- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Current Gerontology and Geriatrics Research
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 298012, 4 pages
Active Aging: A Global Goal
1Department of Psychobiology and Health, Autonomous University of Madrid, 28049 Madrid, Spain
2French National Institute of Health and Medical Research, Paris, France
3Sheffield University, South Yorkshire, UK
4International Longevity Center, Brazil
Received 9 December 2012; Accepted 9 December 2012
Copyright © 2013 Rocío Fernández-Ballesteros et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [11 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Christa Scheidt-Nave, Timo Hinrichs, Andreas Mergenthaler, Janine Stein, Steffi G. Riedel-Heller, and Eva Grill, “Indicators for Healthy Ageing - A Debate,” International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, vol. 10, no. 12, pp. 6630–6644, 2013.
- Aske Juul Lassen, and Tiago Moreira, “Unmaking old age: Political and cognitive formats of active ageing,” Journal of Aging Studies, vol. 30, pp. 33–46, 2014.
- Sara Zaniboni, Donald M. Truxillo, Franco Fraccaroli, Elizabeth A. McCune, and Marilena Bertolino, “Who benefits from more tasks? Older versus younger workers,” Journal of Managerial Psychology, vol. 29, no. 5, pp. 508–523, 2014.
- Helena Kisvetrová, and Paulína Valášková, “Regular physical activity amongst Czech and Slovak older adults – A pilot study,” Kontakt, 2014.
- Emmanuelle Bélanger, Tamer Ahmed, Johanne Filiatrault, Hsiu-Ting Yu, and Maria Victoria Zunzunegui, “An Empirical Comparison of Different Models of Active Aging in Canada: The International Mobility in Aging Study,” The Gerontologist, pp. gnv126, 2015.
- Andreas Kruse, and Eric Schmitt, “Shared Responsibility and Civic Engagement in Very Old Age,” Research in Human Development, vol. 12, no. 1-2, pp. 133–148, 2015.
- D. Stensvold, H. Viken, O. Rognmo, E. Skogvoll, S. Steinshamn, L. J. Vatten, J. S. Coombes, S. A. Anderssen, J. Magnussen, J. E. Ingebrigtsen, M. A. Fiatarone Singh, A. Langhammer, A. Stoylen, J. L. Helbostad, and U. Wisloff, “A randomised controlled study of the long-term effects of exercise training on mortality in elderly people: study protocol for the Generation 100 study,” BMJ Open, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. e007519–e007519, 2015.
- Maria Conceição Pinto Antunes, “Educar para un envejecimiento exitoso: reflexiones y propuestas de acción,” Teoría de la Educación. Revista Interuniversitaria, vol. 27, no. 2, pp. 185, 2015.
- Sebastià March, Elena Torres, María Ramos, Joana Ripoll, Atanasio García, Oana Bulilete, David Medina, Clara Vidal, Elena Cabeza, Micaela Llull, Edurne Zabaleta-del-Olmo, José Manuel Aranda, Silvia Sastre, and Joan Llobera, “Adult community health-promoting interventions in Primary Health Care: A systematic review,” Preventive Medicine, 2015.
- V. N. Salkov, R. M. Khudoerkov, D. N. Voronkov, and N. S. Noss, “Morphological parameters of the heterogeneity of the substantia nigra in elderly men and women,” Arkhiv patologii, vol. 77, no. 4, pp. 51, 2015.
- Neyda Ma Mendoza-Ruvalcaba, and Elva Dolores Arias-Merino, “"I am active": effects of a program to promote active aging,” Clinical Interventions In Aging, vol. 10, pp. 829–837, 2015.