- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Clinical and Developmental Immunology
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 270878, 6 pages
The Correlations of Disease Activity, Socioeconomic Status, Quality of Life, and Depression/Anxiety in Chinese Patients with Systemic Lupus Erythematosus
1Department of Nursing, The Second Affiliated Hospital of Nantong University, Nantong, Jiangsu 226001, China
2School of Nursing, Nantong University, Nantong, Jiangsu 226001, China
3Department of Rheumatology, The Affiliated Hospital of Nantong University, Nantong, Jiangsu 226001, China
Received 14 April 2013; Accepted 9 June 2013
Academic Editor: Guixiu Shi
Copyright © 2013 Biyu Shen et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. H. B. Benedict, J. L. Shucard, R. Zivadinov, and D. W. Shucard, “Neuropsychological impairment in systemic lupus erythematosus: a comparison with multiple sclerosis,” Neuropsychology Review, vol. 18, no. 2, pp. 149–166, 2008.
- M. Petri, M. Naqibuddin, K. A. Carson et al., “Depression and cognitive impairment in newly diagnosed systemic lupus erythematosus,” Journal of Rheumatology, vol. 37, no. 10, pp. 2032–2038, 2010.
- G. Marian, E. A. Nica, B. E. Ionescu, and D. G. Carlogea, “Depression as an initial feature of systemic lupus erythematosus? A case report,” Journal of Medicine and Life, vol. 3, no. 2, pp. 183–185, 2010.
- H. Ainiala, J. Loukkola, J. Peltola, M. Korpela, and A. Hietaharju, “The prevalence of neuropsychiatric syndromes in systemic lupus erythematosus,” Neurology, vol. 57, no. 3, pp. 496–500, 2001.
- Z. S. Meszaros, A. Perl, and S. V. Faraone, “Psychiatric symptoms in systemic lupus erythematosus: a systematic review,” Journal of Clinical Psychiatry, vol. 73, no. 7, pp. 993–1001, 2012.
- C. M. Greco, T. Li, A. Sattar et al., “Association between depression and vascular disease in systemic lupus erythematosus,” Journal of Rheumatology, vol. 39, no. 2, pp. 262–268, 2012.
- T. A. Lisitsyna, D. I. Vel'tishchev, O. F. Seravina et al., “Prevalence of mental disorders in SLE patients: correlations with the disease activity and comorbid chronic conditions,” Terapevticheskiǐ Arkhiv, vol. 81, no. 6, pp. 10–16, 2009.
- L. F. Xie, P. L. Chen, H. F. Pan, et al., “Prevalence and correlates of suicidal ideation in SLE inpatients: Chinese experience,” Rheumatology International, vol. 32, no. 9, pp. 2707–2714, 2012.
- Z. Zakeri, M. Shakiba, B. Narouie, N. Mladkova, M. Ghasemi-Rad, and A. Khosravi, “Prevalence of depression and depressive symptoms in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus: Iranian experience,” Rheumatology International, vol. 32, no. 5, pp. 1179–1187, 2012.
- C. C. Mok, “Epidemiology and survival of systemic lupus erythematosus in Hong Kong Chinese,” Lupus, vol. 20, no. 7, pp. 767–771, 2011.
- A. Mak, C. Tang, and R. Ho, “Serum tumour necrosis factor-alpha is associated with poor health-related quality of life and depressive symptoms in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus,” Lupus, vol. 22, no. 3, pp. 254–261, 2013.
- S. Pettersson, M. Lovgren, L. E. Eriksson, et al., “An exploration of patient-reported symptoms in systemic lupus erythematosus and the relationship to health-related quality of life,” Scandinavian Journal of Rheumatology, vol. 41, no. 5, pp. 383–390, 2012.
- T. O. Utset, S. Chohan, S. A. Booth, J. C. Laughlin, M. Kocherginsky, and A. Schmitz, “Correlates of formal work disability in an urban university systemic lupus erythematosus practice,” Journal of Rheumatology, vol. 35, no. 6, pp. 1046–1052, 2008.
