- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 804643, 6 pages
Gender Differences Time Trends for Metabolic Syndrome and Its Components among Tehranian Children and Adolescents
1Obesity Research Center, Research Institute for Endocrine Science, Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Sciences, 1985717413 Tehran, Iran
2Endocrine Research Center, Research Institute for Endocrine Science, Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Sciences, 1985717413 Tehran, Iran
Received 7 January 2012; Accepted 26 February 2012
Academic Editor: Roya Kelishadi
Copyright © 2012 Maryam Barzin et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [6 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Gholamreza Yousefzadeh, and Mehrdad Sheikhvatan, “Age and gender differences in the clustering of metabolic syndrome combinations: A prospective cohort research from the Kerman Coronary Artery Disease Risk Study (KERCADRS),” Diabetes & Metabolic Syndrome: Clinical Research & Reviews, 2013.
- Fatemeh Esfarjani, Marjan Khalafi, Fatemeh Mohammadi, Negar Zamani-Nour, and Roya Kelishadi, “Metabolic Syndrome and its determinants in a sample of young Iranian children with obesity,” Pakistan Journal Of Medical Sciences, vol. 29, pp. 253–257, 2013.
- Mojgan Gharipour, Nizal Sarrafzadegan, Masoumeh Sadeghi, Elham Andalib, Mohammad Talaie, Davood Shafie, and Esmaiel Aghababaie, “Predictors of Metabolic Syndrome in the Iranian Population: Waist Circumference, Body Mass Index, or Waist to Hip Ratio?,” Cholesterol, vol. 2013, pp. 1–6, 2013.
- Shahrzad Jafari-Adli, Zahra Jouyandeh, Mostafa Qorbani, Ahmadreza Soroush, Bagher Larijani, and Shirin Hasani-Ranjbar, “Prevalence of obesity and overweight in adults and children in Iran; a systematic review,” Journal of Diabetes & Metabolic Disorders, vol. 13, no. 1, 2014.
- Alynne Christian Ribeiro Andaki, Adelson Luiz Araujo Tinoco, Edmar Lacerda Mendes, Roberto Andaki Junior, Andrew P. Hills, and Paulo Roberto S. Amorim, “Anthropometry and physical activity level in the prediction of metabolic syndrome in children,” Public Health Nutrition, vol. 17, no. 10, pp. 2287–2294, 2014.
- Tayyebeh Chahkandi, Fatemeh Taheri, Toba Kazemi, and Bita Bijari, “The Prevalence of Diabetes and Prediabetes Among Elementary School Children in Birjand,” Iranian Journal of Pediatrics, vol. 25, no. 1, 2015.