- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 503028, 8 pages
Methotrexate in Atherogenesis and Cholesterol Metabolism
1Department of Medicine, Division of Translational Medicine, New York University School of Medicine, NBV 16N1, 550 First Avenue, New York, NY 10016, USA
2Inflammation Section, Winthrop Research Institute, Department of Medicine, Winthrop University Hospital, 222 Station Plaza North, Suite 502, Mineola, NY 11501-3893, USA
Received 15 October 2010; Revised 11 January 2011; Accepted 11 January 2011
Academic Editor: M. Jauhiainen
Copyright © 2011 Eric Coomes et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [16 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Thibaut Quillard, and Peter Libby, “Molecular Imaging of Atherosclerosis for Improving Diagnostic and Therapeutic Development,” Circulation Research, vol. 111, no. 2, pp. 231–244, 2012.
- L. Esparza, J. De Haro, S. Bleda, and F. Acin, “Non-Fas(CD95/APO1)-mediated apoptosis of activated T cells inhibits the development of atherosclerosis,” Interactive CardioVascular and Thoracic Surgery, vol. 15, no. 3, pp. 340–343, 2012.
- Allison B. Reiss, and Bruce N. Cronstein, “Regulation of Foam Cells by Adenosine,” Arteriosclerosis Thrombosis and Vascular Biology, vol. 32, no. 4, pp. 879–886, 2012.
- Eugene Joseph Kucharz, “Chronic inflammation-enhanced atherosclerosis: Can we consider it as a new clinical syndrome?,” Medical Hypotheses, vol. 78, no. 3, pp. 396–397, 2012.
- Giuseppe Murdaca, Barbara Maria Colombo, Paola Cagnati, Rossella Gulli, Francesca Spanò, and Francesco Puppo, “Endothelial dysfunction in rheumatic autoimmune diseases,” Atherosclerosis, vol. 224, no. 2, pp. 309–317, 2012.
- O. Ahlehoff, L. Skov, G. Gislason, J. Lindhardsen, S. L. Kristensen, L. Iversen, S. Lasthein, R. Gniadecki, T. N. Dam, C. Torp-Pedersen, and P. R. Hansen, “Cardiovascular disease event rates in patients with severe psoriasis treated with systemic anti-inflammatory drugs: a Danish real-world cohort study,” Journal of Internal Medicine, vol. 273, no. 2, pp. 197–204, 2012.
- Cheng-Che E. Lan, Ying-Chin Ko, Hsin-Su Yu, Ching-Shuang Wu, Wan-Chen Li, Yi-Wei Lu, Yin-Chun Chen, Yi-Ying Chin, Yi-Hsin Yang, and Gwo-Shing Chen, “Methotrexate Reduces the Occurrence of Cerebrovascular Events among Taiwanese Psoriatic Patients: A Nationwide Population-based Study,” Acta Dermato-Venereologica, vol. 92, no. 4, pp. 349–352, 2012.
- Aurea Lima, Rita Azevedo, Hugo Sousa, Vítor Seabra, and Rui Medeiros, “ Current approaches for TYMS polymorphisms and their importance in molecular epidemiology and pharmacogenetics ,” Pharmacogenomics, vol. 14, no. 11, pp. 1337–1351, 2013.
- Mahesh J. Patel, and Michael A. Blazing, “Inflammation and Atherosclerosis: Disease Modulating Therapies,” Current Treatment Options in Cardiovascular Medicine, 2013.
- Edward P. Shapiro, and David E. Bush, “Visualizing Vulnerability,” Journal of the American College of Cardiology, vol. 61, no. 22, pp. 2306–2308, 2013.
- Dimitry A. Chistiakov, Igor A. Sobenin, and Alexander N. Orekhov, “Regulatory T cells in atherosclerosis and strategies to induce the endogenous atheroprotective immune response,” Immunology Letters, vol. 151, no. 1-2, pp. 10–22, 2013.
- Melissa Padovan, Fabrizio Vincenzi, Marcello Govoni, Alessandra Bortoluzzi, Pier Andrea Borea, and Katia Varani, “Adenosine and adenosine receptors in rheumatoid arthritis,” International Journal of Clinical Rheumatology, vol. 8, no. 1, pp. 13–25, 2013.
- Mary Chester M. Wasko, Abhijit Dasgupta, Helen Hubert, James F. Fries, and Michael M. Ward, “Propensity-adjusted association of methotrexate with overall survival in rheumatoid arthritis,” Arthritis & Rheumatism, vol. 65, no. 2, pp. 334–342, 2013.
- Maria Giulia Marini, Chiara Sonnino, and Marco Previtero, “Targeting Inflammation: Impact on Atherothrombosis,” Journal of Cardiovascular Translational Research, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 9–18, 2014.
- Justine M. Abais, Min Xia, Yang Zhang, Krishna M. Boini, and Pin-Lan Li, “Redox Regulation of NLRP3 Inflammasomes: ROS as Trigger or Effector?,” Antioxidants & Redox Signaling, pp. 150119122420006, 2014.
- O. Ahlehoff, L. Skov, G. Gislason, R. Gniadecki, L. Iversen, L.E. Bryld, S. Lasthein, J. Lindhardsen, S.L. Kristensen, C. Torp-Pedersen, and P.R. Hansen, “Cardiovascular outcomes and systemic anti-inflammatory drugs in patients with severe psoriasis: 5-year follow-up of a Danish nationwide cohort,” Journal of the European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology, 2014.