- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 302747, 4 pages
Investigation of the Effects of Preoperative Hydration on the Postoperative Nausea and Vomiting
1Duatepe Polatlı State Hospital, Ankara, Turkey
2Türkiye Yüksek İhtisas Education and Research Hospital, Anesthesiology and Reanimation Clinic, Kızılay Street No. 4, Samanpazarı Altındağ, Ankara, Turkey
3Gülhane Military Medicine Faculty, Anesthesiology and Reanimation Department, Ankara, Turkey
Received 17 April 2013; Revised 17 September 2013; Accepted 8 October 2013; Published 20 January 2014
Academic Editor: Gail B. Mahady
Copyright © 2014 M. Selçuk Yavuz et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- F. Camu, M. H. Lauwers, and D. Verbessem, “Incidence and aetiology of postoperative nausea and vomiting,” European Journal of Anaesthesiology, vol. 9, no. 6, pp. 25–31, 1992.
- J. P. Isal, C. G. Haigh, K. Hellstern et al., “The clinical development of ondansetron for use in the prevention and treatment of postoperative nausea and vomiting,” European Journal of Anaesthesiology, vol. 9, no. 6, pp. 33–36, 1992.
- C. C. Apfel, N. Roewer, and K. Korttila, “How to study postoperative nausea and vomiting,” Acta Anaesthesiologica Scandinavica, vol. 46, no. 8, pp. 921–928, 2002.
- W. S. Beattie, T. Lindblad, D. N. Buckley, and J. B. Forrest, “The incidence of postoperative nausea and vomiting in women undergoing laparoscopy is influenced by the day of menstrual cycle,” Canadian Journal of Anaesthesia, vol. 38, no. 3, pp. 298–302, 1991.
- C. C. Apfel, F. M. Heidrich, S. Jukar-Rao et al., “Evidence-based analysis of risk factors for postoperative nausea and vomiting,” The British Journal of Anaesthesia, vol. 109, no. 5, pp. 742–753, 2012.
- J. W. Beville, I. D. Bross, and W. S. Howlasd, “Postoperative nausea and vomiting. IV. Factors related to postoperative nausea and vomiting,” Anesthesiology, vol. 21, pp. 186–190, 1960.
- J. Lerman, “Surgical and patient factors involved in postoperative nausea and vomiting,” The British Journal of Anaesthesia, vol. 69, no. 7, supplement 1, pp. 24S–32S, 1992.
- T. Akkaya, M. M. Sayin, M. Temizsoylu et al., “The comparison of the postoperative antiemetic and analgesic effects of granisetron and granisetron + dexamethasone,” Turkish Journal of Reanimation and Anesthesiology, vol. 29, no. 3, pp. 113–127, 2001.
- J. P. Rosmussen, P. J. Douchot, and R. G. de Palma, “Cardiac function and hipercarbia,” Archives of Surgery, vol. 10, pp. 1196–1200, 1978.
- Y. Hashikura, S. Kawasaki, Y. Munakata, S. Hashimoto, K. Hayashi, and M. Makuuchi, “Effects of peritoneal insufflation on hepatic and renal blood flow,” Surgical Endoscopy, vol. 8, no. 7, pp. 759–761, 1994.
- F. Bongard, N. Pianim, S. Dubecz, and S. R. Klein, “Adverse consequences of increased intra-abdominal pressure on bowel tissue oxygen,” Journal of Trauma, vol. 39, no. 3, pp. 519–524, 1995.
- R. G. Fiddian-Green, “Associations between intramucosal acidosis in the gut and organ failure,” Critical Care Medicine, vol. 21, no. 2, supplement, pp. S103–S107, 1993.
- S. Z. Ali, A. Taguchi, B. Holtmann, and A. Kurz, “Effect of supplemental pre-operative fluid on postoperative nausea and vomiting,” Anaesthesia, vol. 58, no. 8, pp. 780–784, 2003.
- T. Adanır, M. Aksun, and U. Özgürbüz, “Does preoperative hydration affect postoperative nausea and vomiting? A randomized controlled trial,” Journal of Laparoendoscopic and Advanced Surgical Techniques A, vol. 18, no. 1, pp. 1–4, 2008.
- S. Chaudhary, A. K. Sethi, P. Motiani, and C. Adatia, “Pre-operative intravenous fluid therapy with crystalloids or colloids on post-operative nausea and vomiting,” Indian Journal of Medical Research, vol. 127, no. 6, pp. 577–581, 2008.
- E. M. Spencer, “Forum. Intravenous fluids in minor gyneacological surgery. Their effect on postoperative morbidity,” Anaesthesia, vol. 43, no. 12, pp. 1050–1051, 1988.
- M. Goodarzi, M. M. Matar, M. Shafa, J. E. Townsend, and I. Gonzalez, “A prospective randomized blinded study of the effect of intravenous fluid therapy on postoperative nausea and vomiting in children undergoing strabismus surgery,” Paediatric Anaesthesia, vol. 16, no. 1, pp. 49–53, 2006.