- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 564705, 5 pages
Ezetimibe and Simvastatin Reduce Cholesterol Levels in Zebrafish Larvae Fed a High-Cholesterol Diet
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
Received 13 February 2012; Accepted 28 March 2012
Academic Editor: Jeffrey Cohn
Copyright © 2012 Ji Sun Baek et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- K. Stoletov, L. Fang, S. H. Choi et al., “Vascular lipid accumulation, lipoprotein oxidation, and macrophage lipid uptake in hypercholesterolemic zebrafish,” Circulation Research, vol. 104, no. 8, pp. 952–960, 2009.
- S. Jin, J. H. Hong, S. H. Jung, and K. H. Cho, “Turmeric and laurel aqueous extracts exhibit in vitro anti-atherosclerotic activity and in vivo hypolipidemic effects in a zebrafish model,” Journal of Medicinal Food, vol. 14, no. 3, pp. 247–256, 2011.
- S. Jin and K. H. Cho, “Water extracts of cinnamon and clove exhibits potent inhibition of protein glycation and anti-atherosclerotic activity in vitro and in vivo hypolipidemic activity in zebrafish,” Food and Chemical Toxicology, vol. 49, no. 7, pp. 1521–1529, 2011.
- J. Y. Kim, J. Seo, and K. H. Cho, “Aspartame-fed zebrafish exhibit acute deaths with swimming defects and saccharin-fed zebrafish have elevation of cholesteryl ester transfer protein activity in hypercholesterolemia,” Food and Chemical Toxicology, vol. 49, pp. 2899–2905, 2011.
- L. Fang, S. R. Green, J. S. Baek, et al., “In vivo visualization and attenuation of oxidized lipid accumulation in hypercholesterolemic zebrafish,” Journal of Clinical Investigation, vol. 121, pp. 4861–4869, 2011.
- L. Fang, R. Harkewicz, K. Hartvigsen et al., “Oxidized cholesteryl esters and phospholipids in zebrafish larvae fed a high cholesterol diet: macrophage binding and activation,” Journal of Biological Chemistry, vol. 285, no. 42, pp. 32343–32351, 2010.
- C. B. Kimmel, W. W. Ballard, S. R. Kimmel, B. Ullmann, and T. F. Schilling, “Stages of embryonic development of the zebrafish,” Developmental Dynamics, vol. 203, no. 3, pp. 253–310, 1995.
- J. D. Clifton, E. Lucumi, M. C. Myers et al., “Identification of novel inhibitors of dietary lipid absorption using zebrafish,” PLoS One, vol. 5, no. 8, Article ID e12386, 2010.
- L. S. Wen, K. Eng, J. Lee, and P. McGrath, “Use of a monoclonal antibody specific for activated endothelial cells to quantitate angiogenesis in vivo in zebrafish after drug treatment,” Angiogenesis, vol. 7, no. 3, pp. 243–253, 2004.
- P. J. Babin and J. M. Vernier, “Plasma lipoproteins in fish,” Journal of Lipid Research, vol. 30, no. 4, pp. 467–489, 1989.