- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 238532, 12 pages
Strain Diversity of Mycobacterium tuberculosis Isolates from Pulmonary Tuberculosis Patients in Afar Pastoral Region of Ethiopia
1Aklilu Lemma Institute of Pathobiology, Addis Ababa University, P.O. Box 1176, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
2Section for International Health, Department of Community Medicine, Institute for Health and Society, University of Oslo, P.O. Box 1130, Blindern, 0318 Oslo, Norway
3WHO Supranational TB Reference Laboratory, TB & Mycobacteria Unit, Institut Pasteur de la Guadeloupe, 97183 Abymes, France
Received 24 November 2013; Accepted 22 January 2014; Published 6 March 2014
Academic Editor: Tomasz Jagielski
Copyright © 2014 Mulugeta Belay et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [8 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Abuchahama Saifodine, Janet Fyfe, Aina Sievers, Elizabeth Coelho, Khalide Azam, and James Black, “Genetic diversity of Mycobacterium tuberculosis isolates obtained from patients with pulmonary tuberculosis in Beira city, Mozambique,” International Journal of Mycobacteriology, 2014.
- Fantahun Biadglegne, Matthias Merker, Ulrich Sack, Arne C. Rodloff, and Stefan Niemann, “Tuberculous Lymphadenitis in Ethiopia Predominantly Caused by Strains Belonging to the Delhi/CAS Lineage and Newly Identified Ethiopian Clades of the ,” Plos One, vol. 10, no. 9, 2015.
- Chao Zheng, Song Li, Zhongyue Luo, Rui Pi, Honghu Sun, Qingxia He, Ke Tang, Mei Luo, Yuqing Li, David Couvin, Nalin Rastogi, and Qun Sun, “Mixed Infections and Rifampin Heteroresistance among Mycobacterium tuberculosis Clinical Isolates,” Journal Of Clinical Microbiology, vol. 53, no. 7, pp. 2138–2147, 2015.
- Solomon A. Yimer, Gunnstein Norheim, Amine Namouchi, Ephrem D. Zegeye, Wibeke Kinander, Tone Tonjum, Shiferaw Bekele, Turid Mannsaker, Gunnar Bjune, Abraham Aseffa, and Carol Holm-Hansen, “Mycobacterium tuberculosis Lineage 7 Strains Are Associated with Prolonged Patient Delay in Seeking Treatment for Pulmonary Tuberculosis in Amhara Reg,” Journal Of Clinical Microbiology, vol. 53, no. 4, pp. 1301–1309, 2015.
- Workneh Korma, Adane Mihret, Jemal Hussien, Richard Anthony, Mekuria Lakew, and Abraham Aseffa, “Clinical, molecular and drug sensitivity pattern of mycobacterial isolates from extra-pulmonary tuberculosis cases in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia,” BMC Infectious Diseases, vol. 15, no. 1, 2015.
- Mulugeta Belay, Gunnar Bjune, and Fekadu Abebe, “Prevalence of tuberculosis, HIV, and TB-HIV co-infection among pulmonary tuberculosis suspects in a predominantly pastoralist area, northeast Ethiopia,” Global Health Action, vol. 8, pp. 1–7, 2015.
- Anwar Nuru, Gezahegne Mamo, Adane Worku, Aschalew Admasu, Girmay Medhin, Rembert Pieper, and Gobena Ameni, “ Genetic Diversity of Mycobacterium tuberculosis Complex Isolated from Tuberculosis Patients in Bahir Dar City and Its Surroundings, Northwest Ethiopia ,” BioMed Research International, vol. 2015, pp. 1–9, 2015.
- Anneke Van der Spoel van Dijk, Pakiso M. Makhoahle, Leen Rigouts, and Kamaldeen Baba, “ Diverse Molecular Genotypes of Mycobacterium tuberculosis Complex Isolates Circulating in the Free State, South Africa ,” International Journal of Microbiology, vol. 2016, pp. 1–7, 2016.