- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 947506, 6 pages
Heterogeneous Downregulation of Angiotensin II AT1-A and AT1-B Receptors in Arterioles in STZ-Induced Diabetic Rat Kidneys
1Department of Pathology, University of Szeged, Hungary
2Department of Pediatrics, University of Szeged, Állomás Utca 2, Szeged 6725, Hungary
3Department of Physiology, Anatomy and Neuroscience, University of Szeged, Hungary
4Electron Microscopy and Stereology Research Laboratory, University of Aarhus, Denmark
Received 3 April 2013; Revised 1 August 2013; Accepted 31 October 2013; Published 21 January 2014
Academic Editor: Richard Tucker
Copyright © 2014 Zsolt Razga et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- W. J. Arendshorst, K. Brännström, and X. Ruan, “Actions of angiotensin II on the renal microvasculature,” Journal of the American Society of Nephrology, vol. 10, supplement 11, pp. S149–S161, 1999.
- Z. Razga and J. R. Nyengaard, “Up- and down-regulation of angiotensin II AT1-A and AT1-B receptors in afferent and efferent rat kidney arterioles,” Journal of the Renin-Angiotensin-Aldosterone System, vol. 9, no. 4, pp. 196–201, 2008.
- L. Rosivall, Z. Rázga, S. Mirzahosseini, and L. Tornóci, “Endothelial permeability of the afferent arteriole and its changes as the result of alteration in the activity of the renin-angiotensin system,” Journal of the American Society of Nephrology, vol. 10, supplement 11, pp. S172–S177, 1999.
- C. Wagner and A. Kurtz, “Effects of candesartan on the renin system in conscious rats,” Journal of the American Society of Nephrology, vol. 10, no. 1, pp. S169–S171, 1999.
- J. J. Kang, I. Toma, A. Sipos, E. J. Meer, S. L. Vargas, and J. Peti-Peterdi, “The collecting duct is the major source of prorenin in diabetes,” Hypertension, vol. 51, no. 6, pp. 1597–1604, 2008.
- J. Peti-Peterdi, J. J. Kang, and I. Toma, “Activation of the renal renin-angiotensin system in diabetes—new concepts,” Nephrology Dialysis Transplantation, vol. 23, no. 10, pp. 3047–3049, 2008.
- A. Ribeiro-Oliveira Jr., A. I. Nogueira, R. M. Pereira, W. W. Vilas Boas, R. A. Souza dos Santos, and A. C. Simões e Silva, “The renin-angiotensin system and diabetes: an update,” Vascular Health and Risk Management, vol. 4, no. 4, pp. 787–803, 2008.
- Z. Razga and J. R. Nyengaard, “A stereologic approach to estimate the number of immunogold-labeled molecules in cells of tubules,” Analytical and Quantitative Cytology and Histology, vol. 28, no. 1, pp. 54–60, 2006.
- J. R. Nyengaard, “Stereologic methods and their application in kidney research,” Journal of the American Society of Nephrology, vol. 10, no. 5, pp. 1100–1123, 1999.
- R. Osterby, H.-J. Bagstad, G. Nyberg, J. D. Walker, and G. C. Viberti, “A quantitative ultrastructural study of juxtaglomerular arterioles in IDDM patients with micro- and normoalbuminuria,” Diabetologia, vol. 38, no. 11, pp. 1320–1327, 1995.
- Z. Razga and J. R. Nyengaard, “Estimation of the number of angiotensin II AT1 receptors in rat kidney afferent and efferent arterioles,” Analytical and Quantitative Cytology and Histology, vol. 29, no. 4, pp. 208–216, 2007.
- A. Ichihara, M. Hayashi, Y. Kaneshiro et al., “Inhibition of diabetic nephropathy by a decoy peptide corresponding to the “handle” region for nonproteolytic activation of prorenin,” Journal of Clinical Investigation, vol. 114, no. 8, pp. 1128–1135, 2004.
- G. Nickenig, J. Röling, K. Strehlow, P. Schnabel, and M. Böhm, “Insulin induces upregulation of vascular receptor gene expression by posttranscriptional mechanisms,” Circulation, vol. 98, no. 22, pp. 2453–2460, 1998.
- G. Nickenig and M. Bohm, “Interaction between insulin and AT1 receptor. Relevance for hypertension and arteriosclerosis,” Basic Research in Cardiology, Supplement, vol. 93, no. 1, pp. 135–139, 1998.
- S. Park, B. J. Bivona, and L. M. Harrison-Bernard, “Compromised renal microvascular reactivity of angiotensin type 1 double null mice,” American Journal of Physiology—Renal Physiology, vol. 293, no. 1, pp. F60–F67, 2007.
- H. Kobori, M. Nangaku, L. G. Navar, and A. Nishiyama, “The intrarenal renin-angiotensin system: from physiology to the pathobiology of hypertension and kidney disease,” Pharmacological Reviews, vol. 59, no. 3, pp. 251–287, 2007.
- Y. Ren, J. L. Garvin, and O. A. Carretero, “Efferent arteriole tubuloglomerular feedback in the renal nephron,” Kidney International, vol. 59, no. 1, pp. 222–229, 2001.
- M. C. Prieto-Carrasquero, H. Kobori, Y. Ozawa, A. Gutiérrez, D. Seth, and L. G. Navar, “AT1 receptor-mediated enhancement of collecting duct renin in angiotensin II-dependent hypertensive rats,” American Journal of Physiology—Renal Physiology, vol. 289, no. 3, pp. F632–F637, 2005.