- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 920983, 7 pages
Prevalence of Metabolic Syndrome in Urban India
1Research Laboratories, P. D. Hinduja National Hospital & Medical Research Centre, Mumbai 400016, India
2Department of Preventive Medicine, Grant Medical College and Sir J. J. Hospital, Mumbai 400016, India
3Department Laboratory Medicine, P. D. Hinduja National Hospital & Medical Research Centre, Veer Savarkar Marg, Mahim, Mumbai 400016, India
Received 26 November 2010; Revised 21 February 2011; Accepted 16 March 2011
Academic Editor: Jean Davignon
Copyright © 2011 Apurva Sawant et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [22 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- D.S. Prasad, Z. Kabir, A.K. Dash, and B.C. Das, “Prevalence and risk factors for metabolic syndrome in Asian Indians: A community study from urban Eastern India,” Journal of Cardiovascular Disease Research, vol. 3, no. 3, pp. 204–211, 2012.
- Hemant Poudyal, Sunil K. Panchal, Leigh C. Ward, Jennifer Waanders, and Lindsay Brown, “Chronic high-carbohydrate, high-fat feeding in rats induces reversible metabolic, cardiovascular, and liver changes,” American Journal Of Physiology-Endocrinology And Metabolism, vol. 302, no. 12, pp. E1472–E1482, 2012.
- Ranabir Salam, Achouba Singh Kshetrimayum, and Reetu Keisam, “Testosterone and metabolic syndrome: The link.,” Indian journal of endocrinology and metabolism, vol. 16Suppl1, 2012.
- Jayakrishnan Thayyil, Thejus Thayyil Jayakrishnan, Meharoof Raja, and Jeeja Mathumal Cherumanalil, “Metabolic syndrome and other cardiovascular risk factors among police officers,” North American Journal of Medical Sciences, vol. 4, no. 12, pp. 630–635, 2012.
- Rajeev Goyal, Ashok Kumar, and Monil Singhai, “Study of Metabolic Syndrome and Its Risk Components in Patients Attending Tertiary Care Center of Uttarakhand,” Indian Journal of Clinical Biochemistry, 2013.
- R.K. Kotokey, Dibyajyoti Kalita, Roshan Agarwala, and Shubham Purkayastha, “Prevalence of Metabolic Syndrome in urban population of Dibrugarh town of upper Assam,” Journal of Indian College of Cardiology, vol. 3, no. 2, pp. 52–56, 2013.
- S. Chackrewarthy, D. Gunasekera, A. Pathmeswaren, C. N. Wijekoon, U. K. Ranawaka, N. Kato, F. Takeuchi, and A. R. Wickremasinghe, “A Comparison between Revised NCEP ATP III and IDF Definitions in Diagnosing Metabolic Syndrome in an Urban Sri Lankan Population: The Ragama Health Study,” ISRN Endocrinology, vol. 2013, pp. 1–7, 2013.
- Manzoor Ahmad Bhat, Bashir Ahmad Laway, Zaffar Amin Shah, Arshad Iqbal Wani, and Idrees Mubarik, “Insulin resistance, metabolic syndrome and chronic low grade inflammation in Sheehan’s syndrome on standard replacement therapy: a case control study,” Pituitary, vol. 18, no. 3, pp. 312–318, 2014.
- Rajesh Kumar Galimudi, Mrudula K. Spurthi, Chiranjeevi Padala, Kishore G. Kumar, Saraswati Mudigonda, Srilatha G. Reddy, Mohini T. Aiyengar, Sanjib K. Sahu, and Surekha H. Rani, “Interleukin 6(-174G/C) Variant and its Circulating Levels in Coronary Artery Disease Patients and Their First Degree Relatives,” Inflammation, vol. 37, no. 2, pp. 314–321, 2014.
- Suraj S. Yadav, Raju K. Mandal, Manish K. Singh, Archna Verma, Pradeep Dwivedi, Rishi Sethi, Kauser Usman, and Sanjay Khattri, “High Serum Level of Matrix Metalloproteinase 9 and Promoter Polymorphism - 1562 C:T as a New Risk Factor for Metabolic Syndrome,” Dna and Cell Biology, vol. 33, no. 11, pp. 816–822, 2014.
- S. O'Neill, and L. O'Driscoll, “Metabolic syndrome: a closer look at the growing epidemic and its associated pathologies,” Obesity Reviews, 2014.
