- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 841958, 6 pages
A Novel Pedicle Screw with Mobile Connection: A Pilot Study
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Nihon University School of Medicine, 30-1 Oyaguchi-kamimachi,
Itabashi-ku, Tokyo 173-8610, Japan
Received 23 November 2013; Revised 22 January 2014; Accepted 28 January 2014; Published 3 March 2014
Academic Editor: Panagiotis Korovessis
Copyright © 2014 Yasuaki Tokuhashi et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- W. R. Sears, I. G. Sergides, N. Kazemi, M. Smith, G. J. White, and B. Osburg, “Incidence and prevalence of surgery at segments adjacent to a previous posterior lumbar arthrodesis,” Spine Journal, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 11–20, 2011.
- C. J. Siepe, H. M. Mayer, M. Heinz-Leisenheimer, and A. Korge, “Total lumbar disc replacement: different results for different levels,” Spine, vol. 32, no. 7, pp. 782–790, 2007.
- R. C. Sasso, D. M. Foulk, and M. Hahn, “Prospective, randomized trial of metal-on-metal artificial lumbar disc replacement: initial results for treatment of discogenic pain,” Spine, vol. 33, pp. 123–131, 2008.
- D. Grob, A. Benini, A. Junge, and A. F. Mannion, “Clinical experience with the dynesys semirigid fixation system for the lumbar spine: surgical and patient-oriented outcome in 50 cases after an average of 2 years,” Spine, vol. 30, no. 3, pp. 324–331, 2005.
- M. Kanayama, T. Hashimoto, K. Shigenobu, D. Togawa, and F. Oha, “A minimum 10-year follow-up of posterior dynamic stabilization using graf artificial ligament,” Spine, vol. 32, no. 18, pp. 1992–1996, 2007.
- F. M. Phillips, M. N. Tzermiadianos, L. I. Voronov et al., “Effect of the total facet arthroplasty system after complete iaminectomy-facetectomy on the biomechanics of implanted and adjacent segments,” Spine Journal, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 96–102, 2009.
- A. Kumar, J. Beastall, J. Hughes et al., “Disc changes in the bridged and adjacent segments after Dynesys dynamic stabilization system after two years,” Spine, vol. 33, no. 26, pp. 2909–2914, 2008.
- S. Imagama, N. Kawakami, Y. Matsubara, T. Kanemura, T. Tsuji, and T. Ohara, “Preventive effect of artificial ligamentous stabilization on the upper adjacent segment impairment following posterior lumbar interbody fusion,” Spine, vol. 34, no. 25, pp. 2775–2781, 2009.
- T. Kaner, S. Dalbayrak, T. Oktenoglu, M. Sasani, A. L. Aydin, and F. O. Ozer, “Comparison of posterior dynamic and posterior rigid transpedicular stabilization with fusion to treat degenerative spondylolisthesis,” Orthopedics, vol. 33, no. 5, article 309, 2010.
- W. Brodner, P. Bitzan, V. Meisinger, A. Kaider, F. Gottsauner-Wolf, and R. Kotz, “Elevated serum cobalt with metal-on-metal articulating surfaces,” Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery B, vol. 79, no. 2, pp. 316–321, 1997.
- J. L. Lee, F. Billi, S. N. Sangiorgio et al., “Wear of an experimental metal-on-metal artificial disc for the lumbar spine,” Spine, vol. 33, no. 6, pp. 597–606, 2008.
- I. Busscher, A. J. van der Veen, J. H. van Dieen, I. Kingma, G. J. Verkerke, and A. G. Veldhuizen, “In Vitro biomechanical characteristics of the spine: a comparison between human and porcine spinal segments,” Spine, vol. 35, no. 2, pp. E35–E42, 2010.
- M. D. Rackham, T. P. Cundy, G. Antoniou, B. J. C. Freeman, L. M. Sutherland, and P. J. Cundy, “Predictors of serum chromium levels after stainless steel posterior spinal instrumentation for adolescent idiopathic scoliosis,” Spine, vol. 35, no. 9, pp. 975–982, 2010.
- T. P. Cundy, G. Antoniou, L. M. Sutherland, et al., “Serumtitanium, niobium, and aluminum levels after instrumented spinal arthrodesis in children,” Spine, vol. 38, pp. 564–570, 2013.