- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Current Gerontology and Geriatrics Research
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 420637, 7 pages
The Theory and Practice of Active Aging
Department of Medicine, Stanford University School of Medicine, 1000 Welch Road, Suite 203, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA
Received 17 April 2012; Revised 18 September 2012; Accepted 1 October 2012
Academic Editor: Alan Walker
Copyright © 2012 James F. Fries. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [5 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Stephane Noble, Emilia Frangos, Nikolaos Samaras, Christophe Ellenberger, Caroline Frangos, Mustafa Cikirikcioglu, Karim Bendjelid, Angela Frei, Patrick Myers, Marc Licker, and Marco Roffi, “Transcatheter aortic valve implantation in nonagenarians: Effective and safe,” European Journal of Internal Medicine, vol. 24, no. 8, pp. 750–755, 2013.
- Constança Paúl, Laetitia Teixeira, and Oscar Ribeiro, “Positive Aging Beyond “Success”: Towards a More Inclusive Perspective of High Level Functioning in Old Age,” Educational Gerontology, pp. 150804084728001, 2015.
- Kirsi K. Rantanen, Timo E. Strandberg, Sari S. Stenholm, Arto Y. Strandberg, Kaisu H. Pitkälä, Veikko V. Salomaa, and Reijo S. Tilvis, “Clinical and laboratory characteristics of active and healthy aging (AHA) in octogenarian men,” Aging Clinical and Experimental Research, 2015.
- Erika Johansson, Raymond Dahlberg, Hans Jonsson, and Ann-Helen Patomella, “Does a Falls Prevention Program Impact Perceived Participation in Everyday Occupations? A Pilot Randomized Controlled Trial,” Otjr-Occupation Participation And Health, vol. 35, no. 4, pp. 204–212, 2015.
- James F. Fries, “Perspectives From Masters in Rheumatology and Autoimmunity: Perspectives on the Conventional Wisdom,” Arthritis & Rheumatology, vol. 67, no. 11, pp. 2806–2812, 2015.