- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Clinical and Developmental Immunology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 762874, 7 pages
Automatic Reading of ANCA-Slides: Evaluation of the AKLIDES System
Laboratory of Clinical Immunology, Maastricht University Medical Center, P. Debyelaan 25, 6229 HX Maastricht, The Netherlands
Received 2 October 2012; Accepted 10 October 2012
Academic Editor: Dimitrios P. Bogdanos
Copyright © 2012 Jan Damoiseaux et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. W. Cohen Tervaert and J. Damoiseaux, “Antineutrophil cytoplasmic autoantibodies: how are they detected and what is their use for diagnosis, classification and follow-up?” Clinical Reviews in Allergy and Immunology. In press.
- J. F. Fries, G. G. Hunder, D. A. Bloch et al., “The American college of rheumatology 1990 criteria for the classification of vasculitis: summary,” Arthritis and Rheumatism, vol. 33, no. 8, pp. 1135–1136, 1990.
- J. C. Jennette, R. J. Falk, K. Andrassy et al., “Nomenclature of systemic vasculitides: proposal of an international consensus conference,” Arthritis and Rheumatism, vol. 37, no. 2, pp. 187–192, 1994.
- R. Watts, S. Lane, T. Hanslik et al., “Development and validation of a consensus methodology for the classification of the ANCA-associated vasculitides and polyarteritis nodosa for epidemiological studies,” Annals of the Rheumatic Diseases, vol. 66, no. 2, pp. 222–227, 2007.
- J. Savige, D. Gillis, E. Benson et al., “International consensus statement on testing and reporting of antineutrophil cytoplasmic antibodies (ANCA),” American Journal of Clinical Pathology, vol. 111, no. 4, pp. 507–513, 1999.
- H. K. Choi, S. Liu, P. A. Merkel, G. A. Colditz, and J. L. Niles, “Diagnostic performance of antineutrophil cytoplasmic antibody tests for idiopathic vasculitides: metaanalysis with a focus on antimyeloperoxidase antibodies,” Journal of Rheumatology, vol. 28, no. 7, pp. 1584–1590, 2001.
- E. P. Gall, “Immunotesting for diagnosis in rheumatic diseases,” Archives of Internal Medicine, vol. 149, no. 11, pp. 2401–2402, 1989.
- R. Hiemann, T. Büttner, T. Krieger, D. Roggenbuck, U. Sack, and K. Conrad, “Challenges of automated screening and differentiation of non-organ specific autoantibodies on HEp-2 cells,” Autoimmunity Reviews, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 17–22, 2009.
- J. G. M. C. Damoiseaux, M. C. Slot, M. Vaessen, C. A. Stegeman, P. Van Paassen, and J. W. C. Tervaert, “Evaluation of a new fluorescent-enzyme immuno-assay for diagnosis and follow-up of ANCA-associated vasculitis,” Journal of Clinical Immunology, vol. 25, no. 3, pp. 202–208, 2005.
- M. V. Talor, J. H. Stone, J. Stebbing, J. Barin, N. R. Rose, and C. L. Burek, “Antibodies to selected minor target antigens in patients with anti-neutrophil cytoplasmic antibodies (ANCA),” Clinical and Experimental Immunology, vol. 150, no. 1, pp. 42–48, 2007.
- A. Melegari Bonaguri C, A. Russo, B. Luisita, T. Trenti, and G. Lippi, “A comparative study on the reliability of an automated system for the evaluation of cell-based indirect immunofluorescence,” Autoimmunity Reviews, vol. 11, pp. 713–716, 2012.
- J. G. M. C. Damoiseaux and J. W. Cohen Tervaert, “From ANA to ENA: how to proceed?” Autoimmunity Reviews, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 10–17, 2006.
- J. Damoiseaux, J. Austen, and J. W. Cohen Tervaert, “ANCA diagnostics in clinical practice: new developments,” in Advances in the Diagnosis and Treatment of Vasculitis, L. M. Amezcua-Guerra, Ed., pp. 3–18, Intech, Rijeka, Croatia, 2012.
- P. Vermeersch, D. Blockmans, and X. Bossuyt, “Use of likelihood ratios can improve the clinical usefulness of enzyme immunoassays for the diagnosis of small-vessel vasculitis,” Clinical Chemistry, vol. 55, no. 10, pp. 1886–1888, 2009.
- R. Birck, W. H. Schmitt, I. A. Kaelsch, and F. J. Van Der Woude, “Serial ANCA determinations for monitoring disease activity in patients with ANCA-associated vasculitis: systematic review,” American Journal of Kidney Diseases, vol. 47, no. 1, pp. 15–23, 2006.
- G. Tomasson, P. C. Grayson, A. D. Mahr, M. LaValley, and P. A. Merkel, “Value of ANCA measurements during remission to predict a relapse of ANCA-associated vasculitis—a meta-analysis,” Rheumatology, vol. 51, pp. 100–109, 2012.
- M. M. Boomsma, J. G. M. C. Damoiseaux, C. A. Stegeman et al., “Image analysis: a novel approach for the quantification of antineutrophil cytoplasmic antibody levels in patients with Wegener's granulomatosis,” Journal of Immunological Methods, vol. 274, no. 1-2, pp. 27–35, 2003.