- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Biochemistry Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 141469, 15 pages
A Quantitative Structure-Activity Relationship and Molecular Modeling Study on a Series of Heteroaryl- and Heterocyclyl-Substituted Imidazo[1,2-a]Pyridine Derivatives Acting as Acid Pump Antagonists
1Department of Biotechnology, Meerut Institute of Engineering and Technology, Meerut 250005, India
2Department of Pharmaceutical Technology and Department of Applied Sciences, Meerut Institute of Engineering and Technology, Meerut 250005, India
Received 24 June 2013; Accepted 29 July 2013
Academic Editor: R. J. Linhardt
Copyright © 2013 Neeraj Agarwal et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. Yeo, K. D. Kim, I. S. Chung, S. B. Moon, K. S. Song, and K. B. Hahm, “The novel acid pump antagonists for anti-secretory actions with their peculiar applications beyond acid suppression,” Journal of Clinical Biochemistry and Nutrition, vol. 38, no. 8, pp. 1–8, 2006.
- P. J. Zimmermann, W. Buhr, C. Brehm et al., “Novel indanyl-substituted imidazo[1,2-a]pyridines as potent reversible inhibitors of the gastric H+/K+-ATPase,” Bioorganic and Medicinal Chemistry Letters, vol. 17, no. 19, pp. 5374–5378, 2007.
- M. R. S. Nayana, Y. N. Sekhar, H. Nandyala et al., “Insight into the structural requirements of proton pump inhibitors based on CoMFA and CoMSIA studies,” Journal of Molecular Graphics and Modelling, vol. 27, no. 10, pp. 233–243, 2008.
- N. Bailey, M. J. Bamford, D. Brissy et al., “Orally active C-6 heteroaryl- and heterocyclyl-substituted imidazo[1,2-a]pyridine acid pump antagonists (APAs),” Bioorganic and Medicinal Chemistry Letters, vol. 19, no. 5, pp. 3602–3606, 2009.
- R. Fass, M. Shapiro, R. Dekel, and J. Sewell, “Systematic review: proton-pump inhibitor failure in gastro-oesophageal reflux disease—where next?” Alimentary Pharmacology and Therapeutics, vol. 22, no. 15, pp. 79–94, 2005.
- K. Andersson and E. Carlsson, “Potassium-competitive acid blockade: a new therapeutic strategy in acid-related diseases,” Pharmacology and Therapeutics, vol. 108, no. 13, pp. 294–307, 2005.
- P. J. Zimmermann, C. Brehm, W. Buhr, A. M. Palmer, J. Volz, and W. Simon, “Novel imidazo[1,2-a]pyrazine derivatives as potent reversible inhibitors of the gastric H+/K+-ATPase,” Bioorganic and Medicinal Chemistry, vol. 16, no. 6, pp. 536–541, 2008.
- T. Panchal, N. Bailey, M. Bamford et al., “Evaluation of basic, heterocyclic ring systems as templates for use as potassium competitive acid blockers (pCABs),” Bioorganic and Medicinal Chemistry Letters, vol. 19, no. 5, pp. 6813–6817, 2009.
- J. Mössner and K. Caca, “Developments in the inhibition of gastric acid secretion,” European Journal of Clinical Investigation, vol. 35, no. 8, pp. 469–475, 2005.
- C. Scarpignato and R. H. Hunt, “Proton pump inhibitors: the beginning of the end or the end of the beginning?” Current Opinion in Pharmacology, vol. 8, no. 6, pp. 677–684, 2008.
- S. P. Gupta, QSAR and Molecular Modeling, Anamaya Publishers, New Delhi, India, 2011.
- P. Lindberg, A. Brandstrom, B. Wallmark, H. Mattsson, L. Rikner, and K.-J. Hoffmann, “Omeprazole: the first proton pump inhibitor,” Medicinal Research Reviews, vol. 10, no. 1, pp. 1–54, 1990.
- T. N. Ojha, R. C. Sharma, and P. Singh, “Quantitative structure-activity relationship study of 2-[2-benzimidazolylsulphinyl)methyl]-aniline inhibitors of H+/K+ ATPase,” Drug Design and Delivery, vol. 6, no. 4, pp. 289–296, 1990.
- P. Singh, R. C. Sharma, and T. N. Ojha, “Quantitative structure-activity relationship studies of inhibitors of gastric (H+/K+)-ATPase,” Drug Design and Delivery, vol. 7, no. 2, pp. 131–138, 1991.
- T. N. Ojha, P. Singh, and R. C. Sharma, “Structure-activity relationship studies of 4-substituted-2-guanidinothiazoles: reversible inhibitors of gastric (H+/K+)-ATPase,” Indian Journal of Biochemistry and Biophysics, vol. 30, no. 4, pp. 239–243, 1993.
- B. E. Grünheidt and Y. Takahata, “QSAR study of anti-ulcer compounds using calculated parameters,” Journal of Molecular Structure, vol. 539, no. 7, pp. 245–251, 2001.
- B. E. Grünheidt and Y. Takahata, “The 4-indolyl-2-guanidinothiazoles QSAR study of anti-ulcer activity using quantum descriptors,” Journal of Molecular Structure, vol. 580, no. 8, pp. 263–270, 2002.
- P. Sharma, S. Singh, T. I. Siddiqui et al., “α-amino acid derivatives as proton pump inhibitors and potent anti-ulcer agents,” European Journal of Medicinal Chemistry, vol. 42, no. 3, pp. 386–393, 2007.
- N. Agarwal, A. Bajpai, V. Srivastava, et al., “A quantitative structure-activity relationship and molecular modeling study on a series of biaryl imidazole derivatives acting as H+K+-ATPase inhibitors,” Structural Biology, vol. 2013, Article ID 810691, 11 pages, 2013.