- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 586501, 8 pages
Cerebrovascular and Neuroprotective Effects of Adamantane Derivative
1Zakusov Institute of Pharmacology RAMS, 8 Baltiyskaya Street, Moscow 125315, Russia
2Yerevan State Medical University after Mkhitar Heratsi, 2 Koryun Street, 0025 Yerevan, Armenia
Received 15 January 2014; Revised 12 February 2014; Accepted 13 February 2014; Published 20 March 2014
Academic Editor: Joen-Rong Sheu
Copyright © 2014 Ruben S. Mirzoyan et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- E. H. Lo, T. Dalkara, and M. A. Moskowitz, “Mechanisms, challenges and opportunities in stroke,” Nature Reviews Neuroscience, vol. 4, no. 5, pp. 399–415, 2003.
- E. H. Lo, M. A. Moskowitz, and T. P. Jacobs, “Exciting, radical, suicidal: how brain cells die after stroke,” Stroke, vol. 36, no. 2, pp. 189–192, 2005.
- J. Lok, P. Gupta, S. Guo et al., “Cell-cell signaling in the neurovascular unit,” Neurochemical Research, vol. 32, no. 12, pp. 2032–2045, 2007.
- B. R. S. Broughton, D. C. Reutens, and C. G. Sobey, “Apoptotic mechanisms after cerebral ischemia,” Stroke, vol. 40, no. 5, pp. e331–e339, 2009.
- F. Galeffi, S. Sinnar, and R. D. Schwartz-Bloom, “Diazepam promotes ATP recovery and prevents cytochrome c release in hippocampal slices after in vitro ischemia,” Journal of Neurochemistry, vol. 75, no. 3, pp. 1242–1249, 2000.
- R. D. Schwartz-Bloom and R. Sah, “γ-aminobutyric acid A neurotransmission and cerebral ischemia,” Journal of Neurochemistry, vol. 77, no. 2, pp. 353–371, 2001.
- S. A. Mirzoian and V. P. Akopian, “Effect of gamma-aminobutyric acid on cerebral circulation and oxygen tension in the brain,” Farmakologiya i Toksikologiya, vol. 30, no. 5, pp. 572–574, 1967 (Russian).
- S. A. Mirzoian, B. A. Kazarian, and V. P. Akopian, “Presence of gamma-aminobutyric acid in the cerebral and large vessels of man and animals,” Doklady Akademii Nauk SSSR, vol. 186, no. 1, pp. 231–232, 1969 (Russian).
- S. A. Mirzoian, R. G. Boroian, and E. S. Sekoian, “The effect of gamma-aminobutyric acid on reflex reactions of the cerebral vessels and systemic arterial pressure,” Farmakologiia i Toksikologiia, vol. 36, no. 5, pp. 520–521, 1973 (Russian).
- D. N. Krause, E. Wong, P. Degener, and E. Roberts, “GABA receptors in bovine cerebral blood vessels: binding studies with [3H]muscimol,” Brain Research, vol. 185, no. 1, pp. 51–57, 1980.
- R. S. Mirzoian, “Neuroprotective and cerebrovascular effects of GABA mimetics,” Eksperimental'naia i Klinicheskaia Farmakologiia, vol. 66, no. 2, pp. 53–56, 2003 (Russian).
- I. V. Silkina, T. S. Gan'shina, S. B. Seredenin, and R. S. Mirzoyan, “Gabaergic mechanism of cerebrovascular and neuroprotective effects of afobazole and picamilon,” Eksperimental'naya i Klinicheskaya Farmakologiya, vol. 68, no. 1, pp. 20–24, 2005.
- I. N. Kurdyumov, T. S. Gan'shina, N. R. Mirzoyan et al., “Cerebrovascular and antiaggregative effects of GABA—docosahexaenoyldopamine conjugate,” Eksperimental'naya i Klinicheskaya Farmakologiya, vol. 71, no. 4, pp. 26–29, 2008.
- A. V. Gnezdilova, T. S. Gan'shina, and R. S. Mirzoyan, “Gabaergic mechanism of cerebrovascular effect of mexidol,” Eksperimental'naya i Klinicheskaya Farmakologiya, vol. 73, no. 10, pp. 11–13, 2010 (Russian).
- D. V. Maslennikov, T. S. Gan'shina, O. N. Oleĭnikova, I. N. Kurdiumov, and R. S. Mirzoian, “GABAergic mechanism of the cerebrovascular effect of melatonin,” Eksperimental'naya i Klinicheskaya Farmakologiya, vol. 75, no. 4, pp. 13–16, 2012.
- C. G. Parsons and K. Gilling, “Memantine as an example of a fast, voltage-dependent, open channel N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor blocker,” Methods in Molecular Biology, vol. 403, pp. 15–36, 2007.
- L. V. Kalia, S. K. Kalia, and M. W. Salter, “NMDA receptors in clinical neurology: excitatory times ahead,” The Lancet Neurology, vol. 7, no. 8, pp. 742–755, 2008.
- I. E. Kovalev, V. M. Koshkin, N. V. Shipulina, and E. I. Rumyantseva, “An adamantanone derivative that is an original modulator of redox processes in the cytochrome P-450 system can serve as an effective remedy against obliterating angiopathy of lower extremities,” Doklady Biochemistry and Biophysics, vol. 391, no. 1–6, pp. 201–203, 2003.
- A. Tamura, D. I. Graham, J. McCulloch, and G. M. Teasdale, “Focal cerebral ischaemia in the rat: I. Description of technique and early neuropathological consequences following middle cerebral artery occlusion,” Journal of Cerebral Blood Flow and Metabolism, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 53–60, 1981.
- A. V. Topchian, R. S. Mirzoian, and M. G. Balasanian, “Local cerebral ischemia in rats induced by ligation of the middle cerebral artery,” Eksperimental'naia i Klinicheskaia Farmakologiia, vol. 59, no. 5, pp. 62–64, 1996.
- R. S. Mirzoian, A. V. Topchian, A. S. Kanaian, and M. G. Balasanian, “The effect of nimodipine on a local ischemic brain lesion,” Vestnik Rossiiskoi Akademii Meditsinskikh Nauk, no. 11, pp. 46–51, 1998.
- M. D. Gaevyǐ, L. M. Adzhienko, L. M. Makarova, and A. A. Abdulsalam, “Brain ischemia induced by gravitational overload,” Eksperimental'naia i Klinicheskaia Farmakologiia, vol. 63, no. 3, pp. 63–64, 2000.
- G. Nowak, R. Trullas, R. T. Layer, P. Skolnick, and I. A. Paul, “Adaptive changes in the N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor complex after chronic treatment with imipramine and 1-aminocyclopropanecarboxylic acid,” Journal of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, vol. 265, no. 3, pp. 1380–1386, 1993.
- I. A. Zolotarev, I. I. Firstova, D. A. Abaimov et al., “Ligands of glutamate and dopamine receptors evenly labeled with hydrogen isotopes,” Bioorganicheskaia Khimiia, vol. 35, no. 3, pp. 323–333, 2009.