- Sandeep Grover, Naresh Nebhinani, Ramachandran Padmavati, Rakesh K Chadda, Srinivasan Tirupati, and Abhishek Pallava, “Metabolic syndrome in antipsychotic naïve patients with schizophrenia: pooled analysis of data from three Indian studies,” Early Intervention in Psychiatry, 2014.
- Deepti A. Lokanath, Sharada A. Chandrashekariah, D. Xaviour, and Jayashankar Rao, “The Incidence and Alliance of Metabolic Syndrome with Cardiovascular Risk Markers among Kodavas,” Open Journal of Endocrine and Metabolic Diseases, vol. 04, no. 06, pp. 158–166, 2014.
- Chetan P. Shah, Dayanand K. Kumbla, Asha Moorthy, S. Murthy, Pankaj Aneja, Jagdish Gotur, Anil Gupta, Raman Abhi, Rajeev Bansal, Subhash Sonawala, Anil G. Balani, R. Kedarnathan, Pankaj Soni, and P. Chinnaiyan, “A post-marketing study evaluating the lipid-altering efficacy and safety of approved dose ranges of rosuvastatin in Indian hyperlipidemia patients in routine clinical practice (ROSUVEES),” Journal of Indian College of Cardiology, 2015.
- Rajagopalan Geetha, Mutulur Krishnamoorthy Radika, Emayavaramban Priyadarshini, Krishnamurthy Bhavani, and Carani Venkatraman Anuradha, “Troxerutin reverses fibrotic changes in the myocardium of high-fat high-fructose diet-fed mice,” Molecular and Cellular Biochemistry, 2015.
- Neetu Miglani, and Kiran Bains, “Interplay between Proteins and Metabolic Syndrome- A Review,” Critical Reviews in Food Science and Nutrition, pp. 00–00, 2015.
- Nirmal Aryal, and Sharada P. Wasti, “The prevalence of metabolic syndrome in South Asia: a systematic review,” International Journal of Diabetes in Developing Countries, 2015.
- Seema Garg, Pranav Malik, Rajarshi Kar, Vidya Sankar, and Mohit Mehndiratta, “Expression of Lipoprotein associated phospholipase A2 enzyme in medical undergraduate students with metabolic syndrome,” Diabetes & Metabolic Syndrome: Clinical Research & Reviews, 2015.
- A D Jones, A K M Hayter, C P Baker, P Prabhakaran, V Gupta, B Kulkarni, G D Smith, Y Ben-Shlomo, K V R Krishna, P U Kumar, and S Kinra, “The co-occurrence of anemia and cardiometabolic disease risk demonstrates sex-specific sociodemographic patterning in an urbanizing rural region of southern India,” European Journal of Clinical Nutrition, 2015.
- Dariush Mozaffarian, Emelia J. Benjamin, Alan S. Go, Donna K. Arnett, Michael J. Blaha, Mary Cushman, Sarah de Ferranti, Jean-Pierre Despres, Heather J. Fullerton, Virginia J. Howard, Mark D. Huffman, Suzanne E. Judd, Brett M. Kissela, Daniel T. Lackland, Judith H. Lichtman, Lynda D. Lisabeth, Simin Liu, Rachel H. Mackey, David B. Matchar, Darren K. McGuire, Emile R. Mohler, Claudia S. Moy, Paul Muntner, Michael E. Mussolino, Khurram Nasir, Robert W. Neumar, Graham Nichol, Latha Palaniappan, Dilip K. Pandey, Mathew J. Reeves, Carlos J. Rodriguez, Paul D. Sorlie, Joel Stein, Amytis Towfighi, Tanya N. Turan, Salim S. Virani, Joshua Z. Willey, Daniel Woo, Robert W. Yeh, and Melanie B. Turner, “Heart Disease and Stroke Statistics-2015 Update A Report From the American Heart Association,” Circulation, vol. 131, no. 4, pp. E29–E322, 2015.
- Bijoya Chatterjee, Manish Mehta, Tejas Shah, Hardik Mahant, Vandana Katwa, and Ketangiri Gosai, “Association of Lipoprotein(a) and hsCRP Levels with Metabolic Syndrome and its Components,” Indian Journal of Clinical Biochemistry, 2015.
- Anand N. Malaviya, “Discoveries of conventional synthetic disease modifying anti-rheumatic drugs – Serendipity or flawless reasoning?,” Indian Journal of Rheumatology, 2016.