- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Clinical and Developmental Immunology
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 637513, 6 pages
Interleukin-15 (IL-15) and Anti-C1q Antibodies as Serum Biomarkers for Ectopic Pregnancy and Missed Abortion
1Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Thessaly Medical School, University Hospital Larissa, Biopolis, 41110 Larissa, Greece
2Division of Pediatric, Adolescent Gynecology and Reconstructive Surgery, 2nd Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Medical School, University of Athens and Aretaieion Hospital, Vasilisis Sofias 76, 11528 Athens, Greece
3Department of Clinical Chemistry, University of Thessaly Medical School, University Hospital Larissa, Biopolis, 41110 Larissa, Greece
4Department of Hygiene and Epidemiology, University of Thessaly Medical School, University Hospital Larissa, 6 Lapithon Street, Biopolis, 41221 Larissa, Greece
Received 3 November 2012; Accepted 25 November 2012
Academic Editor: Dimitrios P. Bogdanos
Copyright © 2013 Alexandros Daponte et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. L. Shaw, E. P. Diamandis, A. W. Horne, K. Barnhart, T. Bourne, and I. E. Messinis, “Ectopic pregnancy,” Clinical Chemistry, vol. 58, pp. 1278–1285, 2012.
- N. M. van Mello, F. Mol, W. M. Ankum, B. W. Mol, F. van der Veen, and P. J. Hajenius, “Ectopic pregnancy: how the diagnostic and therapeutic management has changed,” Fertility and Sterility, vol. 98, pp. 1066–1073, 2012.
- A. Daponte, S. Pournaras, N. P. Polyzos et al., “Soluble FMS-like tyrosine kinase-1 (sFlt-1) and serum placental growth factor (PlGF) as biomarkers for ectopic pregnancy and missed abortion,” Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism, vol. 96, pp. E1444–E1451, 2011.
- A. Daponte, M. Spyridakis, M. Ioannou et al., “Live birth after laparotomy for concurrent heterotopic pregnancy and appendicitis in a 6 weeks IVF pregnancy,” Archives of Gynecology and Obstetrics, vol. 275, no. 5, pp. 397–399, 2007.
- J. Verhaegen, I. D. Gallos, N. M. van Mello et al., “Accuracy of single progesterone test to predict early pregnancy outcome in women with pain or bleeding: meta-analysis of cohort studies,” British Medical Journal, vol. 345, Article ID e6077, 2012.
- S. Vassiliadis, A. Ranella, L. Papadimitriou, A. Makrygiannakis, and I. Athanassakis, “Serum levels of pro- and anti-inflammatory cytokines in non-pregnant women, during pregnancy, labour and abortion,” Mediators of Inflammation, vol. 7, no. 2, pp. 69–72, 1998.
- S. K. Dey, H. Lim, S. K. Das et al., “Molecular cues to implantation,” Endocrine Reviews, vol. 25, pp. 341–373, 2004.
- E. Dimitriadis, C. A. White, R. L. Jones, and L. A. Salamonsen, “Cytokines, chemokines and growth factors in endometrium related to implantation,” Human Reproduction Update, vol. 11, pp. 613–630, 2005.
- G. Girardi, Z. Prohaszka, R. Bulla, F. Tedesco, and S. Scherjon, “Complement activation in animal and human pregnancies as a model for immunological recognition,” Molecular Immunology, vol. 48, pp. 1621–1630, 2011.
- M. Mosca, F. Strigini, A. Doria et al., “Anti-C1q antibodies in pregnant patients with systemic lupus erythematosus,” Clinical and Experimental Rheumatology, vol. 25, no. 3, pp. 449–452, 2007.
- C. Agostinis, R. Bulla, C. Tripodo et al., “An alternative role of C1q in cell migration and tissue remodeling: contribution to trophoblast invasion and placental development,” Journal of Immunology, vol. 185, no. 7, pp. 4420–4429, 2010.
- K. Kitaya, J. Yasuda, I. Yagi, Y. Tada, S. Fushiki, and H. Honjo, “IL-15 expression at human endometrium and decidua,” Biology of Reproduction, vol. 63, no. 3, pp. 683–687, 2000.
- B. Toth, T. Haufe, C. Scholz et al., “Placental interleukin-15 expression in recurrent miscarriage,” American Journal of Reproductive Immunology, vol. 64, no. 6, pp. 402–410, 2010.
- V. Stoyanova, S. Petrova, M. Tchorbadjieva, B. Deliyska, V. Vasilev, and I. Tsacheva, “New insight into the autoimmunogenicity of the complement protein C1q,” Molecular Immunology, vol. 48, no. 4, pp. 678–682, 2011.
- M. R. Daha, “Pathogenic role of auto-antibodies against complement components in systemic lupus erythematosus,” Lupus, vol. 17, no. 5, pp. 385–388, 2008.
- R. Flierman and M. R. Daha, “Pathogenic role of anti-C1q autoantibodies in the development of lupus nephritis—a hypothesis,” Molecular Immunology, vol. 44, pp. 133–138, 2007.
- C. E. Siegert, M. D. Kazatchkine, A. Sjoholm, R. Wurzner, M. Loos, and M. R. Daha, “Autoantibodies against C1q: view on clinical relevance and pathogenic role,” Clinical & Experimental Immunology, vol. 116, pp. 4–8, 1999.
- Y. Shoenfeld, M. Szyper-Kravitz, T. Witte et al., “Autoantibodies against protective molecules—C1q, C-reactive protein, serum amyloid P, mannose-binding lectin, and apolipoprotein A1: prevalence in systemic lupus erythematosus,” Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences, vol. 1108, pp. 227–239, 2007.
- E. Potlukova, J. Jiskra, Z. Limanova et al., “Autoantibodies against complement C1q correlate with the thyroid function in patients with autoimmune thyroid disease,” Clinical & Experimental Immunology, vol. 153, no. 1, pp. 96–101, 2008.
- E. Potlukova and P. Kralikova, “Complement component C1q and anti-C1q antibodies in theory and in clinical practice,” Scandinavian Journal of Immunology, vol. 67, no. 5, pp. 423–430, 2008.
- J. Hustin, E. Jauniaux, and J. P. Schaaps, “Histological study of the materno-embryonic interface in spontaneous abortion,” Placenta, vol. 11, no. 6, pp. 477–486, 1990.
- B. Kemp, S. Kertschanska, S. Handt, A. Funk, P. Kaufmann, and W. Rath, “Different placentation patterns in viable compared with nonviable tubal pregnancy suggest a divergent clinical management,” American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol. 181, no. 3, pp. 615–620, 1999.
- A. Daponte, S. Pournaras, E. Zintzaras et al., “The value of a single combined measurement of VEGF, glycodelin, progesterone, PAPP-A, HPL and LIF for differentiating between ectopic and abnormal intrauterine pregnancy,” Human Reproduction, vol. 20, no. 11, pp. 3163–3166, 2005.
- A. Daponte, E. Deligeoroglou, S. Pournaras, et al., “Angiopoietin-1 and Angiopoietin-2 as serum biomarkers for ectopic pregnancy and missed abortion. A case-control study,” Clinica Chimica Acta, vol. 415, pp. 145–151, 2013.