- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Current Gerontology and Geriatrics Research
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 412536, 6 pages
Aging and Down Syndrome
1Department of Molecular and Biomedical Pharmacology, Sanders-Brown Center on Aging, University of Kentucky, 800 South Limestone Street, Lexington, KY 40536, USA
2Kennedy Krieger Institute, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 707 N. Broadway, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
3Eleanor Roosevelt Institute and the Department of Biological Sciences, University of Denver, 2101 E. Wesley Avenue, Denver, CO 80208, USA
4Department of Pediatrics and Neurology, School of Medicine, University of California-Irvine (UCI), 101 The City Dr. ZC 4482, Orange, CA 92868, USA
Received 15 May 2012; Accepted 15 May 2012
Copyright © 2012 Elizabeth Head et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [16 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Ana M. Cardenas, Alvaro O. Ardiles, Natalia Barraza, Ximena Baez-Matus, and Pablo Caviedes, “Role of Tau Protein in Neuronal Damage in Alzheimer's Disease and Down Syndrome,” Archives Of Medical Research, vol. 43, no. 8, pp. 645–654, 2012.
- Giovanna Cenini, Ada Fiorini, Rukhsana Sultana, Marzia Perluigi, Jian Cai, Jon B. Klein, Elizabeth Head, and D. Allan Butterfield, “An Investigation of the Molecular Mechanisms Engaged Prior and Subsequent to the Development of Alzheimer Disease Neuropathology in Down Syndrome: A Proteomics Approach,” Free Radical Biology and Medicine, 2014.
- Dean Hartley, Thomas Blumenthal, Maria Carrillo, Gilbert DiPaolo, Lucille Esralew, Katheleen Gardiner, Ann-Charlotte Granholm, Khalid Iqbal, Michael Krams, Cynthia Lemere, Ira Lott, William Mobley, Seth Ness, Ralph Nixon, Huntington Potter, Roger Reeves, Marwan Sabbagh, Wayne Silverman, Benjamin Tycko, Michelle Whitten, and Thomas Wisniewski, “Down syndrome and Alzheimer's disease: Common pathways, common goals,” Alzheimer's & Dementia, 2014.
- Venusia Covelli, Paolo Meucci, Alberto Raggi, Giulia Fontana, and Matilde Leonardi, “A Pilot Study on Function and Disability of Aging People with Down Syndrome in Italy,” Journal of Policy and Practice in Intellectual Disabilities, 2015.
- Nicole Schupf, Annie Lee, Naeun Park, Lam-Ha Dang, Deborah Pang, Alexander Yale, David Kyung-Taek Oh, Sharon J. Krinsky-McHale, Edmund C. Jenkins, José A. Luchsinger, Warren B. Zigman, Wayne Silverman, Benjamin Tycko, Sergey Kisselev, Lorraine Clark, and Joseph H. Lee, “Candidate genes for Alzheimer’s disease are associated with individual differences in plasma levels of beta amyloid peptides in adults with Down syndrome,” Neurobiology of Aging, 2015.
- Andrea Romano, Riccardo Cornia, Marta Moraschi, Alessandro Bozzao, Laura Chiacchiararelli, Valeria Coppola, Cristina Iani, Giacomo Stella, Giorgio Albertini, and Alberto Pierallini, “Age-Related Cortical Thickness Reduction in Non-Demented Down's Syndrome Subjects,” Journal of Neuroimaging, 2015.
- Aleksandra Gruszecka, Przemysław Kopczyński, Dorota Cudziło, Natalia Lipińska, Aleksandra Romaniuk, Wojciech Barczak, Natalia Rozwadowska, Ewa Totoń, and Błażej Rubiś, “Telomere Shortening in Down Syndrome Patients—When Does It Start?,” DNA and Cell Biology, pp. 150318121959001, 2015.
