- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 292598, 19 pages
Cholesterol: Its Regulation and Role in Central Nervous System Disorders
1Institut für Laboratoriumsmedizin, Vinzenz von Paul Kliniken gGmbH, Adlerstra
2Dipartimento di Scienze Farmacologiche e Biomolecolari, Facoltà di Farmacia, Università di Milano, Via Balzaretti 9, 20133 Milano, Italy
Received 6 July 2012; Revised 3 September 2012; Accepted 10 September 2012
Academic Editor: Gloria L. Vega
Copyright © 2012 Matthias Orth and Stefano Bellosta. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [15 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Laura Anchisi, Sandra Dessì, Alessandra Pani, and Antonella Mandas, “Cholesterol homeostasis: A key to prevent or slow down neurodegeneration,” Frontiers in Physiology, vol. 3, 2013.
- H. Bobby Fokidis, Hans H. Adomat, Geetanjali Kharmate, Elham Hosseini-Beheshti, Emma S. Guns, and Kiran K. Soma, “Regulation of local steroidogenesis in the brain and in prostate cancer: Lessons learned from interdisciplinary collaboration,” Frontiers in Neuroendocrinology, 2014.
- Cynthia Hong, and Peter Tontonoz, “Liver X receptors in lipid metabolism: opportunities for drug discovery,” Nature Reviews Drug Discovery, 2014.
- B. Kansy, “Erkrankungen der Halslymphknoten im Kindesalter,” Laryngo-Rhino-Otologie, vol. 93, pp. S49–S69, 2014.
- Prudence Tettey, and Ingrid AF van der Mei, “Lipids in multiple sclerosis: adverse lipid profiles, disability and disease progression,” Clinical Lipidology, vol. 9, no. 5, pp. 473–475, 2014.
- Marko Brankatschk, Sebastian Dunst, Linda Nemetschke, and Suzanne Eaton, “Delivery of circulating lipoproteins to specific neurons in the Drosophila brain regulates systemic insulin signaling,” eLife, vol. 3, 2014.
- Digvijay G. Rana, Amrutlal K. Patel, Chaitanya G. Joshi, Mayurdhvaj K. Jhala, and Ramesh K. Goyal, “ Alteration in the expression of exon IIC transcripts of brain-derived neurotrophic factor gene by simvastain in chronic mild stress in mice: a possible link with dopaminergic pathway ,” Canadian Journal of Physiology and Pharmacology, pp. 985–992, 2014.
- Prudence Tettey, Steve Simpson, Bruce V. Taylor, and Ingrid van der Mei, “Vascular comorbidities in the onset and progression of multiple sclerosis,” Journal of the Neurological Sciences, 2014.
- A. S. Mello, M. P. Goldim, J. Mezzalira, C. S. Garcia, V. V. Daitz, C. D. Castilhos, M. S. Viegas, O. V. Vieira, and J. C. Coelho, “LAMP2 as a marker of EBV-mediated B lymphocyte transformation in the study of lysosomal storage diseases,” Molecular and Cellular Biochemistry, vol. 385, no. 1-2, pp. 1–6, 2014.
- Alcibiades E. Villarreal, Rachel Barron, K. S. Rao, and Gabrielle B. Britton, “The Effects of Impaired Cerebral Circulation on Alzheimer's Disease Pathology: Evidence from Animal Studies,” Journal of Alzheimers Disease, vol. 42, no. 3, pp. 707–722, 2014.
- Barbara B. Raddatz, Annika Lehmbecker, Arno Kalkuhl, Ulrich Deschl, Wolfgang Baumgärtner, and Reiner Ulrich, “Transcriptional analysis of glial cell differentiation in postnatal murine spinal cord,” International Journal of Developmental Neuroscience, 2015.
- Wei-Wei Ma, Chao-Qun Li, Huan-Ling Yu, Dan-Di Zhang, Yuan-Di Xi, Jing Han, Quan-Ri Liu, and Rong Xiao, “The Oxysterol 27-Hydroxycholesterol Increases Oxidative Stress and Regulate Nrf2 Signaling Pathway in Astrocyte Cells,” Neurochemical Research, 2015.
- Valerio Leoni, and Claudio Caccia, “The impairment of cholesterol metabolism in Huntington Disease,” Biochimica et Biophysica Acta (BBA) - Molecular and Cell Biology of Lipids, 2015.
- W. Li, R. Wang, S. Zhang, and X. Li, “DAMP, an acidotropic pH indicator, can be used as a tool to visualize non-esterified cholesterol in cells,” Acta Biochimica et Biophysica Sinica, 2015.
- Bartholomew J. Naughton, F. Jason Duncan, Darren A. Murrey, Aaron S. Meadows, David E. Newsom, Nicoleta Stoicea, Peter White, Douglas W. Scharre, Douglas M. Mccarty, and Haiyan Fu, “Blood Genome-Wide Transcriptional Profiles Reflect Broad Molecular Impairments and Strong Blood-Brain Links in Alzheimer's Disease,” Journal of Alzheimers Disease, vol. 43, no. 1, pp. 93–108, 2015.