- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 602719, 6 pages
The Dynamic Trends of HIV Prevalence, Risks, and Prevention among Men Who Have Sex with Men in Chongqing, China
1National Center for AIDS/STD Control and Prevention, Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention, Beijing 100026, China
2Chongqing Center for Disease Control and Prevention, Chongqing 400042, China
Received 20 October 2013; Accepted 12 January 2014; Published 25 March 2014
Academic Editor: Yujiang Jia
Copyright © 2014 Gang Zeng et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- F. van Griensven, J. W. D. L. van Wijngaarden, S. Baral, and A. Grulich, “The global epidemic of HIV infection among men who have sex with men,” Current Opinion in HIV and AIDS, vol. 4, no. 4, pp. 300–307, 2009.
- H. F. Raymond, Y. H. Chen, T. Ick, et al., “A new trend in the HIV epidemic among men who have sex with men, San Francisco, 2004–2011,” Journal of Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndromes, vol. 62, pp. 584–589.
- F. X. Hei, L. Wang, Q. Q. Qing, W. Guo, D. M. Li, and Z. W. Ding, “Epidemic characteristics of HIV/AIDS among men who have sex with men from 2006–2010 in China,” Chinese Journal of Epidemiology, vol. 33, pp. 67–70, 2012.
- L. Wang, J. L. Norris, D. M. Li, W. Guo, Z. W. Ding, and N. Wang, “HIV prevalence and influencing factors analysis of sentinel surveillance among men who have sex with men in China, 2003–2011,” Chinese Medical Journal, vol. 125, pp. 1857–1861, 2012.
- Ministry of Health People's Republic of China, Joint United Nations Programme on HIV/AIDS, Organization WH, 2005 Update on the HIV/AIDS Epidemic and Response in China, National Center for AIDS/STD Control and Prevention, Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention, Beijing, 2006.
- Ministry of Health People's Republic of China, Joint United Nations Programme on HIV/AIDS, Organization WH, “2011 estimates of HIV/AIDS epidemic in China,” Chinese Journal of AIDS & STD, vol. 18, pp. 1–5, 2012.
- H. H. Zhu, Q. Y. He, Y. Liu, Q. Zhang, and D. L. Han, “Analysis on surveillance results of HIV in Chengdu in 2009,” Practical Preventive Medicine, vol. 17, pp. 1991–1992, 2010.
- X. R. Feng, F. Long, and L. X. Xin, “HIV, HCV and syphilisi infection among MSM in Baoding, China in 2011,” Chinese Journal of AIDS & STD, vol. 19, pp. 539–541, 2013.
- C. Zhou, X. B. Ding, L. G. Feng, and X. X. Guo, “Study on the prevalence and associated factors of HIV and syphilis among 1166 men who have sex with men,” Modem Preventive Medicine, vol. 38, pp. 815–820, 2011.
- L.-G. Feng, X.-B. Ding, F. Lv et al., “Study on the effect of intervention about acquired immunodeficiency syndrome among men who have sex with men,” Chinese Journal of Epidemiology, vol. 30, no. 1, pp. 18–20, 2009.
- L. Ouyang, L.-G. Feng, X.-B. Ding et al., “A respondent-driven sampling survey on HIV and risk factors among men who have sex with men in Chongqing,” Chinese Journal of Epidemiology, vol. 30, no. 10, pp. 1001–1004, 2009.
- K. Wang, H. Yan, Y. Liu, Z. Leng, B. Wang, and J. Zhao, “Increasing prevalence of HIV and syphilis but decreasing rate of self-reported unprotected anal intercourse among men who had sex with men in Harbin, China: results of five consecutive surveys from 2006 to 2010,” International Journal of Epidemiology, vol. 41, no. 2, Article ID dyr182, pp. 423–432, 2012.
- H. L. Tang and F. Lu, “Sex network and HIV transmission,” Chinese Journal of AIDS & STD, vol. 12, pp. 373–375, 2006.
- N. Crepaz, G. Marks, A. Liau et al., “Prevalence of unprotected anal intercourse among HIV-diagnosed MSM in the United States: a meta-analysis,” AIDS, vol. 23, no. 13, pp. 1617–1629, 2009.
- L. Zhang, E. P. Chow, and D. P. Wilson, “Distributions and trends in sexual behaviors and HIV incidence among men who have sex with men in China,” BMC Public Health, vol. 12, article 546, 2012.
- X. Li, A. H. Xing, W. H. Chang, M. Cui, H. Jia, and Q. Ren, “Analysis on AIDS surveillance on MSM in Xi'an, 2003–2008,” Chinese Journal of Disease Control and Prevention, vol. 13, pp. 442–444, 2009.
- T. J. Finlayson, B. Le, A. Smith et al., “HIV risk, prevention, and testing behaviors among men who have sex with men—national HIV behavioral surveillance system, 21 U.S. cities, United States, 2008,” Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report, vol. 60, no. 14, pp. 1–34, 2011.
- C. Beyrer, S. D. Baral, F. van Griensven, et al., “Global epidemiology of HIV infection in men who have sex with men,” The Lancet, vol. 380, no. 9839, pp. 367–377, 2012.
- F. Zhang, Z. Dou, Y. Ma et al., “Five-year outcomes of the China National Free Antiretroviral Treatment Program,” Annals of Internal Medicine, vol. 151, no. 4, pp. 241–251, 2009.
- E. J. Mmbaga, A. Hussain, G. H. Leyna et al., “Trends in HIV-1 prevalence and risk behaviours over 15 years in a rural population in Kilimanjaro region of Tanzania,” AIDS Research and Therapy, vol. 4, article 23, 2007.
- S. Liu, Q. X. Wang, L. Nan, et al., “The changing trends of HIV/AIDS in an ethnic minority region of China: modeling the epidemic in Liangshan prefecture, Sichuan Province,” Biomedical and Environmental Sciences, vol. 26, no. 7, pp. 562–570, 2013.
- L. Liu, M. Zhang, Z. P. Zhu, and H. J. Yan, “Analysis of surveillance data of AIDS sentinel points of MSM in Nanjing, 2009–2011,” Chinese Journal of AIDS & STD, vol. 19, pp. 36–38, 2013.
- A. Defraye, D. van Beckhoven, and A. Sasse, “Surveillance of sexually transmitted infections among persons living with HIV,” International Journal of Public Health, vol. 56, no. 2, pp. 169–174, 2011.