- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 286875, 4 pages
Rosiglitazone and Fenofibrate Additive Effects on Lipids
1Cardiology Service, Brooke Army Medical Center, San Antonio, TX 78234-6200, USA
2Cardiology Service MCHE-MDC, Brooke Army Medical Center, 3851 Roger Brooke Drive, San Antonio, TX 78234-6200, USA
3Cardiology Service, Walter Reed Army Medical Center, Bethesda, MD 20889-5600, USA
Received 7 September 2011; Accepted 5 October 2011
Academic Editor: Jeffrey Cohn
Copyright © 2011 Ahmad Slim et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- C. M. O'Rourke, J. A. Davis, A. R. Saltiel, and J. A. Cornicelli, “Metabolic effects of troglitazone in the Goto-Kakizaki rat, a non-obese and normolipidemic rodent model of non-insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus,” Metabolism, vol. 46, no. 2, pp. 192–198, 1997.
- M.-K. Lee, P. D. Miles, M. Khoursheed, et al., “Metabolic effects of trogiltazone on fructose-induced insulin resistance in the rat,” Diabetes, vol. 43, pp. 1435–1439, 1995.
- T. P. Ciaraldi, A. Gilmore, J. M. Olefsky, M. Goldberg, and K. A. Heidenreich, “In vitro studies on the action of CS-045, a new antidiabetic agent,” Metabolism, vol. 39, no. 10, pp. 1056–1062, 1990.
- Troglitazone Study Group, “The metabolic effects of troglitazone in non-insulin dependent diabetes,” Diabetes, vol. 46, supplement 1, p. 149A, 1997.
- J. Coresh and P. O. Kwiterovich, “Small, dense low-density lipoprotein particles and coronary heart disease risk: a clear association with uncertain implications,” Journal of the American Medical Association, vol. 276, no. 11, pp. 914–915, 1996.
- M. J. Stampfer, R. M. Krauss, J. Ma et al., “A prospective study of triglyceride level, low-density lipoprotein particle diameter, and risk of myocardial infarction,” Journal of the American Medical Association, vol. 276, no. 11, pp. 882–888, 1996.
- C. D. Gardner, S. P. Fortmann, and R. M. Krauss, “Association of small low-density lipoprotein particles with the incidence of coronary artery disease in men and women,” Journal of the American Medical Association, vol. 276, no. 11, pp. 875–881, 1996.
- B. Staels, N. Vu-Dac, V. A. Kosykh et al., “Fibrates downregulate apolipoprotein C-III expression independent of induction of peroxisomal acyl coenzyme A oxidase. A potential mechanism for the hypolipidemic action of fibrates,” Journal of Clinical Investigation, vol. 95, no. 2, pp. 705–712, 1995.