaborative meta-analysis of 82 studies,” The Lancet, vol. 379, no. 9822, pp. 1205–1213, 2012.
- A. G. Giurgea, C. Margeta, T. Maca et al., “Simvastatin reduces serum level of vascular endothelial growth factor in hypercholesterolemic patients,” Journal of Cardiovascular Pharmacology, vol. 47, no. 1, pp. 30–36, 2006.
- H. Berrahmoune, J. V. Lamont, B. Herbeth, P. S. FitzGerald, and S. Visvikis-Siest, “Biological determinants of and reference values for plasma interleukin-8, monocyte chemoattractant protein-I, epidermal growth factor, and vascular endothelial growth factor: results from the STANISLAS cohort,” Clinical Chemistry, vol. 52, no. 3, pp. 504–510, 2006.