- H.-C. Huang, C.-T. Chou, K.-C. Lin, and Y.-F. C. Chao, “The relationships between disability level, health-promoting lifestyle, and quality of life in outpatients with systemic lupus erythematosus,” The Journal of Nursing Research, vol. 15, no. 1, pp. 21–32, 2007.
- V. Lorant, D. Deliège, W. Eaton, A. Robert, P. Philippot, and M. Ansseau, “Socioeconomic inequalities in depression: a meta-analysis,” American Journal of Epidemiology, vol. 157, no. 2, pp. 98–112, 2003.
- S. Stringhini, S. Sabia, M. Shipley et al., “Association of socioeconomic position with health behaviors and mortality,” Journal of the American Medical Association, vol. 303, no. 12, pp. 1159–1166, 2010.
- L.-S. Tam, A. Wong, V. C. T. Mok et al., “The relationship between neuropsychiatric, clinical, and laboratory variables and quality of life of Chinese patients with systemic lupus erythematosus,” Journal of Rheumatology, vol. 35, no. 6, pp. 1038–1045, 2008.
- M. C. Hochberg, “Updating the American College of Rheumatology revised criteria for the classification of systemic lupus erythematosus,” Arthritis and Rheumatism, vol. 40, no. 9, p. 1725, 1997.
- W. W. Zung, “A rating instrument for anxiety disorders,” Psychosomatics, vol. 12, no. 6, pp. 371–379, 1971.
- W. W. Zung, “A self-rating depression scale,” Archives of General Psychiatry, vol. 12, pp. 63–70, 1965.
- H. B. M. S. Paro, N. M. O. Morales, C. H. M. Silva et al., “Health-related quality of life of medical students,” Medical Education, vol. 44, no. 3, pp. 227–235, 2010.
- M. Lemstra, C. Neudorf, C. D'Arcy, A. Kunst, L. M. Warren, and N. R. Bennett, “A systematic review of depressed mood and anxiety by SES in youth aged 10–15 years,” Canadian Journal of Public Health, vol. 99, no. 2, pp. 125–129, 2008.
- R. J. Turner and D. A. Lloyd, “The stress process and the social distribution of depression,” Journal of Health and Social Behavior, vol. 40, no. 4, pp. 374–404, 1999.
- S. A. Stansfeld, J. Head, and M. G. Marmot, “Explaining social class differences in depression and well-being,” Social Psychiatry and Psychiatric Epidemiology, vol. 33, no. 1, pp. 1–9, 1998.
- J. P. Mackenbach, A. E. Kunst, A. E. J. M. Cavelaars, F. Groenhof, and J. J. M. Geurts, “Socioeconomic inequalities in morbidity and mortality in western Europe,” The Lancet, vol. 349, no. 9066, pp. 1655–1659, 1997.
- L. A. Criswell and P. P. Katz, “Relationship of education level to treatment received for rheumatoid arthritis,” Journal of Rheumatology, vol. 21, no. 11, pp. 2026–2033, 1994.
- A. Waheed, K. Hameed, A. M. Khan, J. A. Syed, and A. I. Mirza, “The burden of anxiety and depression among patients with chronic rheumatologic disorders at a tertiary care hospital clinic in Karachi, Pakistan,” Journal of the Pakistan Medical Association, vol. 56, no. 5, pp. 243–247, 2006.
- E. A. Bachen, M. A. Chesney, and L. A. Criswell, “Prevalence of mood and anxiety disorders in women with systemic lupus erythematosus,” Arthritis Care and Research, vol. 61, no. 6, pp. 822–829, 2009.
- S. E. Walker, K. L. Smarr, J. C. Parker, et al., “Mood states and disease activity in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus treated with bromocriptine,” Lupus, vol. 9, no. 7, pp. 527–533, 2000.
- F. G. Nery, E. F. Borba, J. P. Hatch, et al., “Major depressive disorder and disease activity in systemic lupus erythematosus,” Compr Psychiatry, vol. 48, no. 1, pp. 14–19, 2007.
- M. Funauchi, C. Tamaki, T. Yamagata et al., “Quality of life in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus—preliminary survey using a short questionnaire,” Japanese Journal of Clinical Immunology, vol. 28, no. 1, pp. 40–47, 2005.