- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Current Gerontology and Geriatrics Research
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 986823, 13 pages
Alzheimer's Disease Promotion by Obesity: Induced Mechanisms—Molecular Links and Perspectives
1Medico-Surgical Sciences and Biotechnologies, Sapienza University of Rome, Corso della Repubblica 79, 04100 Latina, Italy
2Department of Experimental Medicine, Sapienza University of Rome, Viale Regina Elena 324, 00161 Rome, Italy
3Department of Anatomy, Histology, Forensic Medicine and Orthopedics, Sapienza University of Rome, Viale Regina Elena 336, 00161 Rome, Italy
4Department of Surgery “P. Valdoni,” Sapienza University of Rome, Via A. scarpa 14, 00161 Rome, Italy
Received 26 February 2012; Accepted 10 April 2012
Academic Editor: Fabio Coppedè
Copyright © 2012 Rita Businaro et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [13 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Rita Businaro, “Neuroimmunology of the Atherosclerotic Plaque: A Morphological Approach,” Journal of Neuroimmune Pharmacology, vol. 8, no. 1, pp. 15–27, 2012.
- Ian James Martins, Andrea. C. Wilson, Wei Ling Florence Lim, Simon. M. Laws, Stephanie. J. Fuller, and Ralph Nigel Martins, “Sirtuin-1 mediates the obesity induced risk of common degenerative diseases: Alzheimer’s disease, coronary artery disease and type 2 diabetes,” Health, vol. 04, no. 12, pp. 1448–1456, 2012.
- Mak Adam Daulatzai, “Neurotoxic Saboteurs: Straws that Break the Hippo’s (Hippocampus) Back Drive Cognitive Impairment and Alzheimer’s Disease,” Neurotoxicity Research, 2013.
- Flora Ippoliti, Nicoletta Canitano, and Rita Businaro, “Stress and Obesity as Risk Factors in Cardiovascular Diseases: A Neuroimmune Perspective,” Journal of Neuroimmune Pharmacology, vol. 8, no. 1, pp. 212–226, 2013.
- David Chun-Hei Poon, Yuen-Shan Ho, Kin Chiu, and Raymond Chuen-Chung Chang, “Cytokines: How important are they in mediating sickness?,” Neuroscience and Biobehavioral Reviews, vol. 37, no. 1, pp. 1–10, 2013.
- G. M. Troili, R. Businaro, F. Massoni, L. Ricci, L. Petrone, P. Ricci, and S. Ricci, “Investigation on a group of autistic children: risk factors and medical social considerations,” Clinica Terapeutica, vol. 164, no. 4, pp. E273–E278, 2013.
- Juvenal A. Ríos, Pedro Cisternas, Marco Arrese, Salesa Barja, and Nibaldo C. Inestrosa, “Is Alzheimer's Disease related to Metabolic Syndrome? A Wnt Signaling Conundrum,” Progress in Neurobiology, 2014.
- Lindsay J. Spielman, Jonathan P. Little, and Andis Klegeris, “Inflammation and insulin/IGF-1 resistance as the possible link between obesity and neurodegeneration,” Journal of Neuroimmunology, 2014.
- Ilse A.C. Arnoldussen, Amanda J. Kiliaan, and Deborah R. Gustafson, “Obesity and dementia: Adipokines interact with the brain,” European Neuropsychopharmacology, 2014.
- Fei Yin, Harsh Sancheti, Zhigang Liu, and Enrique Cadenas, “Mitochondrial function in ageing: coordination with signalling and transcriptional pathways,” The Journal of Physiology, 2015.
- Wen Dong, Rong Wang, Li-Na Ma, Bao-Lei Xu, Jing-Shuang Zhang, Zhi-Wei Zhao, Yu-Lan Wang, and Xu Zhang, “Influence of age-related learning and memory capacity of mice: different effects of a high and low caloric diet,” Aging Clinical and Experimental Research, 2015.
- Gjumrakch Aliev, Jesus Daza, Arturo Solis Herrera, Maria del Carmen Arias Esparza, Ludis Morales, Valentina Echeverria, Sergey Olegovich Bachurin, and George Emilio Barreto, “Nanoparticles as Alternative Strategies for Drug Delivery to the Alzheimer Brain: Electron Microscopy Ultrastructural Analysis,” Cns & Neurological Disorders-Drug Targets, vol. 14, no. 9, pp. 1235–1242, 2015.
- N.P. Catoira, F. Tapajóz, R.F. Allegri, J. Lajfer, M.J. Rodríguez Cámara, M.L. Iturry, and G.O. Castaño, “Obesity, metabolic profile, and inhibition failure: Young women under scrutiny,” Physiology & Behavior, 2016.