- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 274629, 7 pages
Friend Turns Foe: Transformation of Anti-Inflammatory HDL to Proinflammatory HDL during Acute-Phase Response
1Tata Proteomics and Coagulation Unit, Thrombosis Research Institute, Bangalore, India
2Narayana Hrudayalaya Hospital, Bangalore, India
3Thrombosis Research Institute, London, UK
Received 31 August 2010; Accepted 1 November 2010
Academic Editor: Jeffrey Cohn
Copyright © 2011 Hima Bindu G et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [13 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- A. Hovland, K. T. Lappegård, and T. E. Mollnes, “LDL Apheresis and Inflammation - Implications for Atherosclerosis,” Scandinavian Journal of Immunology, vol. 76, no. 3, pp. 229–236, 2012.
- P.P. Söderholm, G. Alfthan, M.J. Tikkanen, and H. Adlercreutz, “Rye bread intake improves oxidation resistance of LDL in healthy humans,” Atherosclerosis, vol. 221, no. 2, pp. 583–586, 2012.
- Kathleen M. Azzam, and Michael B. Fessler, “Crosstalk between reverse cholesterol transport and innate immunity,” Trends in Endocrinology & Metabolism, vol. 23, no. 4, pp. 169–178, 2012.
- Alain Mange, Aurelie Goux, Stephanie Badiou, Laure Patrier, Bernard Canaud, Thierry Maudelonde, Jean-Paul Cristol, and Jerome Solassol, “HDL Proteome in Hemodialysis Patients: A Quantitative Nanoflow Liquid Chrom atography-Tandem Mass Spectrometry Approach,” Plos One, vol. 7, no. 3, 2012.
- Alireza Rezazadeh, Razieh Yazdanparast, and Mahsa Molaei, “Amelioration of diet-induced nonalcoholic steatohepatitis in rats by Mn-salen complexes via reduction of oxidative stress,” Journal of Biomedical Science, vol. 19, no. 1, 2012.
- Céline Verdier, Laurent O. Martinez, Jean Ferrières, Meyer Elbaz, Annelise Genoux, and Bertrand Perret, “Targeting high-density lipoproteins: Update on a promising therapy,” Archives of Cardiovascular Diseases, 2013.
- Heidi T. May, John R. Nelson, Krishnaji R. Kulkarni, Jeffrey L. Anderson, Benjamin D. Horne, Tami L. Bair, and Joseph B. Muhlestein, “A new ratio for better predicting future death/myocardial infarction than s tandard lipid measurements in women > 50 years undergoing coronary angiogra phy: the apolipoprotein A1 remnant ratio (Apo A1/[VLDL3+IDL]),” Lipids in Health and Disease, vol. 12, 2013.
- T. Bacchetti, A. Campanati, G. Ferretti, O. Simonetti, G. Liberati, and A.M. Offidani, “Oxidative stress and psoriasis: the effect of antitumour necrosis factor-α inhibitor treatment,” British Journal of Dermatology, vol. 168, no. 5, pp. 984–989, 2013.
- Ju-Yi Hsieh, Chiz-Tzung Chang, Max T. Huang, Chia-Ming Chang, Chia-Ying Chen, Ming-Yi Shen, Hsin-Yi Liao, Guei-Jane Wang, Chao-Jung Chen, and Chao-Yuh Yang, “Biochemical and Functional Characterization of Charge-Defined Subfractions of High-Density Lipoprotein From Normal Adults,” Analytical Chemistry, vol. 85, no. 23, pp. 11440–11448, 2013.
- Dalila Fernandes, Joao Tiago Guimaraes, Henrique Almeida, and Delminda Neves, “Energy restriction ameliorates metabolic syndrome-induced cavernous tissue structural modifications in aged rats,” Age, vol. 35, no. 5, pp. 1721–1739, 2013.
- Joanna Banach, and Wladyslaw Sinkiewicz, “Cholesterol HDL - friend or foe?,” Kardiologia Polska, vol. 71, no. 3, pp. 290–294, 2013.
- Corina Serban, Danina Muntean, Dimitri P Mikhailids, Peter P Toth, and Maciej Banach, “Dysfunctional HDL: the journey from savior to slayer,” Clinical Lipidology, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 49–59, 2014.
- Andrei Maiseyeu, Hui-Yu Yang, Gajalakshmi Ramanathan, Fen Yin, Robert L. Bard, Masako Morishita, J. Timothy Dvonch, Lu Wang, Catherine Spino, Bhramar Mukherjee, Marcus A. Badgeley, Alma Barajas-Espinosa, Qinghua Sun, Jack Harkema, Sanjay Rajagopalan, and Jesus A. Araujo, “No effect of acute exposure to coarse particulate matter air pollution in a rural location on high-density lipoprotein function,” Inhalation Toxicology, vol. 26, no. 1, pp. 23–29, 2014.