- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Current Gerontology and Geriatrics Research
Volume 2010 (2010), Article ID 989315, 9 pages
Predicting Successful Aging in a Population-Based Sample of Georgia Centenarians
1Genetics Department, University of Georgia, Athens, GA 30602, USA
2Tulane Center for Aging and Department of Medicine, Tulane University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, LA 70112, USA
3Institute of Gerontology, University of Georgia, Athens, GA 30602, USA
4Department of Food and Nutrition, College of Family and Consumer Sciences, University of Georgia, Athens, GA 30602, USA
5Survey Research Center, Institute for Social Research, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48106, USA
6The College of Saint Scholastica, Duluth, MN 55811, USA
7Gerontology Program, Iowa State University, Ames, IA 50011, USA
8School of Family Studies and Human Services, Kansas State University, Manhattan, KS 66506, USA
9College of Health Professions, Temple University, Philadelphia, PA 19122, USA
10Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Duke University, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Received 18 January 2010; Accepted 26 July 2010
Academic Editor: Donald Craig Willcox
Copyright © 2010 Jonathan Arnold et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [8 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Jean-Jacques Monsuez, Aude Gesquière-Dando, and Sofia Rivera, “Cardiovascular Prevention of Cognitive Decline,” Cardiology Research and Practice, vol. 2011, pp. 1–7, 2011.
- Hyunjee Kim, Taeyong Lee, Sokgoo Lee, Keonyeop Kim, Sungkook Lee, Sin Kam, Sangnam Ahn, Jinmyoung Cho, and Marcia G. Ory, “Factors Associated with ADL and IADL Dependency among Korean Centenarians: Reaching the 100-Year-Old Life Transition,” The International Journal of Aging and Human Development, vol. 74, no. 3, pp. 243–264, 2012.
- Adam Davey, Uday Lele, Merrill F. Elias, Gregory A. Dore, Ilene C. Siegler, Mary A. Johnson, Dorothy B. Hausman, J. Lisa Tenover, and Leonard W. Poon, “Diabetes mellitus in centenarians,” Journal of the American Geriatrics Society, vol. 60, no. 3, pp. 468–473, 2012.
- R. Rabuñal, R. Monte, E. Casariego, S. Pita, S. Pertega, and M. Bal, “Valoración de actividades básicas de la vida diaria y de deterioro cognitivo en centenarios: concordancia entre las escalas utilizadas,” Revista de Calidad Asistencial, vol. 27, no. 1, pp. 44–49, 2012.
- Alyson Haslam, Dorothy B. Hausman, Mary Ann Johnson, Adam Davey, Leonard W. Poon, Robert H. Allen, and Sally P. Stabler, “Prevalence and predictors of anemia in a population-based study of octogenarians and centenarians in Georgia,” Journals of Gerontology - Series A Biological Sciences and Medical Sciences, vol. 67, no. 1, pp. 100–106, 2012.
- Meghan B. Mitchell, L. Stephen Miller, John L. Woodard, Adam Davey, Peter Martin, and Leonard W. Poon, “Norms from the Georgia Centenarian Study: Measures of verbal abstract reasoning, fluency, memory, and motor function,” Aging, Neuropsychology, and Cognition, vol. 20, no. 5, pp. 620–637, 2013.
- Adam Davey, Ting Dai, John L. Woodard, L. Stephen Miller, Yasuyuki Gondo, Mary Ann Johnson, Dorothy B. Hausman, Peter Martin, Robert C. Green, Robert H. Allen, Sally P. Stabler, and Leonard W. Poon, “Profiles of Cognitive Functioning in a Population-Based Sample of Centenarians Using Factor Mixture Analysis,” Experimental Aging Research, vol. 39, no. 2, pp. 125–144, 2013.
- Matthew R. Carey, Embry M. Howell, and Megan Colleen McHugh, “Emergency Department Use by Centenarians: The 2008 Nationwide Emergency Department Sample,” Preventing Chronic Disease, vol. 10, 2013.