- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 572820, 5 pages
Are Dietary Cholesterol Intake and Serum Cholesterol Levels Related to Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease in Obese Children?
12nd Department of Pediatrics, School of Medicine and Ahepa General Hospital, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Street Kiriakidi 1, 54636 Thessaloniki, Greece
2Department of Life and Health Sciences, University of Nicosia, Makedonitissas Avenue, 1700 Nicosia, Cyprus
Received 5 April 2012; Accepted 16 May 2012
Academic Editor: Roya Kelishadi
Copyright © 2012 Dimitrios Papandreou et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [10 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Ali Hashemi kani, Seyed Moayed Alavian, Ahmad Esmaillzadeh, Peyman Adibi, and Leila Azadbakht, “Dietary Quality Indices and Biochemical Parameters Among Patients With Non Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease (NAFLD),” Hepatitis Monthly, vol. 13, no. 7, 2013.
- Anna Alisi, Guido Carpino, and Valerio Nobili, “Paediatric nonalcoholic fatty liver disease,” Current Opinion in Gastroenterology, vol. 29, no. 3, pp. 279–284, 2013.
- Anabel García-Heredia, Elizabeth Kensicki, Robert P. Mohney, Anna Rull, Iris Triguero, Judit Marsillach, Carmen Tormos, Bharti Mackness, Michael Mackness, Diana M. Shih, Juan Pedro-Botet, Jorge Joven, Guillermo Sáez, and Jordi Camps, “Paraoxonase-1 Deficiency Is Associated with Severe Liver Steatosis in Mice Fed a High-fat High-cholesterol Diet: A Metabolomic Approach,” Journal of Proteome Research, vol. 12, no. 4, pp. 1946–1955, 2013.
- Xiang Duan, Mei Li, Fengfeng Wu, Na Yang, Mehdi Nikoo, Zhengyu Jin, and Xueming Xu, “Postfertilization Changes in Nutritional Composition and Protein Conformation of Hen Egg,” Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, pp. 131122161837006, 2013.
- Shira Zelber-Sagi, Federico Salomone, Hanny Yeshua, Roni Lotan, Muriel Webb, Zamir Halpern, Erwin Santo, Ran Oren, and Oren Shibolet, “Non-high-density lipoprotein cholesterol independently predicts new onset of non-alcoholic fatty liver disease,” Liver International, 2013.
- Inês O. Gonçalves, Emanuel Passos, Sílvia Rocha-Rodrigues, Joan R. Torrella, Estela Santos-Alves, Piero Portincasa, Maria J. Martins, António Ascensão, and José Magalhães, “Physical exercise antagonizes clinical and anatomical features characterizing Lieber-DeCarli diet-induced obesity and related metabolic disorders,” Clinical Nutrition, 2014.
- Kenichiro Yasutake, Motoyuki Kohjima, Kazuhiro Kotoh, Manabu Nakashima, Makoto Nakamuta, and Munechika Enjoji, “Dietary habits and behaviors associated with nonalcoholic fatty liver disease,” World Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 20, no. 7, pp. 1756–1767, 2014.
- Charlotte J. Green, and Leanne Hodson, “The Influence of Dietary Fat on Liver Fat Accumulation,” Nutrients, vol. 6, no. 11, pp. 5018–5033, 2014.
- Zahra Mosallaei, Mohsen Mazidi, Mohammad Safariyan, Abdolreza Norouzy, Seyed Amir Reza Mohajeri, Habibollah Esmaily, Ali Bahari, Majid Ghayour-Mobarhan, and Mohsen Nematy, “Dietary intake and its relationship with non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD),” Mediterranean Journal of Nutrition and Metabolism, vol. 8, no. 2, pp. 139–148, 2015.
- Cilius Esmann Fonvig, Elizaveta Chabanova, Johanne Dam Ohrt, Louise Aas Nielsen, Oluf Pedersen, Torben Hansen, Henrik S. Thomsen, and Jens-Christian Holm, “Multidisciplinary care of obese children and adolescents for one year reduces ectopic fat content in liver and skeletal muscle,” BMC Pediatrics, vol. 15, no. 1, 2015.