- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Current Gerontology and Geriatrics Research
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 864516, 6 pages
Association between Physical Functionality and Falls Risk in Community-Living Older Adults
1Faculty of Health, University of Canberra, Canberra, ACT 2601, Australia
2Faculty of Applied Science, University of Canberra, Canberra, ACT 2601, Australia
3Centre for Research and Action in Public Health, University of Canberra, Canberra, ACT 2601, Australia
Received 5 June 2012; Revised 1 November 2012; Accepted 6 November 2012
Academic Editor: Fulvio Lauretani
Copyright © 2012 Disa J. Smee et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [11 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Bethany Simmonds, Kenneth Fox, Mark Davis, Po-Wen Ku, Selena Gray, Melvyn Hillsdon, Debbie Sharp, Afroditi Stathi, Janice Thompson, Joanna Coulson, and Tanya Trayers, “Objectively Assessed Physical Activity and Subsequent Health Service Use of UK Adults Aged 70 and Over: A Four to Five Year Follow Up Study,” Plos One, vol. 9, no. 5, 2014.
- Nathalie Vande Walle, Cindy Kenis, Pieter Heeren, Katrien Van Puyvelde, Lore Decoster, Ingo Beyer, Godelieve Conings, Johan Flamaing, Jean-Pierre Lobelle, Hans Wildiers, and Koen Milisen, “Fall predictors in older cancer patients: a multicenter prospective study,” Bmc Geriatrics, vol. 14, 2014.
- Steven M. Albert, Jennifer King, and Robert M. Keene, “Assessment of an Interactive Voice Response System for Identifying Falls in a Statewide Sample of Older Adults,” Preventive Medicine, 2014.
- Jia Hu, Qinghua Xia, Yu Jiang, Peng Zhou, and Yuhua Li, “Risk factors of indoor fall injuries in community-dwelling older women: A prospective cohort study,” Archives of Gerontology and Geriatrics, 2014.
- Francisco Álvarez Barbosa, Borja del Pozo-Cruz, Jesús del Pozo-Cruz, Rosa M. Alfonso-Rosa, Borja Sañudo Corrales, and Michael E. Rogers, “Factors Associated with the Risk of Falls of Nursing Home Residents Aged 80 or Older,” Rehabilitation Nursing, 2015.
- Hai Qiu, and Shuping Xiong, “Center-of-pressure based postural sway measures: Reliability and ability to distinguish between age, fear of falling and fall history,” International Journal of Industrial Ergonomics, vol. 47, pp. 37–44, 2015.
- Ana Carolina Kanitz, Rodrigo Sudatti Delevatti, Thais Reichert, Giane Veiga Liedtke, Rodrigo Ferrari, Bruna Pereira Almada, Stephanie Santana Pinto, Cristine Lima Alberton, and Luiz Fernando Martins Kruel, “Effects of two deep water training programs on cardiorespiratory and muscular strength responses in older adults,” Experimental Gerontology, 2015.
- D. Smee, K. Pumpa, M. Falchi, and F. E. Lithander, “The relationship between diet quality and falls risk, physical function and body composition in older adults,” Journal Of Nutrition Health & Aging, vol. 19, no. 10, pp. 1037–1042, 2015.
- Anam Zia, S. Kamaruzzaman, Phyo Kyaw Myint, and M.P. Tan, “Anticholinergic burden is associated with recurrent and injurious falls in older individuals,” Maturitas, 2015.
- Devinder K. A. Singh, Sharmila G. K. Pillai, Sin Thien Tan, Chu Chiau Tai, and Suzana Shahar, “Association between physiological falls risk and physical performance tests among community-dwelling older adults,” Clinical Interventions In Aging, vol. 10, pp. 1319–1326, 2015.
- Yanan Zhao, and Pak-Kwong Chung, “Differences in Functional Fitness Among Older Adults With and Without Risk of Falling,” Asian Nursing Research, 2016.