- Dean Nizetic, Christopher L. Chen, Wanjin Hong, and Edward H. Koo, “Inter-Dependent Mechanisms Behind Cognitive Dysfunction, Vascular Biology and Alzheimer's Dementia in Down Syndrome: Multi-Faceted Roles of APP,” Frontiers in Behavioral Neuroscience, vol. 9, 2015.
- Donna M. Wilcock, Frederick A. Schmitt, and Elizabeth Head, “Cerebrovascular contributions to aging and Alzheimer's disease in Down syndrome,” Biochimica et Biophysica Acta (BBA) - Molecular Basis of Disease, 2015.
- Jin-Ding Lin, Lan-Ping Lin, Shang-Wei Hsu, Wen-Xiu Chen, Fu-Gong Lin, Jia-Ling Wu, and Cordia Chu, “Are early onset aging conditions correlated to daily activity functions in youth and adults with Down syndrome?,” Research in Developmental Disabilities, vol. 36, pp. 532–536, 2015.
- Andrea Romano, Marta Moraschi, Riccardo Cornia, Alessandro Bozzao, Olga Gagliardo, Laura Chiacchiararelli, Cristina Iani, Giacomo Stella, Giorgio Albertini, and Alberto Pierallini, “Age effects on cortical thickness in young Down’s syndrome subjects: a cross-sectional gender study,” Neuroradiology, 2015.
- Eric D. Hamlett, Heather A. Boger, Aurelie Ledreux, Christy M. Kelley, Elliott J. Mufson, Maria F. Falangola, David N. Guilfoyle, Ralph A. Nixon, David Patterson, Nathan Duval, and Ann-Charlotte E. Granholm, “Cognitive Impairment, Neuroimaging, and Alzheimer Neuropathology in Mouse Models of Down Syndrome,” Current Alzheimer Research, vol. 13, no. 1, pp. 35–52, 2015.
- Amelia J. Anderson-Mooney, Frederick A. Schmitt, Elizabeth Head, Ira T. Lott, and Kenneth M. Heilman, “Gait dyspraxia as a clinical marker of cognitive decline in Down syndrome: A review of theory and proposed mechanisms,” Brain and Cognition, vol. 104, pp. 48–57, 2016.
- Pavel V. Belichenko, Rime Madani, Lorianne Rey-Bellet, Maria Pihlgren, Ann Becker, Adeline Plassard, Stephanie Vuillermot, Valerie Giriens, Rachel L. Nosheny, Alexander M. Kleschevnikov, Janice S. Valletta, Sara K. S. Bengtsson, Gordon R. Linke, Michael T. Maloney, David T. Hickman, Pedro Reis, Anne Granet, Dorin Mlaki, Maria Pilar Lopez-Deber, Long Do, Nishant Singhal, Eliezer Masliah, Matthew L. Pearn, Andrea Pfeifer, Andreas Muhs, and William C. Mobley, “An Anti-beta-Amyloid Vaccine for Treating Cognitive Deficits in a Mouse Model of Down Syndrome,” Plos One, vol. 11, no. 3, 2016.
- Malvin Janal, Maria Carmona-Iragui, Bessy Benejam, Ronald G. Craig, Deepak Saxena, Patricia Corby, Lidia Glodzik, Kumar Raghava Chowdary Annam, Miriam Robbins, Mony J. de Leon, Angela R. Kamer, Juan O. Fortea, Sebastià Videla, and Angela Mayoral, “Periodontal disease's contribution to Alzheimer's disease progression in Down syndrome,” Alzheimer's & Dementia: Diagnosis, Assessment & Disease Monitoring, 2016.
- Maria Florencia Iulita, Filippo Caraci, and Augusto Claudio Cuello, “A Link Between Nerve Growth Factor Metabolic Deregulation and Amyloid-beta-Driven Inflammation in Down Syndrome,” Cns & Neurological Disorders-Drug Targets, vol. 15, no. 4, pp. 434–447, 2016.