- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 813851, 8 pages
Health Care Reform: Understanding Individuals’ Attitudes and Information Sources
1Department of Communication Studies, Ball State University, Muncie, IN 47306, USA
2Department of Economics, Ball State University, Muncie, IN 47306, USA
3Global Health Institute, Ball State University, Muncie, IN 47306, USA
4Department of Physiology and Health Science, Ball State University, Muncie, IN 47306, USA
Received 23 February 2014; Accepted 29 May 2014; Published 19 June 2014
Academic Editor: Ramal Moonesinghe
Copyright © 2014 Carolyn K. Shue et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- The Kaiser Family Foundation, “Focus on health reform: summary of new health reform law,” 2011, http://kaiserfamilyfoundation.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/8061-021.pdf.
- R. Alonso-Zaldivar and T. Tompson, “Healthcare reform: Support for new law hits record high (POLL),” 2010, http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/06/17/health-care-reform-suppor_n_615590.html.
- The Kaiser Family Foundation, “How popular is the idea of repealing healthcare reform?” 2010, http://www.kff.org/kaiserpolls/upload/8114.pdf.
- J. Sabin, “Public attitudes towards the health reform law,” 2011, http://healthcareorganizationalethics.blogspot.com/2011/01/public-attitudes-towards-health-reform.html.
- The Kaiser Family Foundation, “Kaiser Health Tracking Poll—November 2011,” 2011, http://www.kff.org/kaiserpolls/8259.cfm.
- The Kaiser Family Foundation, “Kaiser Poll: Early Reaction to Supreme Court Decision on ACA,” 2012, http://kff.org/health-reform/poll-finding/kaiser-health-tracking-poll-early-reaction-to/.
- The Kaiser Family Foundation, “Kaiser Health Tracking Poll—November 2012,” 2012, http://kff.org/health-reform/poll-finding/kaiser-health-tracking-poll-november-2012/.
- The Kaiser Family Foundation, “Kaiser Health Tracking Poll—October 2013,” 2013, http://kff.org/health-reform/poll-finding/kaiser-health-tracking-poll-october-2013/.
- The Kaiser Family Foundation, “Health Tracking Poll: Exploring the Public’s Views on the Affordable Care Act (ACA),” 2014, http://kff.org/interactive/health-tracking-poll-exploring-the-publics-views-on-the-affordable-care-act-aca/.
- D. P. Kessler and D. W. Brady, “Putting the public's money where its mouth is,” Health Affairs, vol. 28, no. 5, pp. w917–w925, 2009.
- S. Singhal, J. Stueland, and D. Ungerman, “How US healthcare Reform will Affect Employee Benefits,” June 2011, http://www.mckinseyquarterly.com/Health_Care/Strategy_Analysis/How_US_health_care_reform_will_affect_employee_benefits_2813.
- K. Stremikis, K. Davis, and R. Nuzum, “Healthcare Opinion Leaders’ Views on Health Reform, Implementation, and Post-Reform Priorities,” April 2010, http://www.commonwealthfund.org/~/media/Files/Publications/Data%20Brief/2010/Apr/1387_Stremikis_HCOL_postreform_priorities_data_briefrev.pdf.
- M. Brodie, C. Deane, and S. Cho, “Regional variations in public opinion on the Affordable Care Act,” Journal of Health Politics, Policy and Law, vol. 36, no. 6, pp. 1097–1103, 2011.
- W. L. Bennett and R. M. Entman, Mediated Politics. Communication in the Future of Democracy, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK, 2001.
- J. Cho, “Political Ads and citizen communication,” Communication Research, vol. 35, no. 4, pp. 423–451, 2008.
- C. H. de Vreese and H. G. Boomgaarden, “Media message flows and interpersonal communication the conditional nature of effects on public opinion,” Communication Research, vol. 33, no. 1, pp. 19–37, 2009.
- T. R. Nixon and M. S. Aruguete, “Healthcare attitudes, knowledge, and decision making,” North American Journal of Psychology, vol. 12, no. 2, pp. 355–364, 2010.
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Health Resources and Services Administration Bureau of Health Professions, “The physician workforce: Projections and research into current issues affecting supply and demand,” 2008, http://bhpr.hrsa.gov/healthworkforce/reports/physwfissues.pdf.