- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 496925, 9 pages
The Role of High-Density Lipoproteins in Reducing the Risk of Vascular Diseases, Neurogenerative Disorders, and Cancer
1Department of Pathology, Faculty of Medical Sciences, University of the West Indies, Mona Campus, Kingston 7, Jamaica
2College of Health Sciences, University of Technology, 237 Old Hope Road, Kingston 6, Jamaica
3Principal's Office, University of Technology, 237 Old Hope Road, Kingston 6, Jamaica
4Department of Medicine, Faculty of Medical Sciences, University of the West Indies, Kingston 7, Jamaica
Received 4 September 2010; Accepted 4 November 2010
Academic Editor: Gerhard M. Kostner
Copyright © 2011 Donovan McGrowder et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [16 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Anna Passoja, Matti Knuuttila, Liisa Hiltunen, Riitta Karttunen, Onni Niemelä, Taina Raunio, Olli Vainio, Pirjo Hedberg, and Tellervo Tervonen, “Serum high-density lipoprotein cholesterol level associated with the extent of periodontal inflammation in type 1 diabetic subjects,” Journal of Clinical Periodontology, vol. 38, no. 12, pp. 1071–1077, 2011.
- Bradley Smith, and Hartmut Land, “Anticancer Activity of the Cholesterol Exporter ABCA1 Gene,” Cell Reports, vol. 2, no. 3, pp. 580–590, 2012.
- Michele L. Mietus-Snyder, Mark K. Shigenaga, Jung H. Suh, Swapna V. Shenvi, Ashutosh Lal, Tara McHugh, Don Olson, Joshua Lilienstein, Ronald M. Krauss, Ginny Gildengoren, Joyce C. McCann, and Bruce N. Ames, “A nutrient-dense, high-fiber, fruit-based supplement bar increases HDL chol esterol, particularly large HDL, lowers homocysteine, and raises glutathion e in a 2-wk trial,” Faseb Journal, vol. 26, no. 8, pp. 3515–3527, 2012.
- Marina G. Damiano, R. Kannan Mutharasan, Sushant Tripathy, Kaylin M. McMahon, and C. Shad Thaxton, “Templated high density lipoprotein nanoparticles as potential therapies and for molecular delivery,” Advanced Drug Delivery Reviews, 2012.
- Elias Rentoukas, Konstantinos Tsarouhas, Ioannis Kaplanis, Eleni Korou, Maria Nikolaou, George Marathonitis, Stavroula Kokkinou, Alexander Haliassos, Avgi Mamalaki, Demetrios Kouretas, and Christina Tsitsimpikou, “Connection between Telomerase Activity in PBMC and Markers of Inflammation and Endothelial Dysfunction in Patients with Metabolic Syndrome,” Plos One, vol. 7, no. 4, 2012.
- Paul T. Williams, “Low High-Density Lipoprotein 3 Reduces the Odds of Men Surviving to Age 85 During 53-Year Follow-Up,” Journal of the American Geriatrics Society, vol. 60, no. 3, pp. 430–436, 2012.
- Yukiko Morimoto, Brian E. Henderson, Laurence N. Kolonel, Gertraud Maskarinec, Shannon M. Conroy, Nicholas J. Ollberding, Susanne M. Henning, Adrian A. Franke, Lynne R. Wilkens, Marc T. Goodman, Brenda Y. Hernandez, and Loïc Le Marchand, “Erythrocyte membrane fatty acid composition, serum lipids, and non-Hodgkin's lymphoma risk in a nested case-control study: The multiethnic cohort,” Cancer Causes and Control, vol. 23, no. 10, pp. 1693–1703, 2012.
- Abdelouahed Khalil, Hicham Berrougui, Graham Pawelec, and Tamas Fulop, “Impairment of the ABCA1 and SR-BI-mediated cholesterol efflux pathways and HDL anti-inflammatory activity in Alzheimer's disease,” Mechanisms of Ageing and Development, vol. 133, no. 1, pp. 20–29, 2012.
- Thomas O. Obisesan, Richard F. Gillum, Stephanie Johnson, Nisser Umar, Deborah Williams, Vernon Bond, and John Kwagyan, “Neuroprotection and Neurodegeneration in Alzheimer’s Disease: Role of Cardiovascular Disease Risk Factors, Implications for Dementia Rates, and Prevention with Aerobic Exercise in African Americans,” International Journal of Alzheimer's Disease, vol. 2012, pp. 1–14, 2012.
- Esin Eren, Necat Yilmaz, and Ozgur Aydin, “High density lipoprotein and it's dysfunction,” Open Biochemistry Journal, vol. 6, pp. 78–93, 2012.
- Bahar Toptaş, Özlem Kurt, Hülya Yılmaz Aydoğan, Ilhan Yaylim, Ümit Zeybek, Ayse Can, Bedia Agachan, Mehmet Uyar, M. Kerem Özyavuz, and Turgay İsbir, “Investigation of the common paraoxonase 1 variants with paraoxonase activity on bone fragility in Turkish patients,” Molecular Biology Reports, 2013.
- Serkan Mutlu, Adem Parlak, Umit Aydogan, Aydogan Aydogdu, Bugra Soykut, Cemal Akay, Kenan Saglam, and Abdullah Taslipinar, “The effect of levothyroxine replacement therapy on lipid profile and oxidative stress parameters in patients with subclinical hypothyroid,” Archives of Pharmacal Research, 2013.
- Kazuhiko Kotani, Yoshitaka Sekine, Shizukiyo Ishikawa, Imoh Z. Ikpot, Kazuhiro Suzuki, and Alan T. Remaley, “High-Density Lipoprotein and Prostate Cancer: An Overview,” Journal of Epidemiology, 2013.
- Eileen Crimmins, “Not All Smokers Die Young: A Model for Hidden Heterogeneity within the Huma n Population,” Plos One, vol. 9, no. 2, 2014.
- Malkanthi Evans, Dale Wilson, and Najla Guthrie, “A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, pilot study to evaluate the effect of whole grape extract on antioxidant status and lipid profile,” Journal of Functional Foods, 2014.
- Arun Kumar, “Correlation of serum paraoxonase activities in known cases of 130 elderly hypertensive South Asian aged 56–64 years – a hospital based study,” Asian Pacific Journal of Tropical Disease, vol. 4, pp. S330–S335, 2014.