- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 274629, 7 pages
Friend Turns Foe: Transformation of Anti-Inflammatory HDL to Proinflammatory HDL during Acute-Phase Response
1Tata Proteomics and Coagulation Unit, Thrombosis Research Institute, Bangalore, India
2Narayana Hrudayalaya Hospital, Bangalore, India
3Thrombosis Research Institute, London, UK
Received 31 August 2010; Accepted 1 November 2010
Academic Editor: Jeffrey Cohn
Copyright © 2011 Hima Bindu G et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [21 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- A. Hovland, K. T. Lappegård, and T. E. Mollnes, “LDL Apheresis and Inflammation - Implications for Atherosclerosis,” Scandinavian Journal of Immunology, vol. 76, no. 3, pp. 229–236, 2012.
- P.P. Söderholm, G. Alfthan, M.J. Tikkanen, and H. Adlercreutz, “Rye bread intake improves oxidation resistance of LDL in healthy humans,” Atherosclerosis, vol. 221, no. 2, pp. 583–586, 2012.
- Kathleen M. Azzam, and Michael B. Fessler, “Crosstalk between reverse cholesterol transport and innate immunity,” Trends in Endocrinology & Metabolism, vol. 23, no. 4, pp. 169–178, 2012.
- Alain Mange, Aurelie Goux, Stephanie Badiou, Laure Patrier, Bernard Canaud, Thierry Maudelonde, Jean-Paul Cristol, and Jerome Solassol, “HDL Proteome in Hemodialysis Patients: A Quantitative Nanoflow Liquid Chromatography-Tandem Mass Spectrometry Approach,” Plos One, vol. 7, no. 3, 2012.
- Alireza Rezazadeh, Razieh Yazdanparast, and Mahsa Molaei, “Amelioration of diet-induced nonalcoholic steatohepatitis in rats by Mn-salen complexes via reduction of oxidative stress,” Journal of Biomedical Science, vol. 19, no. 1, 2012.
- Esin Eren, Necat Yilmaz, and Ozgur Aydin, “High density lipoprotein and it's dysfunction,” Open Biochemistry Journal, vol. 6, pp. 78–93, 2012.
- Céline Verdier, Laurent O. Martinez, Jean Ferrières, Meyer Elbaz, Annelise Genoux, and Bertrand Perret, “Targeting high-density lipoproteins: Update on a promising therapy,” Archives of Cardiovascular Diseases, 2013.
- Heidi T. May, John R. Nelson, Krishnaji R. Kulkarni, Jeffrey L. Anderson, Benjamin D. Horne, Tami L. Bair, and Joseph B. Muhlestein, “A new ratio for better predicting future death/myocardial infarction than standard lipid measurements in women > 50 years undergoing coronary angiography: the apolipoprotein A1 remnant ratio (Apo A1/[VLDL3+IDL]),” Lipids In Health And Disease, vol. 12, 2013.
- T. Bacchetti, A. Campanati, G. Ferretti, O. Simonetti, G. Liberati, and A.M. Offidani, “Oxidative stress and psoriasis: the effect of antitumour necrosis factor-α inhibitor treatment,” British Journal of Dermatology, vol. 168, no. 5, pp. 984–989, 2013.
- Ju-Yi Hsieh, Chiz-Tzung Chang, Max T. Huang, Chia-Ming Chang, Chia-Ying Chen, Ming-Yi Shen, Hsin-Yi Liao, Guei-Jane Wang, Chu-Huang Chen, Chao-Jung Chen, and Chao-Yuh Yang, “Biochemical and Functional Characterization of Charge-Defined Subfractions of High-Density Lipoprotein From Normal Adults,” Analytical Chemistry, vol. 85, no. 23, pp. 11440–11448, 2013.
- Dalila Fernandes, Ines Tomada, Delminda Neves, Joao Tiago Guimaraes, and Henrique Almeida, “Energy restriction ameliorates metabolic syndrome-induced cavernous tissue structural modifications in aged rats,” Age, vol. 35, no. 5, pp. 1721–1739, 2013.
- Joanna Banach, and Wladyslaw Sinkiewicz, “Cholesterol HDL - friend or foe?,” Kardiologia Polska, vol. 71, no. 3, pp. 290–294, 2013.
- S. Sini, D. Deepa, S. Harikrishnan, and N. Jayakumari, “Evidence for an exclusive association of matrix metalloproteinase-9 with dysfunctional high-density lipoprotein: A novel finding,” Atherosclerosis, vol. 236, no. 1, pp. 162–168, 2014.
- Elizabeth J. Reverri, Brian M. Morrissey, Carroll E. Cross, and Francene M. Steinberg, “Inflammation, Oxidative Stress, and Cardiovascular Disease Risk Factors in Adults with Cystic Fibrosis,” Free Radical Biology and Medicine, 2014.
- Claudia Martelli, Federica Iavarone, Federica Vincenzoni, Diana Valeria Rossetti, Luca D'Angelo, Gianpiero Tamburrini, Massimo Caldarelli, Concezio Di Rocco, Irene Messana, Massimo Castagnola, and Claudia Desiderio, “Proteomic characterization of pediatric craniopharyngioma intracystic fluid by LC-MS top-down/bottom-up integrated approaches,” Electrophoresis, vol. 35, no. 15, pp. 2172–2183, 2014.
- Caique Silveira Martins da Fonseca, Adenor Almeida Pimenta Filho, Bianka Santana dos Santos, Cesar Augusto da Silva, Ana Lucia Coutinho Domingues, James Stuart Owen, and Vera Lucia de Menezes Lima, “Human Plasma Lipid Modulation in Schistosomiasis Mansoni Depends on Apolipoprotein E Polymorphism,” Plos One, vol. 9, no. 7, 2014.
- Audrey Cougnard-Gregoire, Marie-Noelle Delyfer, Jean-Francois Korobelnik, Marie-Benedicte Rougier, Melanie Le Goff, Jean-Francois Dartigues, Pascale Barberger-Gateau, and Cecile Delcourt, “Elevated High-Density Lipoprotein Cholesterol and Age-Related Macular Degeneration: The Alienor Study,” Plos One, vol. 9, no. 3, 2014.
- Corina Serban, Danina Muntean, Dimitri P Mikhailids, Peter P Toth, and Maciej Banach, “Dysfunctional HDL: the journey from savior to slayer,” Clinical Lipidology, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 49–59, 2014.
- Sandra Parra, Antoni Castro, and Luis Masana, “The pleiotropic role of HDL in autoimmune diseases,” Clínica e Investigación en Arteriosclerosis, 2014.
- Andrei Maiseyeu, Hui-Yu Yang, Gajalakshmi Ramanathan, Fen Yin, Robert L. Bard, Masako Morishita, J. Timothy Dvonch, Lu Wang, Catherine Spino, Bhramar Mukherjee, Marcus A. Badgeley, Alma Barajas-Espinosa, Qinghua Sun, Jack Harkema, Sanjay Rajagopalan, Jesus A. Araujo, and Robert D. Brook, “No effect of acute exposure to coarse particulate matter air pollution in a rural location on high-density lipoprotein function,” Inhalation Toxicology, vol. 26, no. 1, pp. 23–29, 2014.
- Giuseppina T. Russo, Annalisa Giandalia, Elisabetta L. Romeo, Angela Alibrandi, Katalin V. Horvath, Bela F. Asztalos, and Domenico Cucinotta, “Markers of Systemic Inflammation and Apo-AI Containing HDL Subpopulations in Women with and without Diabetes,” International Journal of Endocrinology, vol. 2014, pp. 1–9, 2014.