- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 292598, 19 pages
Cholesterol: Its Regulation and Role in Central Nervous System Disorders
1Institut für Laboratoriumsmedizin, Vinzenz von Paul Kliniken gGmbH, Adlerstra
2Dipartimento di Scienze Farmacologiche e Biomolecolari, Facoltà di Farmacia, Università di Milano, Via Balzaretti 9, 20133 Milano, Italy
Received 6 July 2012; Revised 3 September 2012; Accepted 10 September 2012
Academic Editor: Gloria L. Vega
Copyright © 2012 Matthias Orth and Stefano Bellosta. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [5 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Laura Anchisi, Sandra Dessì, Alessandra Pani, and Antonella Mandas, “Cholesterol homeostasis: A key to prevent or slow down neurodegeneration,” Frontiers in Physiology, vol. 3, 2013.
- H. Bobby Fokidis, Hans H. Adomat, Geetanjali Kharmate, Elham Hosseini-Beheshti, Emma S. Guns, and Kiran K. Soma, “Regulation of local steroidogenesis in the brain and in prostate cancer: Lessons learned from interdisciplinary collaboration,” Frontiers in Neuroendocrinology, 2014.
- Cynthia Hong, and Peter Tontonoz, “Liver X receptors in lipid metabolism: opportunities for drug discovery,” Nature Reviews Drug Discovery, 2014.
- B. Kansy, “Erkrankungen der Halslymphknoten im Kindesalter,” Laryngo-Rhino-Otologie, vol. 93, pp. S49–S69, 2014.
- A. S. Mello, M. P. Goldim, J. Mezzalira, C. S. Garcia, V. V. Daitz, C. D. Castilhos, M. S. Viegas, O. V. Vieira, and J. C. Coelho, “LAMP2 as a marker of EBV-mediated B lymphocyte transformation in the study of lysosomal storage diseases,” Molecular and Cellular Biochemistry, vol. 385, no. 1-2, pp. 1–6, 2014.